Few gameplaying questions

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

Few gameplaying questions

Postby Hrvoje19 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 am

When I click 'playcalling' key it just changes my strategy by order, one by one, so if I want to play action no.5 have to type it 5 times.. you know.. In the menu when you click Offensive or Defensive strategy every strategy is 'connected' with a certain key (pass, shoot, crossover), so my question is - how to call a certain play I want - do I have to click simultaneously 'playcalling' key and one of that keys?... or something else..? I tried, I doesn't work for me... please tell me if you know!

Second thing that bothers me - I've noticed you have an option to choose for movement (APSOLUTE or SCRN-RELATIVE) I don't see a difference, anyone know what is that all about?

Thank you!!

btw, this page http://download.nba-live.com/index.php? ... gory&id=66 doesn't seem to work anymore, and it a shame cos it has a lots of great stuff! ... Is there a chance it could be refreshed (updated) ?

*************** if you want to do an alley-oop click 'DIRECT SHOOT' and 'PASS' keys at once! ************************
Hrvoje19

Re: Few gameplaying questions

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:19 am

It's been ages since I played NBA Live 2000 but I'm pretty sure that's how Playcalling works. As for the Downloads section, that's a bit more tricky. A lot of links should still work because we've got the stuff hosted on our site but anything that isn't is likely gone, especially if it was on free web hosting since those sites tend to get deleted after a period of inactivity and sometimes those services cease to exist completely.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Hrvoje19 wrote:Second thing that bothers me - I've noticed you have an option to choose for movement (APSOLUTE or SCRN-RELATIVE) I don't see a difference, anyone know what is that all about?

It has to do with controlling the movement of your player which depends on the orientation of the camera angle.
If it's absolute, if your press down, the player will go down or "south" of the monitor.
If it's screen relative, if you press up, the player will go upcourt, down -backcourt, left/right - to the sideline; depending on the camera angle. The movement axis are fixed in screen relative. Try choosing screen relative and playing with different camera angles to know firsthand. Try the "classic" view, I think Live 2000 has that camera view IIRC, to quickly know what I'm talking about.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby mortalsoul3 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Question re: Live 2000:

From a programming standpoint, to what degree -- if at all -- does pausing the game mid- and/or between plays {and/or between quarters}, impact the quality of game-play for computer-controlled teams? Is this impact heightened by saving game(s), then re-loading to continue play? Or is it decreased?

Finally, have later generation NBA Live entries improved upon this programming aspect of the product?

Many thanks, all,
MT
mortalsoul3

Return to NBA Live Vintage