Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Love the game this year again, appreciate Leftos's role with the community.

I don't care about MyBlahBlah things (except MyGM/association), so don't forget classic gamers ;)

And please, just fix the fucking old reverse dribble bug, improve net code (specially for european players) and other minors things.
sticky-fingers

Postby dwayne12345 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Andrew wrote:Not that it's a huge deal or anything, but we probably don't need to start every single feedback post with "Dear Devs". It might start sounding a bit obnoxious after a while. :lol:

Dear Andrew,

You may have a point.

Best.
dwayne12345

Postby RazberyBandit on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:32 pm

I'd like to see the East and West division of North American players removed. Such a split may be very effective on consoles where tens of thousands of players may be playing simultaneously, but the PC playerbase is tiny by comparison and does not need to be segregated due to geographical location.

Also, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but based on what I heard from a European friend of mine, I believe the language division in Europe should be removed. If a player in Lyon, France who speaks French with his/her game set to French wants to play with an Italian friend in Milan, Italy who speaks Italian with his/her game set to Italian and a Swiss friend in Bern, Switzerland who speaks German with the game set to German (all of whom live within approximately 30 minutes from one another), they should not all have to synchronize their language just to play together.
RazberyBandit

Postby eirik on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:34 pm

In the tip off there is always one person using his left hand to tip the ball back. In real life most of the times both of the players use their right hand for the jump ball. Is this going to get fixed in future NBA 2K games?
eirik

Postby RazberyBandit on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:22 am

Please increase the size of MyCourt to at least the same dimensions as the 3v3 MyPark court.
RazberyBandit

Postby jk31 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:48 am

RazberyBandit wrote:Also, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but based on what I heard from a European friend of mine, I believe the language division in Europe should be removed. If a player in Lyon, France who speaks French with his/her game set to French wants to play with an Italian friend in Milan, Italy who speaks Italian with his/her game set to Italian and a Swiss friend in Bern, Switzerland who speaks German with the game set to German (all of whom live within approximately 30 minutes from one another), they should not all have to synchronize their language just to play together.

THIS!

It's just a problem in ProAm and MyPark. For other online games there is no language barrier.
jk31

Postby miki_92 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 pm

can this game stop putting PG's on SF's on defense in MyCareer :roll:

first season I was in LAC and CP3 was guarding Durant/LBJ etc. and now in Rockets (1st round of playoffs) Ty Lawson is guarding Andrew Wiggins while Trevor Ariza who is much better defender is on Ricky Rubio (worse off player than Wiggins), this doesn't make any sense

Wiggins is killing this midget in post-ups left and right just like Durant was killing CP3, and when I come to help I am leaving my man on a wide open 3
miki_92

Postby joosegoose on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:32 am

I hope I'm not spamming as I previously made a thread on this, but I want to make absolutely sure this gets seen. I think it's pretty important:

I know there are tunes in place to improve the well-documented issue with players signing for much too small contracts. That being said, I've noticed another issue that may or may not be fixed by them: Image

That screenshot says just about all there is to say. Yes, the final option of his rookie contract was declined, making him a UFA. This is incredibly frequent with the result of way too many young players who would be on their rookie contracts becoming UFAs. As you can see from the screenshot, other youngish players on team friendly contracts are having their team options declined as well.
joosegoose

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:04 am

joosegoose wrote:I hope I'm not spamming as I previously made a thread on this, but I want to make absolutely sure this gets seen. I think it's pretty important:

I know there are tunes in place to improve the well-documented issue with players signing for much too small contracts. That being said, I've noticed another issue that may or may not be fixed by them:

That screenshot says just about all there is to say. Yes, the final option of his rookie contract was declined, making him a UFA. This is incredibly frequent with the result of way too many young players who would be on their rookie contracts becoming UFAs. As you can see from the screenshot, other youngish players on team friendly contracts are having their team options declined as well.

I've seen it and I'll look into it.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby joosegoose on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 am

Leftos wrote:
joosegoose wrote:I hope I'm not spamming as I previously made a thread on this, but I want to make absolutely sure this gets seen. I think it's pretty important:

I know there are tunes in place to improve the well-documented issue with players signing for much too small contracts. That being said, I've noticed another issue that may or may not be fixed by them:

I've seen it and I'll look into it.

Thanks! Just needed the assurance, MyLeague is so good this year and deserves it. (Y)
joosegoose

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:57 am

Not a huge issue but why does the announce only say "PORZINGIS" instead of "KRISTAPS PORZINGIS"?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:15 am

My dearest Leftos

Is there anyway we could have switch back to the old "Quick sub" menu via a patch or something please?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Roberuru on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 am

mp3 wrote:My dearest Leftos

Is there anyway we could have switch back to the old "Quick sub" menu via a patch or something please?

yes. i agree.

this system is so bad.

Why was the change if the old system worked perfect?

This is very cumbersome and illogical,or am I mistaken ?
Roberuru

Postby PoundedChicken on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Just a bit of Thank You. Thank you for:

[*]Really Good 2560 x 1080 support
[*]Adding more sliders to MyLeague - more please next year
[*]Creating some transparency in terms of teams' current roster-building strategy
[*]The ability to skip cutscenes in MyCareer
[*]Increasing the number of trade items per team
[*]Allowing 3 team trades
[*]Giving pre-orderers access to the game early
[*]Adding advanced team stats
[*]All the little things added this year, like re-alignment after each season and things I know exist but can't think of off the top of my head.

Next year, any chance you could

[*]Bring back the Team Budget screen that shows future-year salary cap & salaries
[*]Add more sliders to MyCareer - including those that might allow us to further tune how the CPU values trades (ie. weightings for youth, salary cap relief etc)
[*]Fix the issue with CPU not accepting obvious Rookie options & being more aggressive in re-signing restricted free agents
[*]Add some algorithmic tuning to the option that sims stats to 12 min quarters
[*]Not let Spike Lee direct MyCareer and give some better pathing options earlier on
[*]Improve the Instant Replay system and automate it to an extant so users can actually go in and view CPU-defined "highlight" plays
[*]Try to get the ESPN license
[*]Add Real Plus Minus to advanced stats
[*]Tone down the social media - use one post instead of 3 for the same story
PoundedChicken

Postby miki_92 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

wouldn't it be easier for them to get TNT license rather than ESPN (Live has it)
miki_92

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:12 am

Yeah, EA still has a lengthy partnership with ESPN. Since Kevin Harlan is already in the game, the TNT license would be better anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TBM on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:59 am

Not to mention they basically have Inside The NBA already.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:32 am

That too. They'd have to replace Doris Burke, Clark Kellogg, and Greg Anthony, but it'd be worth it for the authenticity. I'm also guessing not a lot of people would miss Kellogg at this juncture.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby joosegoose on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am

Andrew wrote:That too. They'd have to replace Doris Burke, Clark Kellogg, and Greg Anthony, but it'd be worth it for the authenticity. I'm also guessing not a lot of people would miss Kellogg at this juncture.

Or Anthony :lol:
joosegoose

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:55 am

Fair point, though at least he's an NBA analyst.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PoundedChicken on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Well there you go ESPN locked up with EA until 2020.

It'd be nice to see what 2K can do with Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson :D
PoundedChicken

Postby maumau78 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:16 pm

@Leftos are devs aware of this issue????

Lack of Double Teams in the post

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... -post.html
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dwayne12345 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:31 am

Dear Devs,

Please fix the trade logic. I wrote it in a thread but figured I'd say it here.

I am seeing teams who are in the Team State of "Contending" who are trading away starters for another player at the same position with the same rating.

3 different MyGM's in a row I got this trade from the CPU: Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside for Kevin Love and Timofey Mozgov.
Cavs are usually top of the east when this happens and Miami is usually in the playoff picture.

Also, thanks for the optimization for PC. I guess this would make the 2K devs better than the Batman: Arkham devs huh? It took them a year to fix stuttering and frame rate issues.
dwayne12345

Postby Ryne on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:58 am

My League:

Please let us edit staff contracts in the future.

Also, please let staff signing be easier. Every single staff member until I got into the F rated guys rejected my contract offers.
Ryne

Postby RazberyBandit on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Please add FTM/FTA to Pro-AM stats.
RazberyBandit

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16