How to get rid of the restricted area arcs?

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

How to get rid of the restricted area arcs?

Postby ENunn on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:51 am

So I'm planning on getting 2k16 on PC. Played it on PS4, pretty good.

For the courts, the pre '97-98 NBA courts don't have that restricted area arc at the end of the basket. 2k had them in most if not all pre 1997 courts in the game. Is there any way to get rid of them to make them more accurate to what they used to look like?
This topic was moved from Featured Content & Community Noticeboard by Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 am.
Reason: Not a site issue or community announcement
ENunn

Re: How to get rid of the restricted area arcs?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:19 pm

You can visually edit the courts and get rid of the restriced area arcs. But again, that is just a visually edit. The restriced area rules will still apply whenever the game has a chance ( That is not that often though).
I Hate Mondays

Postby ENunn on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Well of course that would happen. How will I get rid of the arc?
ENunn

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:49 am

Well, if you know a little bit of modding, there is a thing around here called "one texture court". Basically, someone discovered that you can take the center logo of every floor and replace it with a detailed image of the whole court. I mean, an actual image of the specific floor seen from above. So instead of the center logo, the "whole thing" image would overwrite the original court. Once you know how to do that, you can edit the "one texture" however you like as long as you have a good image editor like GIMP. You can erase the arcs, make them bigger or even draw rainbows and sunshine on your floor if you want to.
I Hate Mondays

Postby TBM on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:13 am

That's much more complicated, though, then what you may want. If all you want is to edit arcs, look for the shader editor. Much more logical of a choice.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K16