Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby mj23kb24 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:38 am

Corrected a case where instant replays where too short for users running faster than 60 FPS. - have the patch 3 installed and verified integrity cache in steam but this is not yet fixed. I have 144hz monitor . Replay works well in 60 hz but Im experiencing input lag. But when i use 144 hz ref rate, it is very smooth w/ no input lag but the replays cut short. Please help. THanks! (Y)
Intel Core I7 4790K (OC'ed@ 4.7 Ghz) Processor
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
Asus Strix GTX 980 Graphics Card
MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard
Gskill RipjawsX 16GB Dual DDR3 1866 CL9 RAM
Deepcool Kendomen Rd Mid Tower Casing
Seasonic M12ii-620 EVO 620W 80plus Bronze Fully Modular PSU
Kingston 240 GB Solid State Drive
Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive & 1TB + 500GB 7200RPM Sata Hard Drive
2 Corsair SP120(front),1 Corsair AF120(Back) and 2 Coolermaster Sickleflow (Top)120 Red LED fans
LG 24GM77 24" 1ms 144Hz LED 1080p Monitor
Razer Abyssus 2014 Mouse
Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014 Mechanical Keyboard
1 Xbox One Controller & 2x Xbox 360 Windows Controller
Edifier 5.1 M1150 mini home theater speaker
Windows 10 Pro OS
User avatar
mj23kb24
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby tampy on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:09 am

So we can change socks size now.. When do we get to equip Stance Team Based socks on Home/Away games
tampy
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 am

MaxMBox wrote:still got an issues with 2KTV btw. Just check 2nd episode in low quality: it goes fluent 'till the mid of the episode and then constantly 'Loading' screens. I'm watching 2nd aprox. 5 min. part during I guess 30-40 minutes... that's crap. I know that I can watch them in YT (like last year) but in this case I can't participate in trivia questions. maybe they should add some checkbox that allows us to choose episodes that can be downloaded in background to the hard drive and then we can watch them from hdd ingame (for trivia purposes).

Sorry man. First suggestion is to try again the next day (because reasons). Second is to watch the show through the mobile app. You can still do the voting there....even though you miss out on some of the presentation elements.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29990
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:31 am

Except for one situation, my game finally runs very smoothly. Thanks 2k for finally making my experience excellent after patch 3.


About that one situation, I don't wanna be that kind of rude guy who says he spent money for the game and he demands the game to run perfectly for him asap. I would love to have that problem dissapear though, it's kinda irritating.
The problem I am talking about was mentioned two weeks ago :
In the gameplay settings menu, I have the "action replays" set to never, and the "after-basket camera cuts" set to ocassionaly.
In game, I play on the broadcast camera. Whenever I make a basket and the camera perspective focuses on a player (after-basket camera cut effect), my game stutters big time. It's like the player is in one place during the start of the camera cut, but after 1.5 seconds he teleports to another place. It looks ugly for a guy like me who tries to simulate the real-life TV experience.

Mr Leftos, I know you told me to record a video of the problem 2 weeks ago, but any video recording software takes away some fps from the start and I don't think it's very practical for the team to discover my problem. I have waited for patch #3 to see if my problems dissapear, but this problem is still here.
Is it allright if I record the video using my phone ? The problem can be seen this way. If the answer is yes, where should I post that video ?
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby dwayne12345 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:11 am

joosegoose wrote:
dwayne12345 wrote:
Ryne wrote:I think the contract extensions are still bad, however if you wait to the offseason the contracts are a bit more appropriate.


OK so it must be that players' are looking for a percentage of the cap and not taking into account the cap boom.


Hmm...if this is the case, would an appropriate workaround (other than 30 team control) be to lower the player resigning aggressiveness slider until the first offseason, when the cap jumps? Or, is the logic for all in-season extensions bad, regardless of the current cap?


That would only be good for MyLeague though. I think I have an idea of a workaround for both modes. In the roster editor bump up each players financial security value that you think wouldn't sign for a cheap contract this season. Therefor they will test the free agency and get a real contract in the offseason.
dwayne12345
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby MaxMBox on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 am

JaoSming wrote:
MaxMBox wrote:still got an issues with 2KTV btw. Just check 2nd episode in low quality: it goes fluent 'till the mid of the episode and then constantly 'Loading' screens. I'm watching 2nd aprox. 5 min. part during I guess 30-40 minutes... that's crap. I know that I can watch them in YT (like last year) but in this case I can't participate in trivia questions. maybe they should add some checkbox that allows us to choose episodes that can be downloaded in background to the hard drive and then we can watch them from hdd ingame (for trivia purposes).

Sorry man. First suggestion is to try again the next day (because reasons). Second is to watch the show through the mobile app. You can still do the voting there....even though you miss out on some of the presentation elements.

sure I'll try it later. maybe it's my Internet issues. 'cuz it's pretty strange that 1st half of the episode goes w\o any problems but the 2nd one is "loading" 2-3 minutes then show 3-5 seconds and then loading again for 2-3 mins.
User avatar
MaxMBox
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:11 am

@MaxBox. It's something about the whole Eastern European part. I have two friends here from Romania playing the game, one in Moldavia and myself included. We have the same problem you have described. Exactly the same thing, step by step. This happened last year also in 2k15. I got used to watching the episodes on the mobile app for 2k15, that's what I am also doing in 2k16. You should probably do that too, buddy.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby J_Smoove on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 am

dwayne12345 wrote:
joosegoose wrote:
dwayne12345 wrote:
Ryne wrote:I think the contract extensions are still bad, however if you wait to the offseason the contracts are a bit more appropriate.


OK so it must be that players' are looking for a percentage of the cap and not taking into account the cap boom.


Hmm...if this is the case, would an appropriate workaround (other than 30 team control) be to lower the player resigning aggressiveness slider until the first offseason, when the cap jumps? Or, is the logic for all in-season extensions bad, regardless of the current cap?


That would only be good for MyLeague though. I think I have an idea of a workaround for both modes. In the roster editor bump up each players financial security value that you think wouldn't sign for a cheap contract this season. Therefor they will test the free agency and get a real contract in the offseason.


agree!! before the v3 patch i m having a weird free agent signings with drummond and rondo,, their asking 17m and 12m respectively????
J_Smoove
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby MaxMBox on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:18 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:@MaxBox. It's something about the whole Eastern European part. I have two friends here from Romania playing the game, one in Moldavia and myself included. We have the same problem you have described. Exactly the same thing, step by step. This happened last year also in 2k15. I got used to watching the episodes on the mobile app for 2k15, that's what I am also doing in 2k16. You should probably do that too, buddy.

nah, not a good news. as for mobile app I stick with my webOS smartphone and don't have any Android device except Andy emulator on my laptop. just check 1 episode yesterday in Andy and there were not any VC-based questions. only final voting for best highlight. I'll check it later today ingame and maybe I should take my wife's android smartphone and check it there. thanx for advices to you and Jao
User avatar
MaxMBox
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby TBM on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 am

MaxMBox wrote:
I hate Mondays wrote:@MaxBox. It's something about the whole Eastern European part. I have two friends here from Romania playing the game, one in Moldavia and myself included. We have the same problem you have described. Exactly the same thing, step by step. This happened last year also in 2k15. I got used to watching the episodes on the mobile app for 2k15, that's what I am also doing in 2k16. You should probably do that too, buddy.

I stick with my webOS smartphone and don't have any Android device except Andy emulator on my laptop.


May I ask why?
Image
User avatar
TBM
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby dwayne12345 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:35 am

J_Smoove wrote:
dwayne12345 wrote:
joosegoose wrote:
dwayne12345 wrote:
Ryne wrote:I think the contract extensions are still bad, however if you wait to the offseason the contracts are a bit more appropriate.


OK so it must be that players' are looking for a percentage of the cap and not taking into account the cap boom.


Hmm...if this is the case, would an appropriate workaround (other than 30 team control) be to lower the player resigning aggressiveness slider until the first offseason, when the cap jumps? Or, is the logic for all in-season extensions bad, regardless of the current cap?


That would only be good for MyLeague though. I think I have an idea of a workaround for both modes. In the roster editor bump up each players financial security value that you think wouldn't sign for a cheap contract this season. Therefor they will test the free agency and get a real contract in the offseason.


agree!! before the v3 patch i m having a weird free agent signings with drummond and rondo,, their asking 17m and 12m respectively????


Drummond is asking 17m cause that's the max for your after rookie deal contract, so that's on point.

I got it to work by bumping up the financial security and lowering the loyalty on all the players who are expiring this year that are going to try to get the most possible via free agency. Conley, Batum, Al Jeff, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal,Brandon Jennings, and Durant are some that come to mind
dwayne12345
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby MaxMBox on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:23 am

TBM wrote:
MaxMBox wrote:I stick with my webOS smartphone and don't have any Android device except Andy emulator on my laptop.


May I ask why?

I really like webOS and it's so sad that HP kills this OS. I got all that I need from mobile device: phone calls, scheduler, mail client. IMHO all this stuff works on my 2 years old HP Veer better then on any Android devices. I personally don't like Android: I don't like how it works with memory (RAM or storage), I don't like how it drains battery, I don't like that if I want some properly working device I need root it and so one.

My Veer's life is going to the end and now I'm thinking about my next phone. Maybe it will be HP Pre3 on webOS (if I can find one in good conditions), or maybe it will be some WinX or Blackberry smartphone idk. but as for now I doubt that it will be some device on Android. amount of applications is the only one advantage of Android for me so if I'll buy tablet then it will be on Android. or maybe not. but for my phone\mobile device no chances that it will be Android device
User avatar
MaxMBox
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby fjccommish on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:26 pm

"still got an issues with 2KTV btw"

So do I. The menu defaults on 2KTV. If I don't move to something else, if I don't pay attention, I have to see some of the 2KTV with the fidget gidget. The latest, as FG rotates back and forth: "right to left, left to right..." I hate to even use the name Gidget. I loved the movies, and then I loved the real Gidget, who was my land lady in Los Angeles.

Doesn't seem that the problems with playvision are fixed. More than half the time, the play stops with nothing showing for me. I have to run around trying to figure out where to set a pick.

MyLeague and Play Now
Locked as PG or SG.

Also, when I'm PG and call a play for someone, if that play involves passing first to a different player, generally that player immediately shoots the ball/
fjccommish
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:11 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby tjangel07 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 am

Is this game worth buying now? On par with 2k15 performance?
Specs: I5 3470. GTX 1060 6gb. 12gb RAM.
tjangel07
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:48 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby andreu24 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:13 am

tjangel07 wrote:Is this game worth buying now? On par with 2k15 performance?

I'd say wait for a discount, as they usually lower its price (PC version, at least) by this date, especially on Black Friday.

Also modders have recently started to work on the game (roster editor in the making by greg, Albys starting thoroughly with its roster, r4zor and it's designs, etc.) and it'll be looking really nice by Christmas.

PD: My performance issues gone after random tweaking things.
andreu24
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby fjccommish on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I made the mistake of buying it for early release. More than a month later I still can't play because of the playvision issue.
fjccommish
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:11 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby PeoplesChamp on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 am

Andrew wrote:If we want realism out of our basketball video games, then it's fair to expect defenses to throw everything they've got at a point guard (or anyone, really) who's averaging 25 points, 18 assists, and 9 rebounds per game. That's not to say it's implemented perfectly and that there's no room for improvement/tweaks, but if you're tearing up the league like that, it's fair enough that CPU opponents are trying to slow you down.


Not to say that I don't welcome the challenge of having to work harder for my stats and (most importantly) wins, but right out of the gate though? No player in the NBA - not even LeBron - gets double teamed on every single possession. Does anyone know if there's a way to roll back to patch #2?

Job well done on ruining the game mode for me, 2K. Excellent work!
User avatar
PeoplesChamp
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:50 am

I'd heard there was another fix pushed through for it. No way to roll back, as far as I'm aware.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby qbas on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 am

Hmmm are commentary and playvision bugs fixed in this patch?
qbas
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:08 am

It would appear that there are still some issues with Playvision in some modes. Commentary is supposedly fixed, it remains to be seen whether it fixes the problem for everyone. After the previous patch, some people no longer had issues with the commentary cutting out, while others still did (or in my case, actually started experiencing it, oddly enough).
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:38 am

Andrew wrote:It would appear that there are still some issues with Playvision in some modes. Commentary is supposedly fixed, it remains to be seen whether it fixes the problem for everyone. After the previous patch, some people no longer had issues with the commentary cutting out, while others still did (or in my case, actually started experiencing it, oddly enough).



While some guy was commentanting on Jimmy Butler, he suddenly stopped in the middle of the sentence and there was this awkward silence for a few seconds. I could've swear the commentary bug is back, but I was relieved to see another commentator took off on another subject like nothing had happened. I would rather have this than the commentary cutting out for the remainder of the quarter.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 am

I'm getting the impression that the issue with commentary cutting out is related to situations where commentary is meant to be interrupted, either due to the user input (ie. skipping something in the presentation with a button press) or automatically to keep up with the action. A slight hiccup in those situations is certainly preferable to losing the commentary completely.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby fjccommish on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Sometimes the commentary falls behind the action. Team A hits a 3. Team B fast breaks to score on a dunk. Commentary calls the play by play for the 3.
fjccommish
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:11 am

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby Kevin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:35 pm

New patch fixed commentary issues for me .
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
User avatar
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics
 
Posts: 8056
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby ppedro123 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 am

Is it just me or CPU's pick and roll defense STILL sucks?


Thats unbeliavable.
ppedro123
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests