Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V2)

Postby eggie25 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:06 am

TBM wrote:
eggie25 wrote:Hey Leftos. Before this patch my game was perfectly fine. Now it wont let me go past the title screen. what can i do to fix this?

Have you modded the game prior to the patch?

no. not at all. i just now reverted my laptop back using system restore and now it wants me to install the game again unfortunately. Will i lose all of the players i created in my game naturally after doing this?
eggie25

Postby intruda on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:10 am

eggie25 wrote:Hey Leftos. Before this patch my game was perfectly fine. Now it wont let me go past the title screen. what can i do to fix this?

Having the same issue at the moment. Only thing installed was a sweetfx. All third party apps closed, but all I get is title screen and crash

Played 2 hours last night with patch without any issue.

Eggie25 are you on windows 10? Did you computer auto update?
intruda

Postby Leftos on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:15 am

intruda, reposting from the other thread:

If you're crashing on the title screen after having booted the game between approximately 8AM and 10.30AM PST, you'll want to delete your SYNC.BIN file:

1. Go to your Steam directory (usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam)
2. Go to the userdata folder.
3. Go into the folder in there. It looks like a string of numbers, but it should be the only folder in there.
4. Go into the 370240 folder. These number strings tie to different games. 370240 is NBA 2K16. Don't go into any other folder.
5. Go into the "local" folder.
6. Delete SYNC.BIN.
7. Go into Steam, boot up 2K16, allow the game a few minutes to update, and it's good to go. If you get a “Please wait, retrieving data from 2K Sports Server” prompt, do NOT cancel it. Let it finish downloading the latest data.

Your saves should still be there. You can check the remote folder (next to the local folder where SYNC.BIN was located) and they'll still be there. You need to wait for the game to download the data updates again, and then you'll be able to access of your saves. If you're getting no description available, you should still be able to go into them once the data update has downloaded and their descriptions will be updated.

It is very important you wait for the data update to complete. I don't know exactly how many megabytes it is, but once it finishes downloading your saves should be accessible again.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby intruda on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:19 am

Thought it was just me and eggie but steam has a 300 post thread about the issue.

Found a quick fix. Reading through the comments 1 guy had to recreate his myplayer or something. Just a heads up. Use at your own risk.

Originally posted by whitechocolate MKD:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... x_pc_only/

Submitted an hour ago by daddyshelton

I've found a solution for PC copies of 16 crashing on launch. It's PC only, so my condolences for the console brothers. I hope 2K/VC gets on it soon.
As for the PC users, follow these directions.
Go to your Steam directory (usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam)
Go to the userdata folder.
Go into the folder in there. It looks like a string of numbers, but it should be the only folder in there.
(THIS IS IMPORTANT) Go into the 370240 folder. These number strings tie to different games. 370240 is 2K16. Don't go into any other folder.
Go into the "local" folder.
Delete SYNC.BIN.
Go into Steam, boot up 2K16, allow the game a few minutes to update, and it's good to go.
The key issue for this bug is the latest update seems to have de-synced everyone with the server and no one can connect. Deleting the sync binary will force 2K16 to re-download your data from 2K servers. All your data should still be there, and you can close and reboot the game without having to repeat this process.
intruda

Postby intruda on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Leftos wrote:intruda, reposting from the other thread:

If you're crashing on the title screen after having booted the game between approximately 8AM and 10.30AM PST, you'll want to delete your SYNC.BIN file:

1. Go to your Steam directory (usually C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam)
2. Go to the userdata folder.
3. Go into the folder in there. It looks like a string of numbers, but it should be the only folder in there.
4. Go into the 370240 folder. These number strings tie to different games. 370240 is NBA 2K16. Don't go into any other folder.
5. Go into the "local" folder.
6. Delete SYNC.BIN.
7. Go into Steam, boot up 2K16, allow the game a few minutes to update, and it's good to go. If you get a “Please wait, retrieving data from 2K Sports Server” prompt, do NOT cancel it. Let it finish downloading the latest data.

Your saves should still be there. You can check the remote folder (next to the local folder where SYNC.BIN was located) and they'll still be there. You need to wait for the game to download the data updates again, and then you'll be able to access of your saves. If you're getting no description available, you should still be able to go into them once the data update has downloaded and their descriptions will be updated.

It is very important you wait for the data update to complete. I don't know exactly how many megabytes it is, but once it finishes downloading your saves should be accessible again.

I let mine go for about 1/2 hour before I canceled it. The file is at least 1gb(rougly 920mb) plus whatever else it needs to download. I backup my old file which just crashes to desktop but I took note of the file size. Have a 50mb dl speed connection and no issues outside of that file.

Luckily Im offline myleague player and really dont care about vc/myplayer etc... but not being able to connect online for updates/rosters and my sliders is my current issue. Leftos by chance a fix for this comes up let me know. Might reinstall tonight and see if that helps.
intruda

Postby eko718 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:50 pm

I am also still experiencing commentary cut-out after the patch.
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby Smaug on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Is CE finally dead with the latest patch,so i can finally play MyTeam without no worries that other guy will use CE to quit the game and i get the lost??? Does anybody know? Did 2k finally patched CE,or atleast made the gameharder to decode??
Smaug

Postby Infamouz on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:15 pm

@Leftos, Sir good evening, I just tried all the possible things to do, in order for me to save my controller settings for non keyboard and xbox controller. I'm using PS3 controller and it's working, the thing is i can't save my bindings. I deleted all settings, controller folder and the result is the same. Can you please help me on how to fix this issue? before applying patch my controller works flawlessly and I am able to save my controller settings. Only the keyboard bindings are save but not with my PS3 controller.
Infamouz

Postby dwuu on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:45 am

i have the same issue, windwos 10, xbox 360 controller, and i cant save my settings. i tried the delete controller thing that u posted but the issue remains. every time i change the controls "do u wanna save" "YES" ... "saving" .... and instant it goes back to the standard controls ....
dwuu

Postby Westwindization on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:31 am

i cant save my controller settings . i tried the delete controller thing that u posted but the issue remains. +1
What's the workaround or solution to this?
Westwindization

Postby Lagoa on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 am

Leftos, @ OS Forum, Mike Wang says Patch 3 is finish this week...but only says for PS4 and Xbox One. This is for PC too?
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby intruda on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:22 am

All is well now since last night. Update required in game and now all my files are back.
intruda

Postby joosegoose on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 am

Lagoa wrote:Leftos, @ OS Forum, Mike Wang says Patch 3 is finish this week...but only says for PS4 and Xbox One. This is for PC too?

Oh wow, this would be interesting. There is no cert process for Steam...is there a chance we get patch 3 by the end of this week? I would be so incredibly happy, I cannot wait to really dig into MyLeague.
joosegoose

Postby rastapau22 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Ive been a Ninja on this site just looking getting Mods, Roster, etc. since NBA Live Days. I never posted here nor create an account. But with this kind of glitch (COMMENTARY BUG) forced me to voice out my frustration on this product. I was very patient every year for patches but i dont think that this is acceptable at all. I was very disappointed with this simple for some people but for me commentary is a very big deal in NBA. So please kindly please fix this issue and it shouldnt be an issue at the first place. Thank you and sorry for commenting.
rastapau22

Postby miki_92 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:07 pm

rastapau22 wrote:Hi Guys,

Ive been a Ninja on this site just looking getting Mods, Roster, etc. since NBA Live Days. I never posted here nor create an account. But with this kind of glitch (COMMENTARY BUG) forced me to voice out my frustration on this product. I was very patient every year for patches but i dont think that this is acceptable at all. I was very disappointed with this simple for some people but for me commentary is a very big deal in NBA. So please kindly please fix this issue and it shouldnt be an issue at the first place. Thank you and sorry for commenting.

make a good Spotify playlist and mute NBA, works wonders for me
miki_92

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:17 pm

rastapau22 wrote:Hi Guys,

Welcome to the Forum!

We're all very much aware of the issue, as are 2K. The previous patch was intended to resolve the issue, but clearly that fix hasn't worked for all users. At this stage, 2K are still working on it, and we're trying to pass along any feedback that might help them identify and resolve the problem.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:45 pm

miki_92 wrote:
rastapau22 wrote:...

I'd like to see full spotify/custom music integration in the future - sure you can play it over the game, but I'd like my songs to be played as arena music for example.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby initiald on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 am

Please make the next patch to fix sweating. I'm waiting to start myLeague because of this 12min sweating. Also if you can, add Tmac Adidas shoe. That would be a dream come true for me. :bowdown: :bowdown:
initiald

Postby srk1 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 pm

@Leftos

Is there any solution so far for changing controller configuration? I can not change controlls for my both joypads (xbox or usb generic), none of them want save controlls. Always change to defaults.
After this update i can change only keybord, but none of my joisticks. Is there any solution so far? Pls let me know :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
srk1

Postby jk31 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 am

- Addressed an issue where some users would notice commentary cutting out during gameplay.

Nope. Still the commentary goes away every game, every quarter!
jk31

Postby tomortlieb on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:03 am

Has there been any news on Patch #3?
tomortlieb

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:29 am

http://www.operationsports.com/news/862 ... -revealed/

No details on the PC patch and any PC specific fixes as yet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mig23zcyther on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Leftos wrote:We're still looking into the commentary cutting out. Even though it resolved the issue for some configurations (including my PC at home and PCs at work, which would have commentary cut out multiple times per game and doesn't cut out anymore post-patch), apparently it didn't fix it for everyone, so we're still investigating.

Sweat and fatigue, from what I understand, are issues that are fixed in the next cross-platform patch. Patch 2 for PC was delayed, but it wasn't going to include any Patch 3 changes.

We're also aware of the Xbox One controller specifically not having icons, and are looking to resolve it ASAP.

I'm quite confused Leftos. So basically the sweat and fatigue bug will be fixed on the next PC patch then? I thought it will be fixed on patch 2.
mig23zcyther

Postby miki_92 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Dommy73 wrote:
miki_92 wrote:
rastapau22 wrote:...

I'd like to see full spotify/custom music integration in the future - sure you can play it over the game, but I'd like my songs to be played as arena music for example.

great idea but the problem is that Spotify is unavaliable in many countries, so that's kind of a deal breaker
miki_92

Postby stickster12 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:01 pm

has anyone here successfully changed and saved their controller settings for joysticks?
stickster12

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16