Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby TJMcGOAT on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:51 am

Andrew, you forgot to add:
"MyPlayer will get double-teamed every time (every quarter) he steps over the halfcourt line to completely make pick-and-rolls and plays impossible to run"

I'm playing the game on PS4 as a 93 PG on Superstar and everyone of my pro-am mates no matter which position they play is reporting this issue.
I do not want to get too angry over this but still... IS ANYONE AT 2K TESTING THE GAME BEFORE THEY RELEASE A PATCH?! :furious:

Leftos, I would really apprechiate this to be fixed ASAP.
And if it won't, you know Chris Smoove is going to rip that patch anyway, which indeed would be a smoove move :cool:

Edit: If you want to see what I'm complaining about:
https://youtu.be/QPHaE59tqNo
TJMcGOAT

Postby RazberyBandit on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:52 am

I'm going to go ahead and act big-headed for a moment and take full credit for the new Home & Away jerseys in Pro-AM since that was my suggestion in the "Dear Devs" thread. :D

fjccommish wrote:Still no fix or explanation for missing play art. Plays just stop, there is no play art telling me what to do. I have to run around setting random picks until something happens.

Still haven't been able to play a game because of this.

What about the sixth bullet point under MyCareer/MyCourt where it says:
Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.

That sounds as though they've worked on the issue in Patch 3.
RazberyBandit

Postby tatlopuyo on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:06 am

PATRICK[game]97 wrote:Andrew, you forgot to add:
"MyPlayer will get double-teamed every time (every quarter) he steps over the halfcourt line to completely make pick-and-rolls and plays impossible to run"

I'm playing the game on PS4 as a 93 PG on Superstar and everyone of my pro-am mates no matter which position they play is reporting this issue.
I do not want to get too angry over this but still... IS ANYONE AT 2K TESTING THE GAME BEFORE THEY RELEASE A PATCH?! :furious:

Leftos, I would really apprechiate this to be fixed ASAP.
And if it won't, you know Chris Smoove is going to rip that patch anyway, which indeed would be a smoove move :cool:

Edit: If you want to see what I'm complaining about:
https://youtu.be/QPHaE59tqNo

I read a reply on operation sports about the double team on myplayer after the patch. It happens to those whose players are averaging godly numbers like 40+ points 15+ rebounds 15+ assists per game. Lol. I actually like what they did with that.
tatlopuyo

Postby TJMcGOAT on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:48 am

tatlopuyo wrote:I read a reply on operation sports about the double team on myplayer after the patch. It happens to those whose players are averaging godly numbers like 40+ points 15+ rebounds 15+ assists per game. Lol. I actually like what they did with that.

My Player is averaging 25pts 18ast 9reb on 10 minute quarters on Superstar. It's not like thats an unusual thing for myCareer Point-guards, isnt it?
I'm still getting the same numbers now after the patch, but scoring is reduced to backdoor-cuts-dunking. And that gets boring real quick. But thanks mentioning there's a Operation-Sports thread. (Y)
TJMcGOAT

Postby dwayne12345 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:45 am

PATRICK[game]97 wrote:
tatlopuyo wrote:I read a reply on operation sports about the double team on myplayer after the patch. It happens to those whose players are averaging godly numbers like 40+ points 15+ rebounds 15+ assists per game. Lol. I actually like what they did with that.

My Player is averaging 25pts 18ast 9reb on 10 minute quarters on Superstar. It's not like thats an unusual thing for myCareer Point-guards, isnt it?
I'm still getting the same numbers now after the patch, but scoring is reduced to backdoor-cuts-dunking. And that gets boring real quick. But thanks mentioning there's a Operation-Sports thread. (Y)

25ppg and 18apg? You're Usage Rating must be off the charge. It seems you're responsible for on average 61 of your teams points per game. That would make that person the greatest of all time...
dwayne12345

Postby Leftos on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 pm

We're working on PC-specific issues such as the commentary to try and get it fixed for all configurations, but as far as I know there shouldn't be any major delays in releasing the PC patch. I'll let you know when I have something more solid than that.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby joosegoose on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Leftos wrote:We're working on PC-specific issues such as the commentary to try and get it fixed for all configurations, but as far as I know there shouldn't be any major delays in releasing the PC patch. I'll let you know when I have something more solid than that.

Thanks for the update. The franchise and gameplay fixes already in place can't get here soon enough...if the PC-specific things have to come slightly later with a hotfix I don't think we'd mind :wink:
joosegoose

Postby Cromdar on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Leftos wrote:We're working on PC-specific issues such as the commentary to try and get it fixed for all configurations, but as far as I know there shouldn't be any major delays in releasing the PC patch. I'll let you know when I have something more solid than that.

Your comments about the patch are appreciated (Y)
Cromdar

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:39 pm

dwayne12345 wrote:I'm not aware of any PC specific issues still existing? My system is super average and I don't experience FPS drop or micro-stuttering after patch 2.

The issue with commentary still dropping out after Patch V2, and perhaps some of the random crashes that people have been reporting.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby tatlopuyo on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

PATRICK[game]97 wrote:

I think those double teams adds a bit of realism to the game. Coz for example im the coach of the other team that is playing against a player like that then i will probably do that too. Actually i wont even let you touch the ball. Lol.
tatlopuyo

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 pm

If we want realism out of our basketball video games, then it's fair to expect defenses to throw everything they've got at a point guard (or anyone, really) who's averaging 25 points, 18 assists, and 9 rebounds per game. That's not to say it's implemented perfectly and that there's no room for improvement/tweaks, but if you're tearing up the league like that, it's fair enough that CPU opponents are trying to slow you down.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:50 pm

"That sounds as though they've worked on the issue in Patch 3."

Someone else pointed out that bullet point. I asked if it was addressed for modes other than Mycareer. The problem is also in Play Now and Myleague, if player lock is used.
fjccommish

Postby ppedro123 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:21 am

Release date for Xbox One???
ppedro123

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:09 am

Whenever Microsoft approves it. It's usually anywhere from 7-14 days after it's been submitted, and it was submitted last week.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ppedro123 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:59 am

So

Did they fix CPU's pick and roll defense??
ppedro123

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Check the first post for all the notes for Patch V3.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm

It's like pulling teeth.

The notes mention "Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER." It's under MyCareer. But what about other modes? The issue with PlayVision exists in every mode. If you're locked to a player, you need to know what to do off the ball. The same issue exists in Play Now and MyLeague, if you're locked as one player on the floor.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 pm

I was responding to ppedro123 there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:41 am

Yes, I know. But in general, that list doesn't contain all the answers to questions people are asking. It doesn't answer the question I asked, for example.

Note the few messages about the question I asked.

Me: "Playvision isn't addressed."
Someone: "It's in the list."
Me: "Thanks for pointing out it's in the list. But it shows it's on;y for Mycareer. What about in other modes?"
Someone Else: "That was already answered. It's in the list."
Me: "Yes, but it specifically states only for Mycareer. I was curious about other modes."
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 am

Any further clarification would have to be provided by a developer, either here, on OS, or on social media.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:54 am

Crossing my fingers Patch 3 is released for PC before end of the week. It looks like this patch could potentially fix the few annoyances I and many others have with the game. For those who have the PS4, did you see a big difference with the protected shot not happening as frequent?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby nextnba on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:32 pm

OMG..we are still waiting..this is taking forever man!!!!!!!
nextnba

Postby benji on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 am

A patch of some kind is out, 257MB. Restart Steam if not getting it.
benji

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:11 am

benji wrote:A patch of some kind is out, 257MB. Restart Steam if not getting it.

Im at work for the next 5 hours. If this is indeed a patch (Maybe patch 3? I would expect a bigger size), can you post your findings?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:41 am

It's Patch 3.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16