Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V2)

Postby lidz28 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:21 am

Leftos, man i hope they bring back the free cam angle in replay its gone after the patch thanks!! (Y)
lidz28

Postby Lagoa on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:12 am

Yeap, confirmed, no more free cam angle on replays after patch. =(
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby TBM on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:15 am

What is free cam angle?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:35 am

I had a chat with some gaming people, they know a thing or two about systems. From what they have said, I shouldn't have any problems running 2k16 maxed out. Yet, if the shader setting is set to ultra, I get heavy fps drops. Other than that, I get some fps drops when the shader is set to high(everything else maxed out), when the camera switches from the gameplay camera, to after basket camera cuts. I get slow-mo movement for the first 1-2 seconds when the camera switches. I also see a fps difference when a player is shooting FT at the line.

I would really like to know if the problem is on 2k's ends or if my system is outdated. Leftos, if you would kindly reply me, I would really appreciate it.
Currently I am planning on changing my CPU just for the sake of 2k16, but if it's not necessary, I would keep the money and buy a better CPU later on.

Here is my dxdiag.

Thnks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Leftos on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:I had a chat with some gaming people, they know a thing or two about systems. From what they have said, I shouldn't have any problems running 2k16 maxed out. Yet, if the shader setting is set to ultra, I get heavy fps drops. Other than that, I get some fps drops when the shader is set to high(everything else maxed out), when the camera switches from the gameplay camera, to after basket camera cuts. I get slow-mo movement for the first 1-2 seconds when the camera switches. I also see a fps difference when a player is shooting FT at the line.

I would really like to know if the problem is on 2k's ends or if my system is outdated. Leftos, if you would kindly reply me, I would really appreciate it.
Currently I am planning on changing my CPU just for the sake of 2k16, but if it's not necessary, I would keep the money and buy a better CPU later on.

Here is my dxdiag.

Thnks in advance.

The Ultra shader setting uses the shader that's normally only used during replays (that provides the highest fidelity and the most details) at all times, and it's very costly. It's only included as an option for enthusiast systems, and your i5 and 760 might not be up to par for that. The High shader setting should be just fine. The drops are most probably due to the shader quality switching for the after basket cut. If you record a video of the slow-mo movement that you mention I'll pass it on.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby senhorxxx on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 pm

I hope 2K team make the adjustment required in this topic in the next patch.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... fense.html

Really necessary.
senhorxxx

Postby ZiGGeN on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Hey Leftos... can you address half time highlights and jordan player of the game replays. It basically shows just the end of the play where players are running away from the rim after making a shot or what not.
ZiGGeN

Postby diamenz on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:03 pm

ZiGGeN wrote:Hey Leftos... can you address half time highlights and jordan player of the game replays. It basically shows just the end of the play where players are running away from the rim after making a shot or what not.

ya i get this too.
diamenz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info Leftos. I will try to record a video

Edit: It seems like there is no point in recording a video. If I want the video quality to be high, the recording software takes a way 10 fps per seconds in comparison to the fps I get when I am not recording, so this isn't very accurate. I want to help you and myself, so I took notes of fps values in different parts of the game. Maybe this can help

Pre-game show while camera focuses on ernie,shaq and Kenny and it's zoomed out, getting closer and closer : ~50fps + a little bit of stuttering
Team stats during the pre-game show ~55 fps
Pre-game show after team stats (when camera is zoomed on ernie,shaq or Kenny ) 60 fps constantly.
As you can see, there is a difference depending on the camera zoom in the pre-game show. This zoom thing happens in game too, but I will talk about it later.

At the start of the game, when the startup lines head to the center of the court 35-45 fps.
Tip-off ball between 30 and 40 fps.
After someone has won the ball, the game runs in 60 fps. The moment the PG crosses the court, the fps drops to 50-55. This happens every possession. 60 fps before the PG crosses the center of the court, 50-55 after that.
If you attempt a pass from one part of the court, to the other, the fps is constantly between 45 - 50 fps.
If you are in transition and everybody is sprinting down the court, I get anywhere between 40-50 fps

After the hometeam makes the first basket and there is a shot with the crowd sitting down, the fps drops drastically to 30. Any big crowd shots runs in 30 fps actually.

Next, I wrote down the FPS during after camera shots and FT shots. There is a big fps difference, depending on the shot being zoomed out(you can see the player from the feet up to the head), or zoomed in on the player(camera shots showing player's face, from the torso up)
After basket camera cuts/after TO camera cuts/ After foul camera cuts : Zoomed in on the player 50-55 fps ........ zoomed out 30-35 + stuttering the first seconds the camera switches perspectives.
When a player goes to the FT line : Zoomed in shots 50-60 fps..........zoomed out 30-40 fps
Timeouts : zoomed in 50-55 fps.........zoomed out 35-50 fps

My settings for the game are : Everything maxed out, just the shader quality is set to high and Dynamic V-sync is off. Resolution 1680 x 1050, 60 refresh rate, fullscreen mode, Letterbox is set to off. You have my dxdiag in the other comment.

I hope this helps you. Sorry I can't record a video, but I consider the fact that it would not help you guys after I saw the quality. Good luck (Y)

Double edit: It seems like only some arenas have those big fps problems ( Exemple : Thunder, Pelicans, Rockets). I haven't tried all the arenas since the last patch, but I see I get +3-5 fps in Bulls' or Wolves' arenas for the gameplay parts; the camera cuts problems(on the crowd, FT, after basket camera cuts) are still there.If my report is worth something, I will start a game in every arena and tell you guys if the fps are better or worse. I won't do it though if my report is useless the way it is.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 pm

miki_92 wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:
miki_92 wrote:
rastapau22 wrote:...

make a good Spotify playlist and mute NBA, works wonders for me

I'd like to see full spotify/custom music integration in the future - sure you can play it over the game, but I'd like my songs to be played as arena music for example.

great idea but the problem is that Spotify is unavaliable in many countries, so that's kind of a deal breaker

That's why I added custom music there - if you know how GTA (on PC anyway) works.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:22 am

For those of you having trouble saving your controller settings, can you tell me the make and model of your controller and zip up the contents of %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16 and post them here as an attachment or send them to me via PM (preferred) so we can investigate? We haven't been able to reproduce this in-house.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby srk1 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Leftos wrote:For those of you having trouble saving your controller settings, can you tell me the make and model of your controller and zip up the contents of %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16 and post them here as an attachment or send them to me via PM (preferred) so we can investigate? We haven't been able to reproduce this in-house.

Dear Leftos,

in attachment is my appdata folder of nba2k16. Before update 2 of the game my both controllers worked fine with customized controls. After that update my controlls are roll back to default and cannot change them. I have xbox windows wired controller and usb generic controller and none of them want save my button configuration. I have win 10, and i had in my win user non latin caracter and i didn't have controller folder at all in appdata. I change to have all latin caracter and controller folder appeared after that change but i still can't change controls. I write a ticket to 2k support but thay didn't answer me for 6 days. Hope I will get some anwser or solution.

Tnx in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
srk1

Postby seanjohn2525 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:38 pm

srk1 wrote:
Leftos wrote:For those of you having trouble saving your controller settings, can you tell me the make and model of your controller and zip up the contents of %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16 and post them here as an attachment or send them to me via PM (preferred) so we can investigate? We haven't been able to reproduce this in-house.

Dear Leftos,

in attachment is my appdata folder of nba2k16. Before update 2 of the game my both controllers worked fine with customized controls. After that update my controlls are roll back to default and cannot change them. I have xbox windows wired controller and usb generic controller and none of them want save my button configuration. I have win 10, and i had in my win user non latin caracter and i didn't have controller folder at all in appdata. I change to have all latin caracter and controller folder appeared after that change but i still can't change controls. I write a ticket to 2k support but thay didn't answer me for 6 days. Hope I will get some anwser or solution.

Tnx in advance

this trick help me i dont know if it will work for you too....
you should have 2 nba 2k16 folder 1 without patch then 1 with patched
then play the one that not patch and save your controller settings there and then try to play the patched one see if the controller settings have been saved... (Y) (Y)
seanjohn2525

Postby joosegoose on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:50 am

PS4 already has Patch 3...were there unexpected complications with PC again?
joosegoose

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:57 am

joosegoose wrote:PS4 already has Patch 3...were there unexpected complications with PC again?

I am very surprised PS4 got the patch one day after the devs post it for verification. The whole process usually takes 1-2 weeks. I don't know if the patch for XBOX One and PC will come the following days, but as long as it doesn't get past 2 weeks, I recommend you to be patient, buddy.
I Hate Mondays

Postby joosegoose on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:22 am

I hate Mondays wrote:
joosegoose wrote:PS4 already has Patch 3...were there unexpected complications with PC again?

I am very surprised PS4 got the patch one day after the devs post it for verification. The whole process usually takes 1-2 weeks. I don't know if the patch for XBOX One and PC will come the following days, but as long as it doesn't get past 2 weeks, I recommend you to be patient, buddy.

After the last patch, I think it's kind of implied that we can all be patient. :)

You mention the whole process taking 1-2 weeks, but I was not aware of such a process for Steam. In fact I think there are even less barriers in place for a patch than for Sony/PS4. Is there something I'm missing? Can't think of any reason we would get the patch later than PS4 unless there were complications like last time.
joosegoose

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V3)

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:44 am

First post has been updated with the patch notes.

joosegoose wrote:You mention the whole process taking 1-2 weeks, but I was not aware of such a process for Steam. In fact I think there are even less barriers in place for a patch than for Sony/PS4. Is there something I'm missing? Can't think of any reason we would get the patch later than PS4 unless there were complications like last time.

Correct, approval isn't an issue with Steam. It comes down to them being able to get the fixes developed for the PC-specific issues, which have the added challenge of not everyone having the same hardware.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby joosegoose on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Andrew wrote:First post has been updated with the patch notes.

joosegoose wrote:You mention the whole process taking 1-2 weeks, but I was not aware of such a process for Steam. In fact I think there are even less barriers in place for a patch than for Sony/PS4. Is there something I'm missing? Can't think of any reason we would get the patch later than PS4 unless there were complications like last time.

Correct, approval isn't an issue with Steam. It comes down to them being able to get the fixes developed for the PC-specific issues, which have the added challenge of not everyone having the same hardware.

Good point. I guess what I don't understand is why the cross-platform gameplay stuff and the PC-specific performance/bug fixes have to be in the same patch. In addition to no verification process, I'm not aware of any charge that Steam incurs for patches. Why don't they just release the cross-platform fixes at the same time for all platforms, and platform-specific fixes on whatever timeline they wish? I'm asking to anyone in general that knows more about the dev process than I do.
joosegoose

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:23 pm

My guess is that they don't have to be included, but if they weren't, there'd still be a fuss. I personally wouldn't mind if the cross-platform patch came through with the clarification "We're still working on addressing some PC-specific stuff, that'll come through as a smaller hotfix, in the meantime here are all the other fixes", but I can guarantee that there'd be plenty of other people who wouldn't be satisfied with that ("You said it would be fixed in Patch #3! Liars!").
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Still no fix or explanation for missing play art. Plays just stop, there is no play art telling me what to do. I have to run around setting random picks until something happens.

Still haven't been able to play a game because of this.
fjccommish

Postby MaxMBox on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:32 am

fjccommish wrote:Still no fix or explanation for missing play art. Plays just stop, there is no play art telling me what to do. I have to run around setting random picks until something happens.

Still haven't been able to play a game because of this.

Doesn't
Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
mean that? Anyway there are too many sweet fixes in this patch :applaud: Let's hope that it will not take much time to release it for PC
MaxMBox

Postby tatlopuyo on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:45 am

Thanks for finally fixing the sweat and stamina bug. And im seeing highlights now in 12 minute quarters. Game so far is better than before so i like the new patch overall although the animation during freethrow is gone and so as the player interviews before the 2nd quarter.
tatlopuyo

Postby fjccommish on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 am

"Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER."

Is that in all modes, including MyLeague and Play Now? It's necessary whenever player lock is used.

BTW, thanks for pointing out it was in there. I didn't see it.
fjccommish

Postby Lagoa on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:53 am

tatlopuyo wrote:Thanks for finally fixing the sweat and stamina bug. And im seeing highlights now in 12 minute quarters. Game so far is better than before so i like the new patch overall although the animation during freethrow is gone and so as the player interviews before the 2nd quarter.

Wowwwwwwww, amazing....PC Patch release date Leftos?????
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby dwayne12345 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Andrew wrote:My guess is that they don't have to be included, but if they weren't, there'd still be a fuss. I personally wouldn't mind if the cross-platform patch came through with the clarification "We're still working on addressing some PC-specific stuff, that'll come through as a smaller hotfix, in the meantime here are all the other fixes", but I can guarantee that there'd be plenty of other people who wouldn't be satisfied with that ("You said it would be fixed in Patch #3! Liars!").

I'm not aware of any PC specific issues still existing? My system is super average and I don't experience FPS drop or micro-stuttering after patch 2.

The thing is as it stands the mode MyGM is unplayable thanks to not having proper contract values causing every team in the league to have ridiculous cap space after 2 or 3 seasons.

I would imagine game breaking little tuning things like that getting pushed out wouldn't cause any uproar...
dwayne12345

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16