Slider Set

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Slider Set

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Just wanna share my tweet that will show you all my slider sets. Change everything the same for both user and cpu and play it on all-star. If you want more foul calls, you can turn that up from default 50 but I'm ok with keeping it at 50. I've had a few people tweet at me telling me that my sliders make the game more fun. For me, it's about getting sim like stats. Anyway, link the tweet is below. Let me know if any of you try it and if you like it or not. Thanks!

http://twitter.com/izzysnowhd/status/658703861994160128
Izzy Snow

Re: Slider Set

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:21 am

Awesome man, I'll give them a shot and let you know how I go. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Andrew wrote:Awesome man, I'll give them a shot and let you know how I go. (Y)

Right on. Let me know if you have any suggestions on tweaking it.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:19 am

Will do. Incidentally, that's 12 minute quarters, right?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Andrew wrote:Will do. Incidentally, that's 12 minute quarters, right?

Yessir or at the minimum, 10 minute qtrs.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 am

Excellent, I'll keep you posted.

Oh, Accelerated Clock, On or Off?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 am

Andrew wrote:Excellent, I'll keep you posted.

Oh, Accelerated Clock, On or Off?

I'm crazy. I keep it off.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:22 am

Hey, no judgement here! ;)

Just wanted to make sure I've got all the right settings to properly test them out. I'll probably give them a shot with the option on and off, just to see how it goes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Gave them a shot on All-Star, 12 minute quarters, no Accelerated Clock, Thunder vs Clippers. Shooting percentages turned out to be a bit high, especially for the CPU who seemed to nail every contested jumpshot. The Clippers blew me out for much of the game (and ended up winning by 18), shooting 57% from the field and seemingly nailing every contested jumpshot. In the second and third quarter, they shot over 60%. Some of that was my fault as I made some defensive errors, but I might try lowering their shooting sliders as well. Chris Paul had around 40 points on over 75% shooting, and I was definitely getting a hand in his face a lot of the time. Of course, it's not completely unrealistic that that would happen from time to time, with a player like CP3 and a team like the Clippers.

While I ended up shooting 50% for the game, a lot of that was thanks to taking the ball inside down the stretch, in a furious attempt to rally, and getting some dunks on the fast break after steals. I found I was clanging a lot of wide open shots with good releases, so I might try bumping some of the jumpshot sliders up again, but keeping the inside scoring down. Some further testing is required, and I might need to make some further tweaks for my own personal use, but they're definitely a good starting point, gives me something to work from. (Y)

We really need a game speed slider.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:53 am

Andrew wrote:Gave them a shot on All-Star, 12 minute quarters, no Accelerated Clock, Thunder vs Clippers. Shooting percentages turned out to be a bit high, especially for the CPU who seemed to nail every contested jumpshot. The Clippers blew me out for much of the game (and ended up winning by 18), shooting 57% from the field and seemingly nailing every contested jumpshot. In the second and third quarter, they shot over 60%. Some of that was my fault as I made some defensive errors, but I might try lowering their shooting sliders as well. Chris Paul had around 40 points on over 75% shooting, and I was definitely getting a hand in his face a lot of the time. Of course, it's not completely unrealistic that that would happen from time to time, with a player like CP3 and a team like the Clippers.

While I ended up shooting 50% for the game, a lot of that was thanks to taking the ball inside down the stretch, in a furious attempt to rally, and getting some dunks on the fast break after steals. I found I was clanging a lot of wide open shots with good releases, so I might try bumping some of the jumpshot sliders up again, but keeping the inside scoring down. Some further testing is required, and I might need to make some further tweaks for my own personal use, but they're definitely a good starting point, gives me something to work from. (Y)

We really need a game speed slider.

Hmm that's interesting. Most games I've played I've kept the CPU under 50%. I assume you put your arms up when you play on ball defense. I always do. I saw someone else from the Gaming Tailgate put a slider set. Actually, I skimmed through it and noticed they put jostling down to ZERO and supposedly this turns down players blowing by a defender. Gonna give that a shot soon. But thanks for trying out the sliders. I guess everyone has their taste or setting. I'm ok with the shooting but again, I'm definitely gonna try turning jostling to ZERO.

Listened to episode 132 of your podcast this morning and I'm listening to 133 now. I'm at the very least listening to the gaming portion of it : D
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 am

The percentages could've been skewed a bit by some of my defensive errors. As I said, at the very least it's given me something to work from, and further testing on my part is probably required. It's hard to devise a slider set that'll work for absolutely everybody, after all!

Good to hear man, hope you enjoy the shows!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16