Is it just me or that there are significantly less patches/mods for NBA 2k15...

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Is it just me or that there are significantly less patches/mods for NBA 2k15...

Postby Kiddlovesnets on Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 pm

as compared to NBA 2k14? Only 96 total topics in NBA 2k15 Releases/Patches forum, which make up for merely 2 pages. The counterpart for NBA 2K14 has 669 topics and 14 pages, almost 7 times as much. I dont know why this is happening.

Maybe NBA2K15 is not a nice game so the developers lose interests? But I thought it should at least be good enough, though might not be excellent. The people aint buying the idea of next gen graphics and the new GM mode? Even if this is true, I still doubt poor quality of the game is a perfect explanation for such phenomenon. After all, NBA Live 08, the worst Basketball video game ever produced by any companies in the world, had a lot of patches/mods.

Or may it be that the game's engine has changed drastically and making patches become much more difficult than previous games? It can be a possibility too, just as what happened to EA's FIFA 12 which had since then been increasingly difficult to patch as compared to FIFA 11 and earlier versions.

Or perhaps the game on itself is good enough and no need any patches? This doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

So why does NBA 2K15 has too few available patches/mods as compared to NBA 2K14 and earlier versions? Does anyone know about this?
Kiddlovesnets

Re: Is it just me or that there are significantly less patches/mods for NBA 2k15...

Postby Kevin on Tue May 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Because the game is ABOUT perfect but also:

The other patchers can't afford to buy a new rig to run 2k15 smoothly.
Importing/exporting is a pain in the ass.
Mess up once and you'll end up redownloading the whole game again.
etc.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Is it just me or that there are significantly less patches/mods for NBA 2k15...

Postby Andrew on Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 am

I'd suggest that the need to create all-new tools and the difficulty in working with NBA 2K15's files compared to the past few years is the main factor. We also can't externally edit roster files, or distribute them in the traditional manner.

Incidentally, this issue has been discussed at length since the game's release, so there's not much of a mystery here.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed May 13, 2015 2:25 am

Jao leaving NLSC is also a big factor.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Return to NBA 2K15