Game speed keeps changing..what is going on?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Game speed keeps changing..what is going on?

Postby nextnba on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am

Can someone help me figure out what is going on here. The speed of the game keeps changing. I play at 47 for gameplay, player speed and quickness. Sometimes it runs fine and other times it feels so fast, the players are flying around like bullets. I even decrease user and cpu speed and quickness to 40 and they are still flying around so fast. What is going on here? Is it the graphic card, my CPU? I don't get why sometimes, it slows down and other times, it goes so fast. The inconsistency is so annoying.
nextnba

Re: Game speed keeps changing..what is going on?

Postby deihatein on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:11 pm

I noticed this too.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby kAmilli LakeShow on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:42 am

If your gameplay is below 60 fps consistently the game will be running slightly better and slightly worse througout based on different factors like lightning, crowd, etc. So, for example when the crowd gets hype and we are playing well, for my PC personally, it feels like my team is freaking flying and it actually adds to the experience, haha.
kAmilli LakeShow

Postby nextnba on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 pm

It doesn't just happen periodically during a game and it doesn't seem to be based on fps. Yesterday, I played it at 47 speed and quickness. Today, when I load it, for whatever reasons, the speed is just very quick and I had to decrease speed/quickness to 40 to get it to play the same as yesterday. Sometimes, when the game loads up, the speed/quickness of the players just seems slower so I have to increase speed to 47 and then some days, the speed is really fast and I have to decrease it to 40. My game is not stuttering either. It feels as though sometimes speed/quickness and slider is broken and the players are just flying around really fast and then other times it seems that speed/quickness and slider is working and it slows down. I hate it! When it's fast, I can just run around and drive pass CPU at will. There is no defense played at all and my centers runs like their speed is 80 or 90.
nextnba

Postby Philip00 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:59 pm

I've noticed this too it's very annoyng, it's destroying the game!! Has anybody other noticed this too? Anybody know the solution?
Philip00

Postby nip83 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:47 am

Wanna hear something crazy? I've noticed patterns of changing game speed in regards to the time of day. I made a little experiment keeping all other factors on my pc the same(e.g i made sure that virus scans or defragmentation tasks are not being run during the night).
I have turned off energy consumption programs on my graphics card(ati powerplay) cause sometimes it used to underclock the GPU after a hibernation period.I also monitor my graphics card performance and temperature via GPU-z and haven't noticed anything crazy.I would expect temperatures to get even higher than 60-65 C but this is not the case.

-If i fire the game between the morning hours and noun ,gamespeed is at a normal level as being set.During the morning the game is running at it's smoothest.

-Between noun and afternoun hours game speed is slower than it should.

-During the evening and before 1 am game speed is usually at a slow or very slow level.

-From 1 am to 6 am the game speeds up for no apparent reason(yes guys i've pulled an allnighter more than once).This is the time that also microstuttering is at it's worse.

All the above have been observed for more than one days and the cycle is close to religiously consistent.The game speed is always set at the same value(45).

-In general stuttering is bad at the first 10 to 20 minutes of gameplay(not in game screens but actual gameplay) it gets to a sweet spot where everything runs smooth and after a large chunk of time(e.g. 1 or 1 1/2 hour) i start to experience sped up animations.

I think i'm going crazy. :shock:
nip83

Postby lawyersenan on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:09 am

nip83 wrote:Wanna hear something crazy? I've noticed patterns of changing game speed in regards to the time of day. I made a little experiment keeping all other factors on my pc the same(e.g i made sure that virus scans or defragmentation tasks are not being run during the night).
I have turned off energy consumption programs on my graphics card(ati powerplay) cause sometimes it used to underclock the GPU after a hibernation period.I also monitor my graphics card performance and temperature via GPU-z and haven't noticed anything crazy.I would expect temperatures to get even higher than 60-65 C but this is not the case.

-If i fire the game between the morning hours and noun ,gamespeed is at a normal level as being set.During the morning the game is running at it's smoothest.

-Between noun and afternoun hours game speed is slower than it should.

-During the evening and before 1 am game speed is usually at a slow or very slow level.

-From 1 am to 6 am the game speeds up for no apparent reason(yes guys i've pulled an allnighter more than once).This is the time that also microstuttering is at it's worse.

All the above have been observed for more than one days and the cycle is close to religiously consistent.The game speed is always set at the same value(45).

-In general stuttering is bad at the first 10 to 20 minutes of gameplay(not in game screens but actual gameplay) it gets to a sweet spot where everything runs smooth and after a large chunk of time(e.g. 1 or 1 1/2 hour) i start to experience sped up animations.

I think i'm going crazy. :shock:

i noticed the same man... i was afraid to say that, because people would think i am crazy... but thats exactly what i experimented...
lawyersenan

Postby nip83 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:13 am

Welcome to the tin foil hat club . :lol:
nip83

Postby nextnba on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:04 pm

The same thing happening to me too! When I first load up the game, the first game stutters a bit at the beginning of game play. But after I finish one game and go to the 2nd game, no stutters at all but the speed becomes so fast that I have to decrease speed and quickness to 40 to match my first game, which was originally 47!
nextnba

Postby fouryearpuma on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Skipped 2k14 and just dl'd 2k15 from steam. Haven't played a second yet but I really hope I don't notice this! :0
fouryearpuma

Postby nextnba on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:23 am

I can't figured it out. Was playing a few games on speed and quickness at 40 and it was fine and then it just became very slow so I had to change it to 47. I still don't know why it keeps changing. Sometimes it's slow and then it's fast and then it's slow.
nextnba

Postby Philip00 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 am

For me usually very fast, and it's very annoying, 2k knows about this?
Philip00

Postby nextnba on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:04 pm

I have to decrease gameplay to 47 and speed and quickness to 40 because it's too fast for me. If you search 2k15 slider on youtube, the first video that comes up is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLbym7NGiE

This guy has quickness to "5" and speed to "30"! lol

I don't know if 2k knows. I play it on a ps4 and it's actually very slow or maybe it just seem so slow because I'm used to it being so fast on my PC.
nextnba

Postby Philip00 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 pm

I thnik this problem only in PC, i hope 2K knows about this becasue it destroy gameplay, has anyone found the solution about this yet?
Philip00

Postby senhorxxx on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 am

I did not notice anything like that, but played little.
These problems occorrem which game mode??
my player, franchise, quick game, online, offline ??
senhorxxx

Postby Philip00 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 am

senhorxxx wrote:I did not notice anything like that, but played little.

In all game mode happend this. For example i set one slider set and the gameplay is fine. thne next time i feel like gameplay is superfast despite the number in the option is same. It destroy feeling:(((
Philip00

Postby senhorxxx on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:59 am

Philip00 wrote:

In all game mode happend this. For example i set one slider set and the gameplay is fine. thne next time i feel like gameplay is superfast despite the number in the option is same. It destroy feeling:(((

questions:

which your graphics card ??
which driver ??
which operating system ?? original or copy ??
senhorxxx

Postby Philip00 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 pm

senhorxxx wrote:
Philip00 wrote:

questions:

which your graphics card ??
which driver ??
which operating system ?? original or copy ??

Geforce gtx 660
driver 340.52
Windows 7 64 bit
Game: original
Philip00

Postby Philip00 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

I can't belive just i had this problem, it really bad sometimes fast sometimes slower the gameplay:((((
Pls somebody help it destroy all :((
Philip00

Postby nextnba on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:28 pm

I stopped playing cause this annoys me too much.
nextnba

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:34 am

This is one thing that has being bugging me with there updates.

I think I get the game sliders right then a couple of weeks later it feels like things have changed and I have to go back to the drawing board but the things you wish they would improve never do
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby nextnba on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Slider is broken. I set my slider to how I like it. It works great. Next time I play, the sliders are still set as how I like but the game play is different again. Its so annoying!
nextnba

Postby Shergie51 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 pm

I don't think it's a PC issue only. I play it on ps4 and this happens to me too. It's usually when I first load up and start playing. It feels like it takes a few games to go back to normal. I don't know anything about the time of day theory but I also noticed it happens every time I switch TVs (sometimes I plug up my ps4 to the 60" tv in my living room) and for me it's incredibly slow in the beginning.

When I first started playing the game I would have to put my game speed at like 75 just for it to be normal. When I was searching for sliders I didn't use any of them because people had speeds between like 40-48 and I was like how in the hell can they play at that slow ass pace. I just switched back to the tv in my room and all the sudden everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off even though its the same sliders and speed I have been using all season.

I have no clue but i wanted to chime in to let you know 1) you are not crazy lol and 2) it's not just happening on the PC version
Shergie51

Postby nip83 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Shergie51 wrote:I don't think it's a PC issue only. I play it on ps4 and this happens to me too. It's usually when I first load up and start playing. It feels like it takes a few games to go back to normal. I don't know anything about the time of day theory but I also noticed it happens every time I switch TVs (sometimes I plug up my ps4 to the 60" tv in my living room) and for me it's incredibly slow in the beginning.

When I first started playing the game I would have to put my game speed at like 75 just for it to be normal. When I was searching for sliders I didn't use any of them because people had speeds between like 40-48 and I was like how in the hell can they play at that slow ass pace. I just switched back to the tv in my room and all the sudden everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off even though its the same sliders and speed I have been using all season.

I have no clue but i wanted to chime in to let you know 1) you are not crazy lol and 2) it's not just happening on the PC version

I was thinking of buying a console because of the game speed issue, but i guess it's something hardcoded with the animations of the game.Btw the other day i was watching a youtube video of somebody (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuweRqtuL6M) running a fluid triangle offense and said to myself that my knicks my league triangle offense is a mess because of the speed issue.It's like watching players run either too slow(so a play never develops properly) or too fast (turnovers).For a game so dependent upon animations and timing ,to not have consistent game speed is a killer.
nip83

Postby Dommy73 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Just a thought... But do you have stable framerate?
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
https://www.twitch.tv/thepointforward

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Good at making people think he knows what he's talking about

Next

Return to NBA 2K15