Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Postby pistonnation on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:24 pm

I recently went to my local GameStop and asked the manager working the register if he knew NBA 2K15 on PC was going to be a NG port from the PS4 and X1. At first he said, "YES! It will be the exact same as the ps4 and x1 versions because the pc is the best graphically." (a game stop guy on the PCMasterRace...? Noice (Y) ) Then he asked ME if I was going to pre- order it on PC. I said, "I want to, but I need to make sure it is a NG port." Then he said, "It will be, because NBA 2k14 was on PC." I said, "Yes it was, but it was not a NG port. It was a 360/ps3 port". This shocked him, and he began looking up NBA 2K14 on PC and saw the graphics of it and said... "Oh." Then he said, "Well, I actually do not know if it will be or not, and I will keep an eye out for it, see if I can get any solid info." And that was that... So, in conclusion: PC is CONFIRMED, but from what version is it being ported to is unknown except by 2K Devs (Leftos). :roll: aka, everything we already know... :|
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation
pistonnation

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:36 pm

This hasn't been mentioned as far as I know, but I'm thinking if EA were not in the mix we probably would have heard more on 2K15 by now. I mean EA highjacked 2K's release date for goodness sakes. I'm sure 2K doesn't want them to try and steal anything else from them. If 2K starting making game mode/feature announcements in May, it would give EA enough time to add them for their game too. I could be wrong, but maybe not.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby JaoSming on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:04 pm

TBM wrote: Or how we have roster editors that make rosters far more accurate than the official ones? Maybe 2K should hire some modders. Just my two cents.

Yea, like Leftos said, that is exactly what happened with Bedwardsroy19 (Mike).

columbusbobby23 wrote: I mean EA highjacked 2K's release date for goodness sakes.

The games always release on the same day. Last year was weird with the PS4/X1 launches.

columbusbobby23 wrote:If 2K starting making game mode/feature announcements in May, it would give EA enough time to add them for their game too. I could be wrong, but maybe not.

This is the part where the marketing plays in, because when the two companies were constantly bickering for 2K10/Live 10, well, stuff like this happened. Live 09 announces DNA rosters, shortly after 2K9 announces Living Rosters. There are others too, but all minor stuff. Game modes don't spring up in a month or w.e
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

TBM wrote:Maybe I'm being a bit naive, but isn't it weird that someone like AmaroWade makes cyberfaces better than any single person at 2K?

I'm a fan of Amaro's work but there's a difference between editing someone's work or using someone's work as the base of your own work and doing your own work from scratch.

Just sayin'.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby chrissimao on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:02 am

I recently joined the NLSC Forum and this being by first comment i have to say i understand segasaturnboy's frustrations. My question is, what is the reason for 2K not officially announcing which port version is going to be on the PC? If they have no intentions of porting the NG version, a simple YES or NO on any Social media platform would suffice. This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. The longer the take to announce it the more its going to build unwanted speculation of a NG port coming to PC. 2K's silence is tremendously unnecessary.
chrissimao

Postby JBulls on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 am

Yeah, if they're not willing to give information about the pc version, at least tell people why. I would like to understand what is so significant from their marketing perspective that they're withholding this seemingly harmless piece of info. (You know, the whole "niche within a niche" thing). I would also like to know their motive(s) for continually releasing on PC.
JBulls

Postby erudain on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 am

chrissimao wrote:I recently joined the NLSC Forum and this being by first comment i have to say i understand segasaturnboy's frustrations. My question is, what is the reason for 2K not officially announcing which port version is going to be on the PC? If they have no intentions of porting the NG version, a simple YES or NO on any Social media platform would suffice. This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. The longer the take to announce it the more its going to build unwanted speculation of a NG port coming to PC. 2K's silence is tremendously unnecessary.

Why don't they confirm? because they´re 2K

erudain

Postby JaoSming on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 am

The optimist in me thinks that they haven't announced anything for PC because they would want to make a big fuss and hype up next gen coming to PC.

The experienced NLSC veteran in me knows that the PC is rarely ever mentioned before launch, missing features are usually found by people who have already bought the game, and they wont announce anything because if its last gen/watered down, that would be bad press during hype season.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby chrissimao on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:44 am

JaoSming wrote:The optimist in me thinks that they haven't announced anything for PC because they would want to make a big fuss and hype up next gen coming to PC.

The experienced NLSC veteran in me knows that the PC is rarely ever mentioned before launch, missing features are usually found by people who have already bought the game, and they wont announce anything because if its last gen/watered down, that would be bad press during hype season.

I agree...I'm more straying towards a last GEN port myself. But i think it still doesn't justify 2K's actions Jao. In previous years there was only one version of NBA 2K to be released so there was no need to announce anything. This year however is quite different. What stopped 2K from announcing the port version the same day the officially announced NBA2K15 was coming for PC.

Smh...i just don't know.
chrissimao

Postby JaoSming on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:39 am

they never officially announced it was coming to PC or anything, PC just shows up with preorder bonuses and alongside the consoles as a platform released on. Same with the Steam powered logo which has never been there before.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 am

JaoSming wrote:they never officially announced it was coming to PC or anything, PC just shows up with preorder bonuses and alongside the consoles as a platform released on. Same with the Steam powered logo which has never been there before.

That's true, let me ask you this Jao. When do you expect 2K to announce anything about the PC? Is there a chance we will find out on October 7th? Given their track record, that's not out of the realm of possibility. With you being part of this community for so long, I'm wondering about your thoughts on their timetable.

I'm thinking that if 2K does hook us up this year, I'm going to start an "Apology To 2K For Not Being Patient" thread. But if it's the other way around I'm going to be pretty upset that we weren't told months ago.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby seanbarkley on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am

LD2K @ Operation Sports a moment ago:

"Tune into our live broadcast in 30 minutes on twitch.tv/2K.

PC users will want to."

Good news or what??
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Postby Leftos on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

Maybe.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby seanbarkley on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 am

:cheeky:
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Postby ssp0929 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:04 am

I know its a long shot, but maybe this is the year we get the full on game. PS4/XBONE graphics and all the game modes that come with it.

Doubt it, but it could happen.
ssp0929

Postby Troyork on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 am

ssp0929 wrote:I know its a long shot, but maybe this is the year we get the full on game. PS4/XBONE graphics and all the game modes that come with it.

Well if they're doing a stream about it then it seems pretty certain (EDIT: referring the graphics, still skeptical about multiplayer modes).
Plus if I find out Leftos has been fooling in this thread the whole time and it's not next gen, something something I'll-act-like-a-tough-guy-on-the-internet something.
Last edited by Troyork on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troyork

Postby ssp0929 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am

Troyork wrote:
ssp0929 wrote:I know its a long shot, but maybe this is the year we get the full on game. PS4/XBONE graphics and all the game modes that come with it.

Well if they're doing a stream about it then it seems pretty certain.
Plus if I find out Leftos has been fooling in this thread the whole time and it's not next gen, something something empty threat something.

If its just another last gen port then I'll just wait for it to drop to $7 and buy it.
ssp0929

Postby buzzy on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:32 am

Leftos shoutout
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am

YEAH BOI.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buzzy on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 am

That MyLeague thing better be the shit.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Toaster on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 am

Such a tease! No PC morsels yet...
Toaster

Postby Troyork on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:01 am

Prediction: Next-Gen crew-equivalent will aspire to be the NBA version of Driveclub. Team leaderboards, rivals, etc...
Troyork

Postby ssp0929 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 am

PC news at the end of the game?
Either that or LD2K is trolling. >:(
ssp0929

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 am

LD2K stay trolling lol
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith