Bugs & Glitches Reporting Thread

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches Reporting Thread

Postby Kobe Bryant aka Black Mamba on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Bug description: Created players (and MyPlayer) have black textured skin models

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: MyCareer, MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Eyes and hair are normal, but the skin looks like a Ghanian beach guard.
Kobe Bryant aka Black Mamba

Postby Tha King on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Glitch description: On player highlight or player of the game highlights. After a dunk or a play, players teleport to the other side of the court.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC (i don't have other console)

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Do a highlight dunk or play make sure it is replay automaticall by the game. And watch the highlights you can see the players teleporting to the other side of the court, or even the player who do the highlight teleport to the defensive side.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Tha King wrote:Glitch description: On player highlight or player of the game highlights. After a dunk or a play, players teleport to the other side of the court.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Do a highlight dunk or play make sure it is replay automaticall by the game. And watch the highlights you can see the players teleporting to the other side of the court, or even the player who do the highlight teleport to the defensive side.

I think that's intentional, to have players already set up after spending few seconds in replay. You know, like in a real tv broadcast.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby ratedbananas on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Bug description: Game Crashes after nba 2k15 logo splash

Game Mode: None the game wont launch

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:i met the recomended system i dont know why its crashes
ratedbananas

Postby Tha King on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:02 am

Bug description: 8 Seconds Violation continued

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:Tight defense on the ball handler from the other side of the court don't let him get away for 7 seconds and let him pass and intercept the pass. When the inbounder pass the ball the counting of 8 seconds will continue so if the player don't pass the ball instantly the refs will call 8 seconds. It happen to me 1 time, and it's hard to duplicate it. I will confirm if it happen again.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:16 am

Tha King wrote:Bug description: 8 Seconds Violation continued

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:Tight defense on the ball handler from the other side of the court don't let him get away for 7 seconds and let him pass and intercept the pass. When the inbounder pass the ball the counting of 8 seconds will continue so if the player don't pass the ball instantly the refs will call 8 seconds. It happen to me 1 time, and it's hard to duplicate it. I will confirm if it happen again.

Isn't that by the rules?
Section IX-Eight-Second Rule
A team shall not be in continuous possession of a ball which is in its backcourt for more than 8 consecutive seconds.
EXCEPTION (1): A new 8 seconds is awarded if the defense: (1) kicks or punches the ball, (2) is assessed a technical foul, or (3) is issued a delay of game warning.
EXCEPTION (2): A new 8 seconds is awarded if play is suspended to administer Comments on the Rules-N-Infection Control.
PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the mid-court line.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Tha King on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 am

Dommy73 wrote:
Tha King wrote:Glitch description: On player highlight or player of the game highlights. After a dunk or a play, players teleport to the other side of the court.

I think that's intentional, to have players already set up after spending few seconds in replay. You know, like in a real tv broadcast.

Yes I know that but I'm talking about on the Player of the game. Here's a video to support it.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/x26pwe
Tha King

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:12 am

Oh now I get it.
Yes, that happened to me too, it's a side effext of sedding up defense after replay.
I thought it happened because I pressed "A" button to skip in middle of the original replay.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby strobox88 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:32 am

I often run into a glitch where I'm supposed to get a replay after a great play, but whatever commentary was being said literally stops the game(play) until the commentary is finished. Right after that, I get a replay of people standing around, then it goes back to inbounding the ball.
strobox88

Postby Phreak50 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Bug description: (More an omission than a bug but unless I am blind, this is a huge oversight)
No option to change lineups/rotations in My League mode.

Game Mode: My League season mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen
Start a season in My League, go to rosters, lineups, options, whatever. There is no way to rotate players in the reserves into the lineup.

Am happy to be proven wrong but I for the life cannot see this option. (I have tried the settings at both manual and auto)
Phreak50

Postby Phreak50 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Bug description: Can only name team "y" in My Team/card mode.

Game Mode: My Team

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen
Keyboard does not work, and onscreen keyboard using a controller does not care what key you press, everything is input as a 'y'.
Phreak50

Postby TBM on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Move your mouse off the on screen keyboard...
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Phreak50 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Yep had read that before posting and it doesn't help.
Phreak50

Postby Carving212 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Bug description: got the message "The history associated with this save file couldn't be downloaded from the 2k Sports". Since then no connection to 2k servers and no error message when trying to connect, just nothing happens

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: upgraded my attributes for my player, unable to reproduce without connection
Carving212

Postby jaycee10 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Bug description: Input Lag in MyPark

Game Mode: MyPark

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Whenever I go to MyPark and play a game, there are some input lags. For example I press the shoot button but it takes 1.5 or more seconds before the player in the game shoots. I'm from Hong Kong so I'm wondering if my location is one of or the only reason to my problem and if so any suggestions or anything is going to be done about it? For example are there going to be any 2k servers based in Asia?

I have tried setting up my computer to access a VPN and my connection seems to improve except for NBA 2k15. The other online games I play are working well without any input lag noticeable (Starcraft 2, COD, Battlefield)

Not only do I have this but at least 5 of my friends of whom I play with but different platforms have the same exact problem too. Haven't tried with MyTeam yet but will do so in the near future.

I do hope that there is a server nearer to us asian gamers too. Meanwhile any suggestions guys?
jaycee10

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Bug description: Can only name team "y" in My Team/card mode.

Game Mode: My Team

Keyboard does not work, and onscreen keyboard using a controller does not care what key you press, everything is input as a 'y'.

have you tried clicking every letter with your mouse ?
I Hate Mondays

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Yep had read that before posting and it doesn't help.

That's strange. A ton of users have had this issue, and moving the mouse all the way to the top right corner of the screen has solved it. You still need to use the controller, and not the keyboard, but the repeated letter issue seems to stop.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby jaycee10 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 pm

wsx wrote:
-scarface- wrote:
wsx wrote:Bug description: Audio very low

Game Mode: All

The audio sound is very low. I try differend audio card but the sound can change. I hear also a "glich" in sound.

try updating audio drivers and see if it helps

All are up to date no possibility to update

If you are using Windows 7 try clicking the volume button on the taskbar, click mixer and see if the application NBA 2K15's volume is down.

My computer has multiple audio cards (coz I do some music recording stuff too so I have a Audio Interface). The game seems to automatically choose the computer's default audio card so I disabled it since I don't use it anyway. After that I never had a volume low problem anymore.
jaycee10

Postby Ramjet on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:06 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:Yep had read that before posting and it doesn't help.

That's strange. A ton of users have had this issue, and moving the mouse all the way to the top right corner of the screen has solved it. You still need to use the controller, and not the keyboard, but the repeated letter issue seems to stop.

You can also use just the mouse, and click out the letters. I find it a bit quicker than using the controller.
Ramjet

Postby Tha King on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 am

Dommy73 wrote:
Tha King wrote:Bug description: 8 Seconds Violation continued

Isn't that by the rules?
Section IX-Eight-Second Rule
A team shall not be in continuous possession of a ball which is in its backcourt for more than 8 consecutive seconds.
EXCEPTION (1): A new 8 seconds is awarded if the defense: (1) kicks or punches the ball, (2) is assessed a technical foul, or (3) is issued a delay of game warning.
EXCEPTION (2): A new 8 seconds is awarded if play is suspended to administer Comments on the Rules-N-Infection Control.
PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the mid-court line.

Correct me if i'm wrong it states, when a ball is deflected out of bounds backcourt, the new 8 seconds will be awarded right?
Tha King

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:29 am

Well, if the ball is deflected out of bounds you won't get new 24 second clock, so that's basis for my interpretation.
But this is probably a good question for some referee.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Ramjet on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:54 am

I haven't been able to connect on PC since yesterday. Anyone else with the same problems? Fire up the game, and the right most tab says "connect". nothing ever happens though.
Ramjet

Postby Dee15 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 am

Bug Description: cannot update roster offline manually since i don't have internet connection at the moment even though i have registered copy of the game

Platform: PC

yeah i can't update my roster because of this weird bug even tho my game is legal and unfortunately i won't have internet for like 2 weeks because of router replacement, great 2k why can't i make such a simple task as a update my roster via download and upload it in game, maaaaan sheesh
Dee15

Postby Nexus14 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 am

Bug description: Can't launch the game at all.

Platform: PC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug, if not applicable, what causes it to happen: My computer's specs are above the recommended requirements for this game. My drivers are up to date and so are the versions of other software needed to run this title. Still, my game won't launch at all. Not online or offline. I've been looking for a solution since friday. 2K and their support team offer no help or acknowledgement of the problem. More details of the issue and fixes I've tried in the following Steam Community Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/282350/di ... 884984818/
Nexus14

Postby tnt23 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 am

Bug description : upgraded attributes for my player, then got the following message: "The history associated with this save file couldn't be downloaded from the 2k Sports server"
since then no connection whatsoever

Platform : PC
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
tnt23

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15