Constant Game Updates

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Constant Game Updates

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:15 am

Are any of you noticing new animations in the game? I tweet about this all the time and I'm not the only one noticing. Some of the NBALiveStreamTeam members and others in the community have said they notice new things as well.

With that said, do you think EA is updating/tuning the game similar to how they did with Live 14?
Izzy Snow

Re: Constant Game Updates

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 pm

For me, it's tough to notice new animations. When I see one, I figure it was in the game but I just haven't noticed it. I notice repeating animations more
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I think they said they had over 500 animations in the paint alone... they said they would be tweaking them with future patches to make it more realistic..

I don't think personally they should be adding any more they have plenty of good animations, what would be more effective is taking out the really bad ones.. I still see some sling shot rebounds and dunks that look really bad
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Tough to tell what might be new and what might be just something I haven't seen before, but I'm definitely seeing some more animations that I like this year. I'm really liking the expanded array of shots in the paint, the fakes, the up-and-unders, and so on.

The game's feeling a lot smoother than it did at launch, too. It's great that they've been able to work on that; they did last year too, but because of the issues with the way player locomotion was being handled, there was still that stiffness. There was a touch of that in NBA Live 15 when it launched, but to me it's feeling a lot more responsive and smoother after some updates. That certainly bodes well for any future updates this year, not to mention NBA Live 16 next year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:04 am

I've been noticing new animations and/or replaced animations ever since launch. When the game first came out, there were some animations that were badly out of context, such as 7 footers doing underhand scoop layups, and guards putting up casual flip shots while stationary and guarded close to the paint. I have since seen less of that, and different animations such as the adjusted and reverse layups, I find myself going into replay mode a lot to take a look at finishes, and I don't get that repetitive feel of layup animations I did in past games, where you know what animation is going to happen the moment it starts.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 am

I know what you mean. Instant replay is yielding some nicer looking highlights this year. Sometimes you'd pull off something nifty in NBA Live 14, cue up the replay, and it wouldn't look quite so good close-up and in slow motion. This year, there are some nice layups and dunks that get you pumped up.

Speaking of which, I was playing the Suns/Celtics BIG Moment yesterday, drove baseline with Gerald Green, and he threw down a dunk that was kind of reminiscent of Kevin Johnson's slam over Olajuwon:

phpBB [video]

It felt good.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 pm

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:I think they said they had over 500 animations in the paint alone... they said they would be tweaking them with future patches to make it more realistic..

I don't think personally they should be adding any more they have plenty of good animations, what would be more effective is taking out the really bad ones.. I still see some sling shot rebounds and dunks that look really bad

I agree with this. There are some funky looking shots under the basket so definitely remove those.
Izzy Snow

Postby Izzy Snow on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Andrew wrote:I know what you mean. Instant replay is yielding some nicer looking highlights this year. Sometimes you'd pull off something nifty in NBA Live 14, cue up the replay, and it wouldn't look quite so good close-up and in slow motion. This year, there are some nice layups and dunks that get you pumped up.

Speaking of which, I was playing the Suns/Celtics BIG Moment yesterday, drove baseline with Gerald Green, and he threw down a dunk that was kind of reminiscent of Kevin Johnson's slam over Olajuwon:

It felt good.

Definitely agree about watching more replays this year. I've been saying that I have a lot of "oh sh!t" moments that almost make me jump out of my chair. The future is bright with this game and as I've been saying in my Twitch streams, having JC Dellanoy back is going to be huge. His experience since Live 05 if I'm not mistaken will only help the dev team.
Izzy Snow

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I played today for the first time since the weekend and I don't know if it's new, but the rebounding animations seem a lot cleaner/better
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 15