Roster Feedback Thread

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Re: Roster Feedback Thread

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:19 pm

NBALIVEFernando wrote:
Beavis_5000 wrote:Rosters in Head 2 Head seem pretty messed up. Kyrie is missing from the Cavs, Durant from the Thunder and a few more I have noticed.

I am not sure if I am the only one that feels like this but I would prefer if the devs quit messing with rosters outside of trades that happen.

Synergy sets the rosters based on the lineups from the last game that the team last played.

What is going on with the missing players? Im pretty sure Irving, Love and Marion have not sat any games out. And Lebron has been gone for almost a week (well before his injury was announced).

Also, I think it is pretty cool a dev is on here to answer questions so thanks.
Beavis_5000

Postby Livefan2daend on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:24 am

Well synergy doesn't set lineup either bc I have yet to see josh smith on the rockets..how about somebody tell them to just put the players on the team and let us choose who we want to play with since we did pay for the game...I don't wanna play with players live want me to play with bc then Im just paying to play your game
Livefan2daend

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:23 am

Livefan2daend wrote:Well synergy doesn't set lineup either bc I have yet to see josh smith on the rockets..how about somebody tell them to just put the players on the team and let us choose who we want to play with since we did pay for the game...I don't wanna play with players live want me to play with bc then Im just paying to play your game

Although I don't mind injured players being taken off rosters (in Head 2 Head), I see your point and I can't disagree at all.

As far as Head 2 Head I think they should stay true to how current teams are. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Varejao and Lebron on the Cavs right now but because they are injured I think it is cool I have to adjust my online strategy according to the real life teams. I think it is also cool from a competitive stand point (as far as Head 2 Head).

This just in Head 2 Head tho and I think no other modes should be effected by real life rosters.

And once again if rosters had all players in Head 2 Head (and were not affected by injuries) you wouldn't see me on here complaining lol. The Cavs are a totally different team with Varejao and Lebron and I could definitely use them.

Of course, the real issue is with active players missing off rosters. And I would easily give up real time rosters to have this issue fixed.
Beavis_5000

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 am

Beavis_5000 wrote:
NBALIVEFernando wrote:
Beavis_5000 wrote:Rosters in Head 2 Head seem pretty messed up. Kyrie is missing from the Cavs, Durant from the Thunder and a few more I have noticed.

I am not sure if I am the only one that feels like this but I would prefer if the devs quit messing with rosters outside of trades that happen.

Synergy sets the rosters based on the lineups from the last game that the team last played.

What is going on with the missing players? Im pretty sure Irving, Love and Marion have not sat any games out. And Lebron has been gone for almost a week (well before his injury was announced).

Also, I think it is pretty cool a dev is on here to answer questions so thanks.

Yea, I think it's pretty cool too! :cool:

Livefan2daend wrote:Well synergy doesn't set lineup either bc I have yet to see josh smith on the rockets..how about somebody tell them to just put the players on the team and let us choose who we want to play with since we did pay for the game...I don't wanna play with players live want me to play with bc then Im just paying to play your game

We're aware of the issue and looking into it.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby YoMing on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 am

NBALIVEFernando wrote:We're aware of the issue and looking into it.

Any updates, dude? More than two weeks without a roster update is ridiculous. Either Synergy needs to be scrapped because it's not properly working or you guys need to hire a roster guru (like the competition) who can put out more consistent updates.
YoMing

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:52 am

YoMing wrote:
NBALIVEFernando wrote:We're aware of the issue and looking into it.

Any updates, dude? More than two weeks without a roster update is ridiculous. Either Synergy needs to be scrapped because it's not properly working or you guys need to hire a roster guru (like the competition) who can put out more consistent updates.

I hear ya, man.

There's a process in place here that we have to work within. I know you guys would like it faster and I don't blame you. We are making changes in that department, thanks to the community being vocal.

As far as a time frame of when we'll see an update, I'm not allowed to promise a time. So, all I can say is soon.

I know it's frustrating but, we're working on it.

Sorry that I can't get into specifics.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby [Q] on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:31 am

Just curious, is there a big difference between the synergy update process in Live 10 and the current one? Rosters in Live 10 weren't updated same day but it would be perfect (with trades, signings, injuries, lineup changes) the next day.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 am

Qballer wrote:Just curious, is there a big difference between the synergy update process in Live 10 and the current one? Rosters in Live 10 weren't updated same day but it would be perfect (with trades, signings, injuries, lineup changes) the next day.

Good question.

I don't think there's anyone from that team left who could answer that question.

I'll ask around but, I'm not expecting a response.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:48 am

As always, appreciate the insight that you're able to give us, Fernando. If the roster customisation features that Sean has talked to us about in our Podcast do indeed come to fruition in NBA Live 16, then this stuff hopefully shouldn't be as big an issue, as we can at least move players around, change jersey numbers and whatnot, then (presumably) upload them to the EA Locker or equivalent, while we wait for the next official update. So yeah, we're keen for that. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Livefan2daend on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 am

New rosters up..I know we be a lil rough at time but I give credit when it's do..you have came through every time on your feedback and roster editing..appreciate everything you doing
Livefan2daend

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:54 am

Livefan2daend wrote:New rosters up..I know we be a lil rough at time but I give credit when it's do..you have came through every time on your feedback and roster editing..appreciate everything you doing

Thanks!

You guys aren't too rough, the internet can be much worse :)

But, please, you guys are the user, you have a right to be demanding. If you see something that looks weird, off, broken. Say something. Hit up the official NBA Live twitter account or the Live Facebook page.

Anyways, I appreciate the kind words! :D
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Fernando, I would love to see rosters taken care of more often but I have one complaint I have on this game since I started playing around mid November. As soon as I seen this move a few times I knew it was the most garbage move I have seen in any Live.

One move I see in which 90% of people with decent records in Head 2 Head use. Tap the right stick twice and you go right around AI defense every time.

People can literally win games with this one move. There are people who would not even be able to score if it wasn't for that move. A whole offense based around this one move.

My AI defender can't figure out this guy is going to turn his back to me then immediately go to the basket after he has done the move 5 times straight.

It bothers me to think that someone can do that all day to All Star level AI defense. It bothers me even more they can win Championships in Dynasty (on All Star) with that one move being the biggest part of their game plan.

Sure there are other ways to beat AI all day but at least you have to press a multitude of buttons and some what strategize.

I can go on Superstar level and beat any team in the NBA in the Finals using this one move 90% of the time.

It is garbage, don't put it in Live 16 please.

This and the green lights need to go. I can live with the green lights that tell people when to shoot long before I could live with this. That is how garbage this move is imo.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:08 am

Details on the January 14th update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ngs-jan-14

It looks like a couple of the latest transactions aren't accounted for, as the rosters are updated through about January 12th. Damian Lillard's new signature shoe has also been added.

Full list of changes since launch: http://www.easports.com/content/dam/ea/ ... an-14.xlsx

Count me in as someone who'd like to see the approach to Synergy driven rosters being altered. Obviously, the LIVE Season rosters should be driven by Synergy, and it would be nice to have the option of playing with the latest Synergy driven roster in Tip Off, but ideally, all players should be available for exhibition play. 2K was doing something similar with their Living Roster a couple of years ago where injured players would be flagged in the roster updates and thus unavailable; a nice idea in theory as far as realism and accuracy are concerned, but also overly restrictive. Moving them out of the active roster and allowing the user to put them back in the line-up if desired would be a better approach.

I'm guessing some of this will have to wait until NBA Live 16, when we're apparently getting those roster customisation features, but I thought I'd support what others have said nevertheless. It's a good idea in theory, but without an option or customisation features, it's too restrictive.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Andrew wrote:Details on the January 14th update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ngs-jan-14

It looks like a couple of the latest transactions aren't accounted for, as the rosters are updated through about January 12th. Damian Lillard's new signature shoe has also been added.

Full list of changes since launch: http://www.easports.com/content/dam/ea/ ... an-14.xlsx

Count me in as someone who'd like to see the approach to Synergy driven rosters being altered. Obviously, the LIVE Season rosters should be driven by Synergy, and it would be nice to have the option of playing with the latest Synergy driven roster in Tip Off, but ideally, all players should be available for exhibition play. 2K was doing something similar with their Living Roster a couple of years ago where injured players would be flagged in the roster updates and thus unavailable; a nice idea in theory as far as realism and accuracy are concerned, but also overly restrictive. Moving them out of the active roster and allowing the user to put them back in the line-up if desired would be a better approach.

I'm guessing some of this will have to wait until NBA Live 16, when we're apparently getting those roster customisation features, but I thought I'd support what others have said nevertheless. It's a good idea in theory, but without an option or customisation features, it's too restrictive.

Count me in as well. 2K is so much better in ALL aspects of the game compared to live. Server issues & VC crap aside, at least there's MyLeague which is a waaaaay deeper mode compared to Live's dynasty mode. I'm a Wizards fan and I'm still waiting for Gortat to be updated with his Mohawk while 2K has had this, Otto Porter's goggles, etc. etc. done a long time ago. Get your head out of your a$$ EA! I love this franchise but y'all are making me start to hate it. Bring it in 16 because 2K will continue to pounce y'all in sales & reviews if you don't.
Izzy Snow

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:08 am

Andrew wrote:Details on the January 14th update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ngs-jan-14

I hear ya, we're working on something to address those concerns. That's all I can really say for now.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 am

I understand, as always it's good to know our feedback is being heard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:07 pm

With all the faults in Live Fernando, make sure you guys keep true to the game play. 2k might be better in all OTHER aspects besides game play (and controls and online competitive play) but a true Live fan is it for the game play.

To be honest (and I truly dont mean to be disrespectful when I say this), everyone who is more worried about cosmetic roster updates, better MyCarrer game modes and etc need to just make the full switch to 2K. Leave Live for the online PvP players where we are all about the smoother and more efficiant game play. That is what we need and I am sure those who play mostly online would agree. I would never give up the more control I have over my player in Live.

Maybe I am in the minority but I have always been about beating some ones a$$ in Live ever since 95. The ultimate victory comes from beating another player for me. Dynasty championships feel good and would fill the gap of having no one to play before online play came around. Once we had online and I could play against someone else any time it was like a dream come true.

Also, imo, as far as offline game play, Live has way more options to keep offline gamers entertained with LUT Challenges, Live Seasons and etc.

imo, 2k is better at 3 things.... MyCareer, pre/post game show and cosmetic roster updates (hair, shoes and whatever).

Besides these things, Synergy rosters should only apply to Head 2 Head and Live Seasons.

If you can improve these areas of Live and manage to keep the better game play then that is obviously ideal. If not then game play is going to take a scarafice which is why it upsets me so much to see people bash on Live for what I feel are trivial issues.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Well, I strongly disagree that NBA Live shouldn't be looking to make upgrades to Dynasty and Rising Star - Dynasty in particular, as it's long been my favourite mode in NBA Live - but continuing to build on its style of gameplay and maintaining a quality online experience is important, too. There are a lot of us who greatly enjoy the single player modes, so it would be a shame if they were neglected.

However, we've moving outside the realm of roster feedback, which is what this thread is for and Fernando is looking after specifically. It's probably about time we start up our Wishlist thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Beavis_5000 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:07 am

I agree Andrew, they should definitely focus on Dynasty and Rising Star. I feel like they could leave game play almost as is and put more focus into Dynasty, Rising Star and etc. Leaving these modes alone would not be a trivial issue, that would be a huge mistake.

To try to re-explain what I mean..... If someone thinks having players hair or shoes updated in game should take priority over real basketball issues, such as only being able to pick off 1 pass out of 10 by keeping the player I am in control of in a passing lane right in front of the same player my opponent passes to every time all the while a player can spam switch players button and steal and get 10 steals a game.

Or my AI gets a rebound and before I can literally do anything my opponent switches players to the closest player to the ball and steals the ball.

Of course it is easy to make people pay for this type of play most of the time but that is not the point. In real basketball most steals come from reading passes. It seems like the only way to steal effectively on Live is to spam the switch players button but at the same time if I am playing off ball watching the same noob who spams buttons zig zag all over the place and he dribbles right into me, and I tap the steal button once, I am lucky if it is not a foul. Lord knows I am not getting a steal.

Now this is not a big issue because you can usually dunk all over players who play like this. But this is the closest thing we have to a basketball simulation and small things like this can make it even more realistic. Even though I can be up by 30 against someone who plays like this, I give up a crap load of steals and the thought that this person thinks they are playing good defense is not just an annoying thought, but bad for the game of basketball imo.

I can come up with more examples of small issues like this. And while I feel these issues are small, I feel they are much larger than an issue such as shoes or hair.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:50 am

That kind of feedback definitely is important. But as I said, this is a thread for feedback on the rosters, for the person (Fernando) who is looking after the rosters. That's stuff we should be talking about, just in a different thread, so as not to derail this one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Venoms on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:00 am

hope u update the cyberface of rudy gay :D
Venoms

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 am

Haven't really checked, but Damian Lillard should have a 99 for a clutch rating
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Venoms on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Napier(heat) still calling "AGUSTIN" by commentator :shock:
Venoms

Postby NBALIVEFernando on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:51 am

Qballer wrote:Haven't really checked, but Damian Lillard should have a 99 for a clutch rating

He'll be 2nd in the next roster update. Should probably recalculate how it's done.
NBALIVEFernando

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 am

Details on the latest update: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... ngs-jan-23

At a glance, it looks like everything is more or less up to date, save for a couple of players who are on 10 day contracts and haven't played a game yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 15