Information on Game Modes

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Information on Game Modes

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 am

Courtesy of the latest developer blog: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2 ... e-15-modes

Despite not being the focus this year - gameplay, visuals, and onboarding being the three pillars - it seems there's still been some significant upgrades this year. I'm hoping that we can edit player numbers in Dynasty Mode, as seeing a #23 on the Bulls or #32 on the Lakers or whatever is one of my pet peeves, but the return of Sim Intervention and crucial under-the-hood tweaks? Very nice.

Rising Star is obviously still a long way from MyCAREER, but sounds like it's been beefed up a bit too. Really liked BIG Moments last year, so I'm looking forward to those additions. Overall, I'd say solid.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Information on Game Modes

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Will we at least be able to create our own player to our likeness with options for Rising Star ??
or will we have to pick one of a few available generic faces ? 2K has face scanning now, EA won't even allow you to create yourself....
From what I saw from EA's latest Sims game, their create a character looks great, why not just use that ?
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 pm

My understanding is that it'll be similar to what both games did last year, with a selection of faces.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 pm

With the developer saying that all visual assets have been updated, I'm assuming created players are part of that.

Interesting that game modes were not the focus, yet there are some new ones in there.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Well, that's where the replay value is. Gotta add a few new wrinkles, even if they aren't the top priority this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby leepersc on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 am

Absolutely ridiculous that we cannot edit or create players for dynasty mode. This will be my last NBA Live purchase if that is no longer an option. Worst part, I've been playing NBA Live since the first release. Just seems like this years wasn't ready to be released. Way too may cool options missing. Just so disappointed.
leepersc

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:06 am

leepersc wrote:Absolutely ridiculous that we cannot edit or create players for dynasty mode. This will be my last NBA Live purchase if that is no longer an option. Worst part, I've been playing NBA Live since the first release. Just seems like this years wasn't ready to be released. Way too may cool options missing. Just so disappointed.

This is the 2nd thread you posted this in, and not to try and stifle your posting, as I welcome you to the forums, but this wasn't some secret that was revealed upon release. We were well aware that we would not be able to edit or create players, along with the absence of sliders, etc. If you're angry at this, you should be angry at yourself for not being wll-informed at the time of your purchase. It wasn't a not "ready to be released" issue -- there were never plans for them to be included, and EA was up front about it. That all being said, there has been indications that some or all of these options will again be available as early as Live 16 possibly.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 15