EA Sports excited about the future of NBA Live (FanSided)

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

EA Sports excited about the future of NBA Live (FanSided)

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:16 am

The fifth (and final) part of FanSided's interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien: EA Sports excited about the future of NBA Live

The return of EA Sports’ NBA Live franchise may not have been the most graceful return to the video game market, but that hasn’t deterred anyone behind the game away from being a successful franchise. In fact, it’s done quite the opposite.

The mediocre ratings that came in for NBA Live 14 last November seemingly lit a fire under under the developers to make a great game that basketball fans can be proud of, including the game’s executive producer.

“What impressed me the most is that the people I have working on this game want it to be perfect,” Sean O’Brien said. “They don’t want to be known as those behind a failed franchise. They want to bring it back to what it once was.”

At one point, the NBA Live franchise was the top basketball game on the market. It trumped the sales of the NBA 2k series in the early 2000′s, and really seemed like it would be at the top forever. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen.

Again, nothing new on NBA Live 15 itself, but a good conclusion to the piece all the same. I'm looking forward to more info.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 15