►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V48 & V47 RLSD◄ Accurate 19-20 Roster as of Feb 2020

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V48 & V47 RLSD◄ Accurate 19-20 Roster as of Feb 2020

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:05 pm

So, discussions among the team members and other members of the community who've weighed in on the matter have led to the suggestion that the rule should be anything posted on Patreon must be made publicly available within a week. Anything longer than that is unfair to the community, and Patreon-exclusive is flat out charging for mods, which is against the rules. While we haven't officially updated the policy and instituted that rule yet, I did post this notice in this very thread last November:

Andrew wrote:To that point, Patreon exclusive would be charging for mods and against the rules. The issue came up recently and since there's a precedent for early access for Patrons, we're allowing that. Patreon exclusive would be a step too far, though.

To that end, it's not right to go this long without a public release. Conversely, URB has had public releases within a week of Patreon releases even without an official rule being in place, which we are all very appreciative of. I mentioned that public releases would be the expectation (albeit without specifying an exact time frame as a rule hadn't been determined as yet), and I was under the impression that that was understood and agreed upon. That doesn't appear to be the case, so we need to see public releases. I'm going to go ahead and officially implement those rules with a post shortly.

Obviously, we have no jurisdiction beyond our own site and community, so if Patreon-exclusive releases are a thing that happens, we can't do anything about it as far as what happens on Patreon. However, we won't allow our platform to be used to promote any Patreon-exclusive releases. In other words, you can do it if you insist, you just won't be able to post about it here. That's every modder's call to make, but we're going to enforce the rule. We appreciate the time and effort that goes into these mods, the hosting costs, and everything else, but we also want to be fair to the community.

The situation with URB data will need to be resolved as there's been ample time for that. Last time I mentioned that I got a pretty haughty public response and a somewhat nastier private one, both of which ultimately deflected the issue. I let the remarks directed towards me slide because as an admin you're going to end up taking some lumps like Shaq took hard fouls, but after all the public issues with that, it needs to be publicly addressed and sorted out in the release (the latter if nothing else). It's only right and fair, and would happen if someone was doing something unauthorised with UBR (rightfully so).

Frankly, there has been far too much drama in the modding sections across the entire Forum and for multiple games in recent years, and all of us on the team are completely fed up with it, me especially. It's getting to the point where we don't want to see people leave, but we're not going to beg people to stay, either. If people aren't happy with our policies and whatnot, they're free to leave. If someone keeps pushing their luck with the rules, we may have to make unpopular decisions and show people the door out of fairness to everyone else.

In short, if you're going to leave, we're sorry to see you go, but so be it. We provide this platform to everyone free of charge and to be blunt, we don't always get a lot of thank yous for that, to say nothing of contributions to our hosting costs, or even just sharing and supporting our content to help drive traffic to the NLSC. I've been doing this a long time and I know where the bodies are buried, which is to say I know which people have been receiving some leniency on previous rule violations because of their history and contributions, because long-tenured modders are going to get more of a chance than the person who signs up just to ask for a link to a pirated game. If people are still going to leave after all that, like I said, we're not going to beg anyone to stick around.

A public release of UBR with URB data removed is what we need to see moving forward, and any Patreon releases need to have a public release within a week. If that's not going to happen, then we can't fairly and in good conscience be a platform to promote the project. That would be unfortunate, but our rules about charging for mods have been in place since the beginning, we've tried to reasonably adapt to the current trend with Patreon, but on that front, we all need to be fair to one another. Again, URB has been coming out in a timely manner following Patreon releases, so fair's fair here.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V48 & V47 RLSD◄ Accurate 19-20 Roster as of Feb 2020

Postby emdeha on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 am

Thank you Andrew for making it clear. It will be a very unfortunate thing if Hawk decides to leave, because UBR itself is a great mod. But yes, rules are rules. I hope nothing but the best for Hawk and UBR.

Stay safe everyone!
emdeha

Postby oldstyle2k on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:13 am

hi my coleman in this roster has the bug can some one help to fix it ? bowdown: :bowdown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldstyle2k

Postby truefaith0826 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 pm

At the end of the day we are bounded by rules. Leniency is given at a certain extent to show that we are still humans, appreciation on contributions and respect, but once it has reached its limit, we go back to basic. I hope Hawk closes this Patreon issue and the valid claims of Sko / URB team. More power to NLSC. Good job Andrew.
truefaith0826

Postby HAWK23 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:49 am

Whoa I haven't been visiting the NLSC at all and just read all of this. I'm really sorry for some of the confusion and hardship it seems to have put on Andrew. I had no idea until now. I'm honestly out of a job right now so I was going to jump back into doing some 2K14 stuff - for free and monetary for myself, however now I'm really concerned at what I'm reading.

Andrew - maybe we can touch base on the phone or something a I'm totally out of the loop.

Sorry for the confusion. I had just logged in to post a youtube video that I just made. Again, Andrew, I'm willing to work with you on stuff. Send me a PM and maybe we can connect.

Also - just to add - I have NO CLUE what URB/UBR allegations are still an issue. Just a point to note - I've never, in my life, downloaded URB. There was a guy named Michael Torres (NY KID) or something who did a big update during a year or two where I was not active, so I started with his stuff when I decided to become active again instead of having to recreate the wheel and then there were all these URB issues. From my understanding I thought I had gotten rid of ALL of that - it was coaching staff tab related. It's been gone for a long time now. So to this day I still have no clue what needs to be changed because it should be fine now. I just honestly don't know. The only true issue I've seen for years is the "URB" name for Skoadam's mod and what a clear direct and blunt attempt it was to pick that name to confuse people with what, at the time, was the fastest growing mod of its time (UBR). I'm not active on here very much because I, too, got tired of all the complaining and whining. I don't like the bickering. I've been, honestly, pretty happy in my own little Patreon world helping people with the mod and not having to read ridiculous comments here and there. The bickering is not for me. I'll touch base with Andrew at some point and we'll figure it out.

In the meantime - this is what I was going to post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFMh5DuLDIg
Last edited by HAWK23 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBR Online: http://www.UltimateNBA2k.comTwitter: @UltimateNBA2KFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateUBR
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K12
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14

2019 Mod2018 Mod2017 Mod2016 Mod2015 Mod2014 Mod2013 Mod2012 Mod2011 Mod2010 Mod
2009 Mod2008 Mod2007 Mod2006 Mod2005 Mod2004 Mod2003 Mod2002 Mod2001 Mod2000 Mod
1999 Mod1998 Mod1997 Mod1996 Mod1995 Mod1994 Mod1993 Mod1992 Mod1991 Mod1990 Mod
1989 Mod1988 Mod1987 Mod1986 Mod1985 Mod1984 Mod1983 Mod1982 Mod1981 Mod1980 Mod
1979 Mod1978 Mod1977 Mod1976 Mod1975 Mod1974 Mod1973 Mod1972 Mod1971 Mod1970 Mod
1969 Mod1968 Mod1967 Mod1966 Mod1965 Mod1964 Mod1963 Mod1962 Mod1961 Mod1960 Mod
1959 Mod1958 Mod1957 Mod1956 Mod1955 Mod1952 Mod
Ultimate 00's RosterUltimate 90's RosterUltimate 80's RosterUltimate 70's RosterUltimate 60's Roster
All-Time Legends Roster All-Star/USA Roster All-Time Fantasy Draft Roster
HAWK23
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 am

Hawk.... c'mon. You literally have not had a free release in the new year, and posted on here to advertise for patreon only releases on February 18th, 2020. There is no "confusion", you were releasing Patreon only while advertising on the NLSC.

I'm not a moderator, and do not seek to be one. But I think it's kind of insulting to other peoples intelligence to act like you have not been logging in (When you logged in to promote patreon only releases months after your last free release), and have been consistently been updating your patreon releases even up to March 15th, 2020.

You had "just logged in to post a youtube video" you had made? On the NLSC where you have not had a free release in over 3 months yet logged in a month ago to promote another patreon only release? Where you have done basically all of your advertising for this roster (Or your most important advertising, atleast) since 2012? It should have been "i logged into the NLSC to apologize for doing Patreon only releases for 3 months, and promise to release free versions no later than a week following my patreon only releases"

Sorry all, this stuff just really bugs me. The insulting peoples intelligence part more than the charging for mods even. I LOVE the UBR, all the work that was put in by the talented modders, all the memories created with it. I think we all have a special place for the UBR in our hearts, and a lot of people hold the URB in that regard as well. But this isn't a "lets work something out" scenario, this is a follow the rules and what's best for the community scenario.

"I'm really sorry for some of the confusion and hardship it seems to have put on Andrew". You are frustrating a lot more people than just Andrew.

I've said my peace. I supported this mod 100% when it was being released in a fair capacity, and would continue to support it if you right this ship. But If my intelligence is going to be insulted (And other peoples) with that kind of statement, I have a right to speak up on it. As do others.

Just be fair, and release your roster where you are advertising it no later than one week following your patreon release, and everybody will be happy. Because the current pattern and excuses is a bad example to set (And you know that).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby HAWK23 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 am

Dee. I will work with Andrew on this matter. I'm sorry you are upset. I rarely if, ever, log in. I've logged into NLSC maybe 5 times since January. I don't read the comments when I come to post (because they're usually negative) - I just go straight to "post reply" and let people know what I'm working on - 99% of it can be completely downloaded for free (don't forget that. every single season mod is available for free from 1952 - current). I think people forget that sometimes.

Anyway. I will not be revisiting this thread. I'll work with Andrew on PMs and go from there.
UBR Online: http://www.UltimateNBA2k.comTwitter: @UltimateNBA2KFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateUBR
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K12
:arrow:Download the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14

2019 Mod2018 Mod2017 Mod2016 Mod2015 Mod2014 Mod2013 Mod2012 Mod2011 Mod2010 Mod
2009 Mod2008 Mod2007 Mod2006 Mod2005 Mod2004 Mod2003 Mod2002 Mod2001 Mod2000 Mod
1999 Mod1998 Mod1997 Mod1996 Mod1995 Mod1994 Mod1993 Mod1992 Mod1991 Mod1990 Mod
1989 Mod1988 Mod1987 Mod1986 Mod1985 Mod1984 Mod1983 Mod1982 Mod1981 Mod1980 Mod
1979 Mod1978 Mod1977 Mod1976 Mod1975 Mod1974 Mod1973 Mod1972 Mod1971 Mod1970 Mod
1969 Mod1968 Mod1967 Mod1966 Mod1965 Mod1964 Mod1963 Mod1962 Mod1961 Mod1960 Mod
1959 Mod1958 Mod1957 Mod1956 Mod1955 Mod1952 Mod
Ultimate 00's RosterUltimate 90's RosterUltimate 80's RosterUltimate 70's RosterUltimate 60's Roster
All-Time Legends Roster All-Star/USA Roster All-Time Fantasy Draft Roster
HAWK23
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:58 am

HAWK23 wrote:Dee. I will work with Andrew on this matter. I'm sorry you are upset. I rarely if, ever, log in. I've logged into NLSC maybe 5 times since January. I don't read the comments when I come to post (because they're usually negative) - I just go straight to "post reply" and let people know what I'm working on - 99% of it can be completely downloaded for free (don't forget that. every single season mod is available for free from 1952 - current). I think people forget that sometimes.

Anyway. I will not be revisiting this thread. I'll work with Andrew on PMs and go from there.

Again, don't insult my intelligence. And don't insult the intelligence of those who have reached out to you. This was on March 21st, 2020.

"I only logged in to promote my Patreon only releases" is accurate. Otherwise, you wouldn't have logged in to promote V49 patreon only on February 18th, without a free release since V46 in December of 2019. And you say "99% is free"? You didn't advertise on here (For obvious reasons), people have no idea, and I have received a couple PMS from people stating the last free release they had was V44. Again, stop insulting peoples intelligence.

I will leave it between you and Andrew moving forward, but it was absolutely worth me standing up for my own and other peoples intelligence.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eddie2003prt on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:19 am

No need for unpleasantness, guys. There are more pressing issues for our species at the moment.

The solution is simple. Andrew has laid down the rules for NLSC on this matter. Hawk should release anything that is more than a week old. If Hawk doesn't want to do that, then everyone should go their separate ways.

Hawk would still make a decent amount on Patreon for early access. Andrew and the NLSC would keep the forum from becoming simply a place to promote Patreon releases. Everyone wins.
eddie2003prt

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:23 am

eddie2003prt wrote:No need for unpleasantness, guys. There are more pressing issues for our species at the moment.

The solution is simple. Andrew has laid down the rules for NLSC on this matter. Hawk should release anything that is more than a week old. If Hawk doesn't want to do that, then everyone should go their separate ways.

Hawk would still make a decent amount on Patreon for early access. Andrew and the NLSC would keep the forum from becoming simply a place to promote Patreon releases. Everyone wins.

That is my point. It's simple.

Follow the rules, everything is fine. My points stand, though. Let's be realistic about what's going on here, and if someone is being lied to, or intelligence insulted by obvious BS, they SHOULD speak up about it. Just because someone is a creator, doesn't mean they are immune to being called out.

I said my peace, and will do it again if the situation comes up. "More pressing issues at the moment" doesnt make this a non-issue, doesnt make it go away, and certainly doesnt make it less of an issue here on the NLSC.

Let's move on and hope Hawk takes care of this the way he knows he should, by following the rules.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eddie2003prt on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:16 am

You should absolutely speak your mind, Dee. And I agree with your argument.

I can only speak for myself, but in light of current events I'm limiting the things I get fired up over. But that's just for me. What everyone else does is up to them.

Hopefully Andrew and Hawk can work something out soon.
eddie2003prt

Postby pipjersey on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Does anyone know if its possible to switch a players build using these rosters? ripped, normal etc, there's a couple players that i thought looked better with their default build. Maybe by doing something in the files?
pipjersey

Postby PatTheHead on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:40 pm

pipjersey wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to switch a players build using these rosters? ripped, normal etc, there's a couple players that i thought looked better with their default build. Maybe by doing something in the files?

open roster file with "Reditor" look out for row "muscles" and "bodytype".
choose between muscels 0 and 1.
bodytype is 0, 1, 2, 3.
2 is "heavyweight", your player gets fat like Oliver Miller-
3 is muscleman like Karl Malone
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 PBLA1947/48 BAA1948/49
NBL1948/49 NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NPBL1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53
NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55 NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1958/59
NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61 NBA1961/62 ABL1961/62 NBA1962/63 ABL1962/63
NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67 NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68
NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70 NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71
NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73 NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74
NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76 NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78
NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82 NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84
NBA1984/85 NBA1985/86 NBA1986/87 NBA1987/88 NBA1988/89 NBA1989/90
DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-91

DOWNLOAD

PatTheHead

Postby MadbaLL on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:27 am

completely agree with every letter and every word Dee4Three, wrote.
MadbaLL

Postby pipjersey on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 am

PatTheHead wrote:
pipjersey wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to switch a players build using these rosters? ripped, normal etc, there's a couple players that i thought looked better with their default build. Maybe by doing something in the files?

open roster file with "Reditor" look out for row "muscles" and "bodytype".
choose between muscels 0 and 1.
bodytype is 0, 1, 2, 3.
2 is "heavyweight", your player gets fat like Oliver Miller-
3 is muscleman like Karl Malone

thanks hey
pipjersey

Postby pipjersey on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 am

If this is where we report bugs and problems with the roster and mod, theres a problem with the 1995 washington bullets court, theres a black line on the left side of each of end the court, not a huge problem but it does stick out when your playing.
pipjersey

Postby PatTheHead on Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:23 pm

pipjersey wrote:If this is where we report bugs and problems with the roster and mod, theres a problem with the 1995 washington bullets court, theres a black line on the left side of each of end the court, not a huge problem but it does stick out when your playing.

it's on Hawk to fix that.
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 PBLA1947/48 BAA1948/49
NBL1948/49 NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NPBL1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53
NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55 NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1958/59
NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61 NBA1961/62 ABL1961/62 NBA1962/63 ABL1962/63
NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67 NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68
NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70 NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71
NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73 NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74
NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76 NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78
NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82 NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84
NBA1984/85 NBA1985/86 NBA1986/87 NBA1987/88 NBA1988/89 NBA1989/90
DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-91

DOWNLOAD

PatTheHead

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:26 am

So as you may have seen, I've officially implemented our new rule/policy regarding Patreon, and that's what will be enforced moving forward. As he mentioned, Hawk reached out to me and I've reiterated to him what I said above regarding all of the aforementioned issues, and how Patreon releases have to be handled if the NLSC is going to be used for promotion. To that end, I can't offer any announcement as to what will happen from here, except to say that those rules will be enforced for everyone and that I hope UBR can be a part of our community in accordance with those policies, and with all other issues ironed out.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby eddie2003prt on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 am

A bit of news...

If you look on the website, Version 49 has been made available for free (It has not been announced on this thread, which still lists v. 48 as the most recent free release)
eddie2003prt

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am

Thanks for the heads up. (Y)

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby emdeha on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm

eddie2003prt wrote:A bit of news...

If you look on the website, Version 49 has been made available for free (It has not been announced on this thread, which still lists v. 48 as the most recent free release)

Where can I see it? On the download page it's still V47.
emdeha

Postby eddie2003prt on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Go directly to the webpage ultimatenba2k.com....Go to download page...it will tell you the latest free download is version 49.
eddie2003prt

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:11 am

eddie2003prt wrote:Go directly to the webpage ultimatenba2k.com....Go to download page...it will tell you the latest free download is version 49.

Eddie, good looking out. This info will help others.

However, this information should be coming from Hawk, and advertised on the NLSC as such. It shouldn't be coming from a third party who happened to stumble upon it on the UBR website. V49 a couple pages back says "Released for Patrons", nothing about a free release. People shouldnt be manipulated in here to sign up for his Patreon, they should have all information up front.

He needs to take care of his business on his own thread, others should not have to do it for him. For those wondering, V50 right now is Patreon only, but V49 is listed for free in the downloads section at the page below:

:!: Go HERE for V49 free release

http://ultimatenba2k.com/~hawk23/UBR/2k14warning.htm

Note: Can someone confirm that what is advertised as V49 release is in fact that? That it has the 2020 roster, etc.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bbgeek on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:32 pm

The V49 part 12 download contains 2019v1 and 2020v1 roster files dated 2/17/2020.
bbgeek

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding