►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby GD7 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:56 pm

RyuuzakiL5 wrote:
GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Yeah, I'm really thinking about that. The problem with simulation is that you pratically "break" the Standings and other statistcs. It's like playing a bunch of friendly matchs without having to worry about your position or other teams position at the table, I only need to guarantee being at the playoffs, but I loose all the competition factor, since I have to simulate most of the games =/

Not sure what to tell you man, I mean, playing 29 games in a season already kinda breaks all statistics imaginable, it would feel kind of like you're playing a lockout season.
But if I had to give advice, don't think of those simulated games as competitive, or that your team must win, after the game is done, take a look at the statistics of the match, see who performed great/poor/average, see who on the opposing team performed abnormally well/terrible, I found myself wanting to get a role player from a team that beat me because he would go off with 5/6 3ptFG. (just an example)
Not too long ago, I began an association with the 05 Lakers, just after Shaq got traded, and I ended up with a core of Kobe,Odom and Stojakovic. Needless to say, the team was looking good, we were ranked 2nd right behind the Spurs, I had a team of good roleplayers (Certainly better than Smush Parker and Kwame), but I noticed in almost all of my simulated games, Stojakovic was underperforming, he would constantly go under 10 points, certainly not what you would expect from an All star type player, I mean I had simulated games where Luke Walton outscored him, It's getting to the point where I'm thinking that he's more of a nuisance than a valuable asset to our team, but I'm giving him untill the end of the trade deadline to get back on track, before he's on the trade block. That interraction alone makes simulated games pretty interesting to me (Personally), seeing what needs to be fixed, and what requires my attention, who knows, it might help you to look at it from that perspective?
Wizard MJ pulling out invisible wings to perform a FT Line Dunk https://i.imgur.com/hR6tHKq.png
AI acrobatics against 3 deffenders (Live 04) https://i.imgur.com/oJFRPwG.mp4
GD7

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby RyuuzakiL5 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:06 am

GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:
GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Yeah, I'm really thinking about that. The problem with simulation is that you pratically "break" the Standings and other statistcs. It's like playing a bunch of friendly matchs without having to worry about your position or other teams position at the table, I only need to guarantee being at the playoffs, but I loose all the competition factor, since I have to simulate most of the games =/

Not sure what to tell you man, I mean, playing 29 games in a season already kinda breaks all statistics imaginable, it would feel kind of like you're playing a lockout season.
But if I had to give advice, don't think of those simulated games as competitive, or that your team must win, after the game is done, take a look at the statistics of the match, see who performed great/poor/average, see who on the opposing team performed abnormally well/terrible, I found myself wanting to get a role player from a team that beat me because he would go off with 5/6 3ptFG. (just an example)
Not too long ago, I began an association with the 05 Lakers, just after Shaq got traded, and I ended up with a core of Kobe,Odom and Stojakovic. Needless to say, the team was looking good, we were ranked 2nd right behind the Spurs, I had a team of good roleplayers (Certainly better than Smush Parker and Kwame), but I noticed in almost all of my simulated games, Stojakovic was underperforming, he would constantly go under 10 points, certainly not what you would expect from an All star type player, I mean I had simulated games where Luke Walton outscored him, It's getting to the point where I'm thinking that he's more of a nuisance than a valuable asset to our team, but I'm giving him untill the end of the trade deadline to get back on track, before he's on the trade block. That interraction alone makes simulated games pretty interesting to me (Personally), seeing what needs to be fixed, and what requires my attention, who knows, it might help you to look at it from that perspective?

Yeah, I got your point, but simulating game this way is not so good to me because I'm just a casual player, I'm not good looking for player statistics, I just play for fun sometimes (3 or 4 games per week).

I just don't choose 14 games because I don't have the chance to play agains all teams, inclunding some teams that I have a personal rivally but are from the other conference. After playing against everyone at the regular season I play full playoffs to get trully competitive.
RyuuzakiL5

Postby STepRun on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 am

hi, in the latest update I want to create my dream team. but I can't move the players. how do I do that?
STepRun

Postby scrabbarista on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm

STepRun wrote:hi, in the latest update I want to create my dream team. but I can't move the players. how do I do that?

You have to:

1. load the roster you want to use

2. start a new season

3. exit the season

4. the roster you were using will reload, and you'll be able to trade anyone you want
scrabbarista

Postby scrabbarista on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey guys, I'm confused about which rosters, exactly, have the Nike uniforms. Is there one where I can trade retro players into the Nike uniforms? (Basically, the standard UBR roster?)
scrabbarista

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding