►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby GD7 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:56 pm

RyuuzakiL5 wrote:
GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Yeah, I'm really thinking about that. The problem with simulation is that you pratically "break" the Standings and other statistcs. It's like playing a bunch of friendly matchs without having to worry about your position or other teams position at the table, I only need to guarantee being at the playoffs, but I loose all the competition factor, since I have to simulate most of the games =/

Not sure what to tell you man, I mean, playing 29 games in a season already kinda breaks all statistics imaginable, it would feel kind of like you're playing a lockout season.
But if I had to give advice, don't think of those simulated games as competitive, or that your team must win, after the game is done, take a look at the statistics of the match, see who performed great/poor/average, see who on the opposing team performed abnormally well/terrible, I found myself wanting to get a role player from a team that beat me because he would go off with 5/6 3ptFG. (just an example)
Not too long ago, I began an association with the 05 Lakers, just after Shaq got traded, and I ended up with a core of Kobe,Odom and Stojakovic. Needless to say, the team was looking good, we were ranked 2nd right behind the Spurs, I had a team of good roleplayers (Certainly better than Smush Parker and Kwame), but I noticed in almost all of my simulated games, Stojakovic was underperforming, he would constantly go under 10 points, certainly not what you would expect from an All star type player, I mean I had simulated games where Luke Walton outscored him, It's getting to the point where I'm thinking that he's more of a nuisance than a valuable asset to our team, but I'm giving him untill the end of the trade deadline to get back on track, before he's on the trade block. That interraction alone makes simulated games pretty interesting to me (Personally), seeing what needs to be fixed, and what requires my attention, who knows, it might help you to look at it from that perspective?
Wizard MJ pulling out invisible wings to perform a FT Line Dunk https://i.imgur.com/hR6tHKq.png
AI acrobatics against 3 deffenders (Live 04) https://i.imgur.com/oJFRPwG.mp4
User avatar
GD7
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:54 am
Location: The Park

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby RyuuzakiL5 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:06 am

GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:
GD7 wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Yeah, I'm really thinking about that. The problem with simulation is that you pratically "break" the Standings and other statistcs. It's like playing a bunch of friendly matchs without having to worry about your position or other teams position at the table, I only need to guarantee being at the playoffs, but I loose all the competition factor, since I have to simulate most of the games =/

Not sure what to tell you man, I mean, playing 29 games in a season already kinda breaks all statistics imaginable, it would feel kind of like you're playing a lockout season.
But if I had to give advice, don't think of those simulated games as competitive, or that your team must win, after the game is done, take a look at the statistics of the match, see who performed great/poor/average, see who on the opposing team performed abnormally well/terrible, I found myself wanting to get a role player from a team that beat me because he would go off with 5/6 3ptFG. (just an example)
Not too long ago, I began an association with the 05 Lakers, just after Shaq got traded, and I ended up with a core of Kobe,Odom and Stojakovic. Needless to say, the team was looking good, we were ranked 2nd right behind the Spurs, I had a team of good roleplayers (Certainly better than Smush Parker and Kwame), but I noticed in almost all of my simulated games, Stojakovic was underperforming, he would constantly go under 10 points, certainly not what you would expect from an All star type player, I mean I had simulated games where Luke Walton outscored him, It's getting to the point where I'm thinking that he's more of a nuisance than a valuable asset to our team, but I'm giving him untill the end of the trade deadline to get back on track, before he's on the trade block. That interraction alone makes simulated games pretty interesting to me (Personally), seeing what needs to be fixed, and what requires my attention, who knows, it might help you to look at it from that perspective?


Yeah, I got your point, but simulating game this way is not so good to me because I'm just a casual player, I'm not good looking for player statistics, I just play for fun sometimes (3 or 4 games per week).

I just don't choose 14 games because I don't have the chance to play agains all teams, inclunding some teams that I have a personal rivally but are from the other conference. After playing against everyone at the regular season I play full playoffs to get trully competitive.
RyuuzakiL5
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby STepRun on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 am

hi, in the latest update I want to create my dream team. but I can't move the players. how do I do that?
STepRun
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:04 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby scrabbarista on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

STepRun wrote:hi, in the latest update I want to create my dream team. but I can't move the players. how do I do that?


You have to:

1. load the roster you want to use

2. start a new season

3. exit the season

4. the roster you were using will reload, and you'll be able to trade anyone you want
scrabbarista
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:36 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby scrabbarista on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Hey guys, I'm confused about which rosters, exactly, have the Nike uniforms. Is there one where I can trade retro players into the Nike uniforms? (Basically, the standard UBR roster?)
scrabbarista
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:36 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby RyuuzakiL5 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Hey guys, how are you?

I've used RedMC to change my roster, so now I'm playing a 29-games season.

But now I'm facing another problem and want to know if anyone is having the same problem.

For some reason my game is crashing when I try to play the three-point contest. If I simulate, I have no problem and the Dunk Contest is working normal too. I just wanted to play three-point contest because I have two of my team players on the competition (maybe the problem has something to do with them, because when I start another 29-games season and simulate the game doens't crash, but they are not there since I'm not playing and therefore they don't have high 3-point percentage).

By the way, I'm using Chicago Bulls and my two players are MJ and Scottie. 1998 season.
RyuuzakiL5
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby PatTheHead on Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 pm

RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Hey guys, how are you?

I've used RedMC to change my roster, so now I'm playing a 29-games season.

But now I'm facing another problem and want to know if anyone is having the same problem.

For some reason my game is crashing when I try to play the three-point contest. If I simulate, I have no problem and the Dunk Contest is working normal too. I just wanted to play three-point contest because I have two of my team players on the competition (maybe the problem has something to do with them, because when I start another 29-games season and simulate the game doens't crash, but they are not there since I'm not playing and therefore they don't have high 3-point percentage).

By the way, I'm using Chicago Bulls and my two players are MJ and Scottie. 1998 season.


I am afraid there's no update on that project in next time.
.
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 BAA1948/49 NBL1948/49
NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53 NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55
NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1858/59 NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61
NBA1961/62 NBA1962/63 NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67
NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68 NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70
NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71 NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73
NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74 NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75 NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76
NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78 NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82
NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84 NBA1984/85 DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-91

DOWNLOAD

.
PatTheHead
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Vienna

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby RyuuzakiL5 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:35 am

Well, I saw that this problem occurs whenever I load draftclasses. When I start the association mode and choose to auto-generate, the game doens't crash.

Also, I was not able to find any difference by loading or not, maybe the draft files are not for association mode and I was doing the wrong use of it.
RyuuzakiL5
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby PatTheHead on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 pm

RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Well, I saw that this problem occurs whenever I load draftclasses. When I start the association mode and choose to auto-generate, the game doens't crash.

Also, I was not able to find any difference by loading or not, maybe the draft files are not for association mode and I was doing the wrong use of it.


if the DC file is corrupt, try an alternate DC. that one might work.
if UBR DC for 1996 doesn't work, try 1996 DC from URB.
URB is an other project, but as far as I know there is a DC for 1996 available.
.
VINTAGE ROSTERS

BAA1946/47 NBL1946/47 BAA1947/48 NBL1947/48 BAA1948/49 NBL1948/49
NBA1949/50 NBA1950/51 NBA1951/52 NBA1952/53 NBA1953/54 NBA1954/55
NBA1955/56 NBA1956/57 NBA1957/58 NBA1858/59 NBA1959/60 NBA1960/61
NBA1961/62 NBA1962/63 NBA1963/64 NBA1964/65 NBA1965/66 NBA1966/67
NBA1967/68 ABA1967/68 NBA1968/69 ABA1968/69 NBA1969/70 ABA1969/70
NBA1970/71 ABA1970/71 NBA1971/72 ABA1971/72 NBA1972/73 ABA1972/73
NBA1973/74 ABA1973/74 NBA1974/75 ABA1974/75 NBA1975/76 ABA1975/76
NBA1976/77 NBA1977/78 NBA1978/79 NBA1979/80 NBA1980/81 NBA1981/82
NBA1982/83 NBA1983/84 NBA1984/85 DRAFT 47-48 DRAFT 68-75 DRAFT 49-91

DOWNLOAD

.
PatTheHead
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Vienna

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Detective Conan on Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:43 pm

PatTheHead wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Hey guys, how are you?

I've used RedMC to change my roster, so now I'm playing a 29-games season.

But now I'm facing another problem and want to know if anyone is having the same problem.

For some reason my game is crashing when I try to play the three-point contest. If I simulate, I have no problem and the Dunk Contest is working normal too. I just wanted to play three-point contest because I have two of my team players on the competition (maybe the problem has something to do with them, because when I start another 29-games season and simulate the game doens't crash, but they are not there since I'm not playing and therefore they don't have high 3-point percentage).

By the way, I'm using Chicago Bulls and my two players are MJ and Scottie. 1998 season.


I am afraid there's no update on that project in next time.

I think hawk will be updated soon
User avatar
Detective Conan
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby RyuuzakiL5 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:12 am

PatTheHead wrote:
RyuuzakiL5 wrote:Well, I saw that this problem occurs whenever I load draftclasses. When I start the association mode and choose to auto-generate, the game doens't crash.

Also, I was not able to find any difference by loading or not, maybe the draft files are not for association mode and I was doing the wrong use of it.


if the DC file is corrupt, try an alternate DC. that one might work.
if UBR DC for 1996 doesn't work, try 1996 DC from URB.
URB is an other project, but as far as I know there is a DC for 1996 available.



Thank you, I may try it URB.

btw: I was using 1998 DC.
RyuuzakiL5
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby nydmt on Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 am

Does anyone else have a problem with Steam overwriting UBR files when it tries to update 2k14? How do I stop Steam from trying to update 2k14?
nydmt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 am

Is it possible that there will be another post trade deadline, preplayoffs roster for UBR?
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Detective Conan on Sat May 25, 2019 5:37 pm

tinpanalley wrote:Is it possible that there will be another post trade deadline, preplayoffs roster for UBR?

Hawk23 is usually very busy. I think the patch will be updated soon. It is expected to be in June.
User avatar
Detective Conan
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Sun May 26, 2019 1:12 am

Just curious (I imagine this isn't possible) but when you play older eras does this mod use the different old television broadcast looks that were used in the 2K12 "NBA's Greatest" mode?
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Andrew on Sun May 26, 2019 1:49 am

Unfortunately not.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 107285
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Sun May 26, 2019 3:53 am

Andrew wrote:Unfortunately not.

Oh, ok. I wonder what the issue is. It's just there's so much amazing work done on 2K14 and it seems so much of the game is moddable it's interesting that nobody has been able to expose or 'unlock' whatever those period effects are to use them elsewhere. Well, in any event, at least the courts, uniforms, and I imagine a few adboards and tv graphics are in the mod.
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Andrew on Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 am

We certainly looked hard back in the day, but could never figure it out. I've heard through the grapevine that 2K themselves kind of lucked into some of those effects and how well they worked, which is probably why we haven't seen them since.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 107285
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Sun May 26, 2019 5:22 am

Andrew wrote:We certainly looked hard back in the day, but could never figure it out. I've heard through the grapevine that 2K themselves kind of lucked into some of those effects and how well they worked, which is probably why we haven't seen them since.

Interesting. Well, if someone could figure out a way to edit the look of the game, I'm a film editor and I'd be happy to have a crack at recreating "filters" to load for playing different eras. I know nothing of video game editing. I could only help with colour correction.

EDIT: Hang on... what's this? viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96175
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Andrew on Sun May 26, 2019 2:46 pm

It's definitely possible to create mods that reproduce that look, it's just not possible to have the game automatically switch to them whenever you select retro teams. As long as you're willing to manually switch those visual mods in and out, or if you're just playing exclusively with those rosters for an extended period, it's certainly viable.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 107285
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Sun May 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Andrew wrote:It's definitely possible to create mods that reproduce that look, it's just not possible to have the game automatically switch to them whenever you select retro teams. As long as you're willing to manually switch those visual mods in and out, or if you're just playing exclusively with those rosters for an extended period, it's certainly viable.

Oh, yeah, of course, I never expected to be able to code into the game the loading of one look or another based on what rosters were loaded. Anyway, those ones I found controlled by JSGME should do it.
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Andrew on Mon May 27, 2019 12:14 am

Sounds good. Speaking of which, I don't think anyone's figured anything out with the sound, but the visual filters at least can be reproduced.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 107285
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby tinpanalley on Mon May 27, 2019 12:18 am

Yeah, to be honest I wasn't crazy about hpw 2k did the sound. They were going for lower quality and all they did was make the audio tinny. Television audio from the 60s wasnt AM radio quality. It was better, it was just mono. So the audio sounded fake. It has to be a thin mono frequency range but with more low end to replicate the more resonant sound of old tvs.
tinpanalley
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby aruggeri2 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:18 am

is anyone else trying to download the mod and having adfly saying the user is suspended? i really wanna play this mod and this keeps happeneing someone help or fix it or something
aruggeri2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:13 am

Re: ►Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) V44 RLSD◄ Accurate 18-19 Roster as of JAN 1, 2019

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am

I'm sure Hawk will fix it as soon as he possibly can.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 107285
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests