Community project/Fict. Draft Class Year 1.2 Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Fict. Draft Classes : Recruiting people for the project

Postby pierralban on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Year One Beta coming tonight !
pierralban

Re: Fict. Draft Classes : Recruiting people for the project

Postby pngblood on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 am

Bro check mail
Through Thick And Thin
pngblood

Re: Fict. Draft Classes : Community project recruiting

Postby Roberto on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:07 am

i propose each draft with 60 cfs,two complete rounds
was amazing last year but with 60 cfs would be epic¡¡¡
Roberto

Postby ohdang on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 am

Planned to start my association tonight (finally) now that Kova's roster and draft class is out and I have some free time. Now I have to wait until you release the beta :D
ohdang

Postby brentljs on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 am

Here are three draft class templates done. http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/PW2F ... lDllsguG4w%

Let me know what you think
brentljs

Re: Community project/Fict. Draft Classes Year One RLSD

Postby pierralban on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 am

All the conversions have been made ! Thanks guys ! Now let's make new classes.

Download links :

Cyberfaces pack for Year One to Year Five
Make sure you download both of them and put the .iff into your main directory.

Part 1
Fictional Cyberfaces for Fictional NBA Draft Classes (part 1)

Part 2
Fictional Faces for Fictional NBA Draft Classes (part 2)

Fictional Draft Classes files

Fictional Draft Class Year One
Fictional Draft Class Year One

Fictional Draft Class Year Two
Coming soon

Fictional Draft Class Year Three
Coming soon

Fictional Draft Class Year Four
Coming soon

Fictional Draft Class Year Five
Coming soon
pierralban

Postby Roberto on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:44 am

why not do you do each draft class with 60 cfs(like two rounds)? it would be great. There are too many generic faces in each draft class
congratulations for this work, it´s amazing¡¡¡¡¡ (Y)
Roberto

Postby pierralban on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 am

Roberto wrote:why not do you do each draft class with 60 cfs(like two rounds)? it would be great. There are too many generic faces in each draft class
congratulations for this work, it´s amazing¡¡¡¡¡ (Y)

Cause it would require to create 20 more CFs per class, and even if i use some that are not mine i'd still need to modify them to be the same quality that the rest. But maybe you can help us and provide CFs, here is how i do :

To begin I choose the 6 players whose headshapes and textures I'm going to use :

So we have K.Azubuike, J.Petro, D.Wade, C.Hayes, C.Martin and R.Alston.
Open modify player, then go to the turbo training editor to find the cf ID of the player. Do that for each players.

Go to your 2k13 folder and find png(number of the ID of the player you want).iff and copy and paste it somewhere. Do it for each players.

Open your copies of your six players .iff with "3DM NBA2K Mod".
Save the face texture, the arms texture, the green texture and the small white texture for each players somewhere.

Here are our six textures.

Open them with photoshop and start modifying.
What i do is take the eyes of one player and put it on the texture that is on it's right. And i do that for each player, like this :

Then I do the same thing with the noses, but instead of putting it directly to the texture at the right of the original one, i put it on the one after like this :

Same thing for the mouth and jaw, except one more to the right :

After you did that you need to start applying the textures. To do that you can use a combination of :
-Image>Adjustment>Brightness/Contrast
-Image>Adjustment>Hue/Saturation
-Image>Adjustment>Match Color
-And all the tools you feel necessary to apply the texture correctly.

Here is my result :

Don't forget to modify the alpha by copying your texture, going to Channels, then clicking on alpha and applying the texture. It will be black and white. Then go to Image>Adjustment>Levels and change it so the skin is white and the hair are black.

- Save your texture in DDS format (DXT5).
- If you modified the arms as well, it's DDS format (DXT1 no alpha). You can apply tattoos on the arms, it's a lot better than having the tattoos of already existing players.

-Return to 3DM NBA2K Mod and extract your modified textures and the player you want the headshape of. And save.
I did extract my textures on png1921.

- Rename the png####.iff of your player to an unused one like png4550. Then drop it on your 2k13 folder.

-Go back to the game and modify a player of your draft class.
Open the turbo trainer again and modify the values of CF ID, Player ID and Portrait ID with the number you assigned to your .iff
Don't forget to tick 'Use CF" and save.

-Go back to the game and save the player you were modifying.
Open "Modify this player" again and he should have a CF.

Here is my final result.

If anyone has questions i'd be happy to answer. :D

Here is the guy i modified using Wade headshape. He as custom tattoos.
pierralban

Postby Medevenx on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 am

I love these man! I'll definitely use these for my Association! However, may I suggest adding more white players? I feel like there is a lack of white players in the draft. Still, they're great! Hope you get some Filipino blood in there man lol
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Roberto on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 pm

it´s not necessary to do more cfs, instead of making 5 draft classes , you can make 3 draft classes
Roberto

Postby nip83 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:29 am

It's always nice to have your prospects back man.One question though.I'd like to rename 12 of your CF's cause they overwrite Kova's draft class 2014.Is there any tool(or a forum link to tutorials) to reassign them to your prospects in the .fdc file?
nip83

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:07 am

nip83 wrote:It's always nice to have your prospects back man.One question though.I'd like to rename 12 of your CF's cause they overwrite Kova's draft class 2014.Is there any tool(or a forum link to tutorials) to reassign them to your prospects in the .fdc file?

Use Alec's Trainer (stickied at the top of the releases forum) to assign different png numbers. You'd have to manually rename the 12 conflicting files in your 2k14 folder to unused numbers.
Vespasian92

Postby nip83 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am

Vespasian92 wrote:
nip83 wrote:It's always nice to have your prospects back man.One question though.I'd like to rename 12 of your CF's cause they overwrite Kova's draft class 2014.Is there any tool(or a forum link to tutorials) to reassign them to your prospects in the .fdc file?

Use Alec's Trainer (stickied at the top of the releases forum) to assign different png numbers. You'd have to manually rename the 12 conflicting files in your 2k14 folder to unused numbers.

Thanks a lot sir.Btw i'm also in the middle of year 2 assoc. with the Kings.Boogie was such a great tank commander the first year (Y)
nip83

Postby nip83 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

I can't get either alec's trainer to work(can't find players in a draft class when i'm loading the class in game,otherwise any other player is editable) or the turbo trainer from last year at all(bugs). Also searched the forum for help.I wonder how you edit the cf's on your .fdc files. :(
nip83

Postby Maximus89 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Aw crap, it overwrites big names or just bottom of the 2nd rnd guys?
Maximus89

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:17 pm

nip83 wrote:I can't get either alec's trainer to work(can't find players in a draft class when i'm loading the class in game,otherwise any other player is editable) or the turbo trainer from last year at all(bugs). Also searched the forum for help.I wonder how you edit the cf's on your .fdc files. :(

Select 'edit player' when you're viewing the player in the draft class (get into the player description, attributes, signature screens), then go open the trainer (windowed mode works well). The numbers that show in the trainer is the current iff. number for that player's CF. Use the trainer to change the numbers to whatever you renamed the iff. files.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me so we don't clutter Pierral's topic :)
Vespasian92

Postby nip83 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Vespasian92 wrote:
nip83 wrote:I can't get either alec's trainer to work(can't find players in a draft class when i'm loading the class in game,otherwise any other player is editable) or the turbo trainer from last year at all(bugs). Also searched the forum for help.I wonder how you edit the cf's on your .fdc files. :(

Select 'edit player' when you're viewing the player in the draft class (get into the player description, attributes, signature screens), then go open the trainer (windowed mode works well). The numbers that show in the trainer is the current iff. number for that player's CF. Use the trainer to change the numbers to whatever you renamed the iff. files.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me so we don't clutter Pierral's topic :)

Thanks for the quick reply.Unfortunately i can't get it to work.It still loads all players from the roster than the player i have opened in edit mode(in game).But anyway don't want to clutter the thread anymore.It would be a nice idea for a tutorial specifically on draft classes and how to attach cf's.

Maximus89 wrote:

Don't know which prospects are the same.Already the 14 class from Kova's roster has the top 30-smthing names with cfs.The list of pngs(.iff files) that are the same(so you don't have to search) is the following:

nip83

Postby nip83 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:13 pm

@Vespasian92 my bad man, i was using fantasy stat trainer instead of this the simple trainer v 0.2 It works fine :D
nip83

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:48 pm

nip83 wrote:
Vespasian92 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.Unfortunately i can't get it to work.It still loads all players from the roster than the player i have opened in edit mode(in game).But anyway don't want to clutter the thread anymore.It would be a nice idea for a tutorial specifically on draft classes and how to attach cf's.

Maximus89 wrote:

Don't know which prospects are the same.Already the 14 class from Kova's roster has the top 30-smthing names with cfs.The list of pngs(.iff files) that are the same(so you don't have to search) is the following:

Thanks nip83!

Ok, to the people who are part of the project : Who is in need of cyberfaces for his draft ? And how many ?
pierralban

Postby costanzofan on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:07 pm

IOANNIS PAPAPETROU a.k.a PAPI.Last year he was at Texas and now he plays at back to back european champions Olympiakos.Add him at 2nd year please.......... :D :D
costanzofan

Postby Roberto on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 pm

when you have some time i need a draft class with 60-65 cfs(players with tattoos primalry). Only can enjoy of one class :(
Roberto

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:59 pm

costanzofan wrote:IOANNIS PAPAPETROU a.k.a PAPI.Last year he was at Texas and now he plays at back to back european champions Olympiakos.Add him at 2nd year please.......... :D :D

We are only doing fictional players here :D

Roberto wrote:when you have some time i need a draft class with 60-65 cfs(players with tattoos primalry). Only can enjoy of one class :(

I know, and I already answered you via PM. You can assign them yourself, i don't have time for that, it's not very hard.
pierralban

Postby costanzofan on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:04 am

Pierralban i understand that you make only fake players but next year Papapetrou will be in the draft.Olympiakos has put him buy out for every year of his contract to go to nba.Here in greece we believe that he can make as good as antetokounmpo R:1 P:15 Bucks.If you just write his name on google you will see.On youtube there is a video he choose his university between Kansas and Texas so you understand that he is a big talent to do that.So please do a little search of him (about 2 minutes) and you will see i don't lie.I hope at the end make his cyberface and put him at the second year draft.And of course i want to tell you that the first year draft is very good.So if you cant put him in the draft can you make only him and put him in the players cyberface section?Pleasy reply :D
costanzofan

Postby pierralban on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:04 am

costanzofan wrote:Pierralban i understand that you make only fake players but next year Papapetrou will be in the draft.Olympiakos has put him buy out for every year of his contract to go to nba.Here in greece we believe that he can make as good as antetokounmpo R:1 P:15 Bucks.If you just write his name on google you will see.On youtube there is a video he choose his university between Kansas and Texas so you understand that he is a big talent to do that.So please do a little search of him (about 2 minutes) and you will see i don't lie.I hope at the end make his cyberface and put him at the second year draft.And of course i want to tell you that the first year draft is very good.So if you cant put him in the draft can you make only him and put him in the players cyberface section?Pleasy reply :D

I understand but i suck at doing real cyberface, and this is a Fictional Draft Thread. Maybe you could ask in the request section.
pierralban

Postby wikisaiyan on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 am

Vespasian92 wrote:

Im having the EXACT SAME problem. Dont wanna overwrite the CFs numbers from Kova's solid draft class (although I cant wait for Bamz DC!!! :crazyeyes: )

However, how do you change the 12 conflicting CF numbers. Could you give me a step by step... its gonna be my first time using a trainer ( besides vlads Redditor) Thanks for any help!
wikisaiyan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding