Fictional Rec League Mod -

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Fictional Rec League Mod (w/Real CF's) - NEARLY COMPLETE

Postby Culture Games on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm

robfields89 wrote:Let the season begin! Please release amber!

The roster is complete, im just waiting for some help on making logos for the teams then im goign to release v1
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Re: Fictional Rec League Mod (w/Real CF's)

Postby shorty_ubk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 am

Is there any news about this mod amber?? :)
Sorry for My Bad English...;)

R.I.P. Clifford Lee Burton, Darrell Lance "Dimebag" Abbott, Charles "Chuck" Schuldiner and Ronnie James "Dio"

#occupygezi http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
shorty_ubk
Pure Metalhead

Postby Nick on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Amber, do you mind if i borrow some of the fictional CF's you've made for my fictional draft class patches? I will give you credit. :) If you could link me to a download via PM or something that'd be awwwwweeesome.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby faizdtk on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:44 am

What happen to this mod? Is it finish already?
faizdtk

Postby Culture Games on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry everyone my reason for not posting the mod was because whe n iwas testing the mod, i encountered lots of problems with crashing when loading into a game. Ive tried for weeks to fix it and figure out whats causing it, but no luck
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby blahblah on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:40 pm

hey amber, could you describe the problem? I think I might be able to help you out.
blahblah

Postby JaoSming on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Do you still have the crowds turned off? That was the issue I kept running into.....

...you could try letting the crowd be on in the arena tab, then make the team crowd values 0.3
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Culture Games on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:41 am

JaoSming wrote:Do you still have the crowds turned off? That was the issue I kept running into.....

...you could try letting the crowd be on in the arena tab, then make the team crowd values 0.3

Im not sure what you mean by "the crowds turned off"? Ive been using the arenas from your street mod, and a practice facility. it has worked fine in exhibition, and even for some games in association. But right now its crashing on a game. I cant even sim it without the game crashing. I cant even edit the schedule to get around this game to test if that works, it just takes me to the same game. i wanna try whatever i can do to fix this.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby gogadantes on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:16 pm

xoamberxo222 wrote:Im not sure what you mean by "the crowds turned off"? Ive been using the arenas from your street mod, and a practice facility. it has worked fine in exhibition, and even for some games in association. But right now its crashing on a game. I cant even sim it without the game crashing. I cant even edit the schedule to get around this game to test if that works, it just takes me to the same game. i wanna try whatever i can do to fix this.

Hi Amber, just a thought, why not share your files with some knowledgeable people here like Jao? Then we can all test your mod at the same time and try to see what's causing the crashes together, surely that'll save a lot of time.
gogadantes

Postby JaoSming on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

unfortunately I am without REDitor until Vlad gets back later in the month
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Culture Games on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 pm

gogadantes wrote:
xoamberxo222 wrote:Im not sure what you mean by "the crowds turned off"? Ive been using the arenas from your street mod, and a practice facility. it has worked fine in exhibition, and even for some games in association. But right now its crashing on a game. I cant even sim it without the game crashing. I cant even edit the schedule to get around this game to test if that works, it just takes me to the same game. i wanna try whatever i can do to fix this.

Hi Amber, just a thought, why not share your files with some knowledgeable people here like Jao? Then we can all test your mod at the same time and try to see what's causing the crashes together, surely that'll save a lot of time.

I would gladly share them with anyone who can help
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby gogadantes on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:32 pm

xoamberxo222 wrote:
gogadantes wrote:

I would gladly share them with anyone who can help

Sure, you can send it to me if you like, if you think it's beneficial, though I don't know a lot about modding 2k12 aside from the basic free Reditor stuff. But at least I can do the grunt stuff. Just tell me what game keeps crashing so I can play that.
gogadantes

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

I just got my REDitor back, I could take a looksee
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Culture Games on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

JaoSming wrote:I just got my REDitor back, I could take a looksee

ok thanks ill PM you it tomorrow!
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Culture Games on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 am

Does anyone know a good hosting site i can upload all the data on? It seems like megaupload is gone now
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby JaoSming on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 am

gamefront.com
if its under 100mb, nba-live.com, lol
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kieran on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 am

lol Jao.
Also Mediafire seems pretty good. You can actually drag and drop files into your account on the site via your browser, very handy.
Kieran

Postby PeterDaS4int1313 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

RELEASE IT ALL READY
PeterDaS4int1313

Postby Culture Games on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:56 am

When I try to upload it i get errors, i think the file size is too big. I can upload hte orster, but thats useless without all the files.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby JaoSming on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 am

how big is the file?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby robfields89 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 pm

I wanna play this
robfields89

Postby Culture Games on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 am

Wonder if i could convert this to 2k13 hate for all the work i did to go to waste
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 am

courts and floors work without issue directly
cyberfaces would need to be converted
the players would need to be created to change the names, but there is a roster tool for ratings, animations, and CF changes
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

Alot of people have still been PMing me about this mod. I gave up on trying to fix the association freezing awhile ago, but I do still have the files. Id be interested in re-releasing this if anyone would be interested in helping me find a solution to the freezing. If anyone would like me to send them the files, please let me know! I put months of work into this mod
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby hecmanx on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Wow i never noticed this mod before.. but the idea was a great one. Im hoping this can still be released.

So you didnt release this mod because association doesnt work?? Did you really want association to work that much?? Seems like it would be a really cool mod regardless if association mode wasnt working. A la the UBR which is only for quick game.. doesn't support association.. and its still if the not the best, one of the best mods ever assembled.

If you really want to get association working.. my advice would be to take any existing roster you have where everything is working the way you want it to. Then with that very roster.. you can go team by team swapping out the 30 teams.. putting in your CFs and jerseys.. and setting up your courts in the reditor.

Basically start over on another roster.. because i think it'll probably take more time and energy trying to identify whats causing the crashes, rather than starting fresh with a new roster (where association is working)

I could try and help if you like.. just let me know..

I was always looking for some type of mod like this :D
hecmanx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding