Change in game date/year (for association mode etc)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Change in game date/year (for association mode etc)

Postby lemonsodabuzz5 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Hey guys, I've already posted the steps on the same topic which was posted back in 2019, so I've created this topic, so it would be easier to find

So I'm sure when you play association mode in 2k14, the year presented can be quite annoying since everything will be stuck with the year 2014
Imagine if you are playing the year 2019 and at the end of the season when the players are awarded with MVP, ROTY etc you will see the year 2014 in the player card instead on 2019, that can be quite annoying, so here is a breakdown of a simple tool that can help you fix that issue!

1) Download and install this tool:

Elans 2K14 Rules tool-mod: https://github.com/elanjcoop/Elan-2K-Mod (press code, green button and press "downloaded zip")

2) Launch 2k14
3) If you are doing association mode, simply load the association file and be present at the association home page
4) Open cheat engine and select nba2k14.exe
5) Click on open cheat table and from there select "Elan's Engine" from the downloaded folder from step 1
6) At the bottom of cheat engine, you will see different things you can change in game, but for now we are focusing on the date changing.
7) Click on the box in front of Misc, and you will be presented with Year, salary cap etc
8) Right click on 'year', hover over 'change the record' and click on 'value'
9) There change any year you desire and press enter
10) You will see the in game date change as well, and if you want to see the proof;
11) Go into the player card in your association mode and go into stats or something where u can see their stats based on each year, the new year you added lets say 2019, it will show "18-19" in the stats' year which means the change has been successful!

Now here are some tips to make sure it is working properly (I will be using mackubex/ UBR roster for this example)

When you load the roster 2017-18 season and play association mode, the date will be Nov 2017 in the game mode
The best time to use the tool will be before Jan of 2018 since the year has moved on (so Dec 2017)
What happens is if you change the year past Jan 2018 (let's say u changed to 2017), the game will treat 2018 as 2017, so at the end of the season when you view your player MVP card, it will display 2017 instead of 2018.

I hope that makes sense, and pls comment or ask any questions!
(All credits goes to Elans for the tool!)
lemonsodabuzz5

Re: Change in game date/year (for association mode etc)

Postby suirad on Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:07 am

how do i select nba2k14exe i do not see an option for that. is there a tutorial or something so that i can figure out how to use this
suirad

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding