Copying from roster to draft class on Red MC

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Copying from roster to draft class on Red MC

Postby pokekingcurtis on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Anybody copy players from roster files to draft classes before with Red MC? I tried doing it and fiddled with a few things (the secondary ID of the players, contract info, age...) but can't seem to get it to work, always crashes when I try to load
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 am.
pokekingcurtis

Re: Copying from roster to draft class on Red MC

Postby pokekingcurtis on Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:24 pm

So I tried using the following thru RedMC but it always crashes association upon loading (IDs 1-12, 72-79 and some others were copied from other rosters)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1htmmw6 ... sp=sharing
pokekingcurtis

Postby icecr on Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:06 pm

pokekingcurtis wrote:Anybody copy players from roster files to draft classes before with Red MC? I tried doing it and fiddled with a few things (the secondary ID of the players, contract info, age...) but can't seem to get it to work, always crashes when I try to load

I copied all fields except:

Before copying to the draft, also remove unnecessary fields.

Also change the age in the Bio section (you may need to change the year to a specific age). And if there were no errors when copying, but the game still crashes, try to change (in Bio) the college to any that you find in the default draft class. Good luck to you!
sorry for my bad english :facepalm:
icecr

Postby pokekingcurtis on Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Oh cool

The college thing helped, thanks a lot!! Why's that though, so strange

Is there any way to start a new draft class or do people usually just make draft classes in NBA 2K14 and then edit those

And is there any reason that we can't just use the colleges from other rosters, just curious
pokekingcurtis

Postby icecr on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:01 pm

pokekingcurtis wrote:Oh cool

The college thing helped, thanks a lot!! Why's that though, so strange

Is there any way to start a new draft class or do people usually just make draft classes in NBA 2K14 and then edit those

And is there any reason that we can't just use the colleges from other rosters, just curious

No problem, I'm glad it worked! I created a default draft class and then edited it, it seemed to me the easiest way.

I used the draft class for personal use so it didn't really matter to me where the college was or where the player came from so I didn't research this issue so seriously and don't know all the details.
sorry for my bad english :facepalm:
icecr

Postby pokekingcurtis on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:17 pm

Personal use for me too, gonna go nuts with this haha

Cheers mate
pokekingcurtis

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding