ALL TIME ROSTER FOR MACKUBEX?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

ALL TIME ROSTER FOR MACKUBEX?

Postby Jmad on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 am

Hello, I want to know if there`s any roster that has all time teams compatible with mackubex and medevenx proyect. I have seen one on facebook, I remember one screenshot was CP3 on New Orleans team with Davis, Mashburn, Etc, but I just cant find it. Any help would be awesome, I just wanna play with prime DRose hahahha.
Wilt, MJ, LeBron, Kareem may be the greatest, but Scalabrine is the GOAT.
Jmad

Re: ALL TIME ROSTER FOR MACKUBEX?

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 am

Jmad wrote:Hello, I want to know if there`s any roster that has all time teams compatible with mackubex and medevenx proyect. I have seen one on facebook, I remember one screenshot was CP3 on New Orleans team with Davis, Mashburn, Etc, but I just cant find it. Any help would be awesome, I just wanna play with prime DRose hahahha.

Why not just download the UBR or URB? They not only have primed D Rose with the single season rosters, but they also have All Time Teams rosters with the best Rose on them.....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jmad on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:40 am

I had the sko and slim proyect. When slim left, I thought the proyect was over because nobody said nothing after that. I tested mackubex roster, and I like it. Not saying one or the other one is better, but I just dont want to remod everything again (or better said install it). Dumb mistake, I guess, but Oh well. Does somebody knows?
Jmad

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am

Jmad wrote:I had the sko and slim proyect. When slim left, I thought the proyect was over because nobody said nothing after that. I tested mackubex roster, and I like it. Not saying one or the other one is better, but I just dont want to remod everything again (or better said install it). Dumb mistake, I guess, but Oh well. Does somebody knows?

I don't know anything about Mackubex roster... what is it? I am also curious about the advantages it may have?

I ask because I use both the URB and UBR, and they are pretty complete.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Buggys on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 am

There are a lot of rosters and 2k communities on facebook, that's where Mackubex is. But unfortunately, those communities are really toxic ones. Just full of stealing or private mods. Most people even try to make money off their work. As far as Mackubex's work is, most people just feel that he picked up where Medevenx left off. He began by releasing rosters while making use of Med's NBA files as a requirement for people to download before proceeding on adding his own while Meds was still active. The 2k communities in FB produce astounding works. Be it globals, animation mods, roster mods, cf's, but they're just really very toxic. Most of the modders post endless previews and screenshots and ask for likes before releasing their work. Some ask for money, while others make private groups and only let people that they like in. It's really a shame because of how good they are. That's one of the reasons why I only hang out over here. Everyone shares their work for the sake of the game, not for money or fame. It was really a shame that Meds left. Only UBR and URB are the only ones left with great works that's being shared for everyone without asking for anything in return. Btw, there's also a very notorious person and group in the fb community, he/they steal other people's works and trade them or even sell them. I can't blame them though, they only really started existing because of private or paid mods from others. So what they simply did at first was publicly release them after buying them. It just got out of hand in the end and they just started taking credits for others works. So yeah, that sums up what happened and what's happening in the FB community. Most of them are Filipinos. I'm a Filipino as well, but even I can say that it's really part of the culture.
Buggys

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am

It's really unfortunate what's happened with the modding community on Facebook. Unfortunately not much we can do, of course, but it's a shame all the same.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jmad on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 am

Oh, I didnt knew all that. Really a shame. I thought every nlsc modder had stopped doing their thing (URB and UBR ) and I decided to test it. Its really a shame. Answering what you asked, is a nice roster. The problem is you dont have any all time team, or historic team. Thats a shame. I loved URB but I thought Sko stopped doing his thing, guess I made a mistake. When all time roster comes back, i may change again. If I have enough time because changing everything again. I dont know. If everybody knows it, I would be pretty thankful.
Jmad

Postby Buggys on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Andrew wrote:It's really unfortunate what's happened with the modding community on Facebook. Unfortunately not much we can do, of course, but it's a shame all the same.

I agree, I remember even asking some modders before to post their work here instead but they ended up just showing of their work here and using this site as a platform to get more people to buy their mods. Thing is, they only learned how to mod from the tutorials here and all the mods that they found on the internet for free. They got introduced to modding in the first place because of the people who shared their work and what they know, and yet the facebook modders didn't even try giving back to the community and used everything they learned for fame and money. It's a five year old game dang it.

Jmad wrote:Oh, I didnt knew all that. Really a shame. I thought every nlsc modder had stopped doing their thing (URB and UBR ) and I decided to test it. Its really a shame. Answering what you asked, is a nice roster. The problem is you dont have any all time team, or historic team. Thats a shame. I loved URB but I thought Sko stopped doing his thing, guess I made a mistake. When all time roster comes back, i may change again. If I have enough time because changing everything again. I dont know. If everybody knows it, I would be pretty thankful.

I think the All-Time Roster you saw was made by the facebook page NBA 2K14 Community Rosters. The head of the project just took an indefinite hiatus, but the roster is still available. They also made an animation patch, but currently it is a private mod for group members. And I remember that they aren't accepting any members as of the moment.
Buggys

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Absolutely. They're quite happy to use us for promotion, not to mention take advantage of our resources and even take people's work, but they won't share. It's disheartening to see that stuff in the modding community, but obviously what happens away from our site is beyond our jurisdiction, so there's not much we can do beyond condemning it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby theyano! on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Hi @buggys,

I am the author of NCR.

Well actually. We have released the v1 of the animation. Arguelles2k was the one behind it. V2 is not finished. And might be discontinued because of his current workload(schoolwork, he is in a scholarship program. If I'm not mistaken)

We actually share everything in public, without link shortener. Adfly links. We provide direct links for everything, we gladly shared it to everyone. it's just that we felt demoralized because a self proclaimed 'modder' just easily renamed arguelles' termite animation, made a YouTube channel, renamed the animation and he even tried selling it and even attempted to sell Chinese made Cf's to foreign peeps,

I, as a person who knows arguelles2k personally, and has been a good friend of mine, wanted to protect his hard work. But as of now, v2 of the animations is not released by him.

@buggys, just search for the animation on our page(https://www.facebook.com/NCR4NBA2K14PC) And I do apologize. I don't have the time to finish my website.

Well here the preview of that animation and the roster itself. we have also included a modified English.iff for you to be able to see the shooting form names. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theyano!

Postby Buggys on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:48 pm

theyano! wrote:Hi @buggys,

I am the author of NCR.

Well actually. We have released the v1 of the animation. Arguelles2k was the one behind it. V2 is not finished. And might be discontinued because of his current workload(schoolwork, he is in a scholarship program. If I'm not mistaken)

We actually share everything in public, without link shortener. Adfly links. We provide direct links for everything, we gladly shared it to everyone. it's just that we felt demoralized because a self proclaimed 'modder' just easily renamed arguelles' termite animation, made a YouTube channel, renamed the animation and he even tried selling it and even attempted to sell Chinese made Cf's to foreign peeps,

I, as a person who knows arguelles2k personally, and has been a good friend of mine, wanted to protect his hard work. But as of now, v2 of the animations is not released by him.

@buggys, just search for the animation on our page(https://www.facebook.com/NCR4NBA2K14PC) And I do apologize. I don't have the time to finish my website.

Well here the preview of that animation and the roster itself. we have also included a modified English.iff for you to be able to see the shooting form names. :)

I wasn't really referring to you guys when I told them about not sharing everything in public, in fact I even posted about the fact that the community is at the state it is now in is because of the JBC Group and that they started taking credits for other people's work. But to be honest, they were only able to build a community because of the private or paid mods in the first place. If it weren't for those, there was no reason for them to buy it and release them publicly for others. But for some years now, they really got out of hand and outright steal other people's work. I understand why you guys made it private because of that. I remember being one of the few people who first supported your page a couple of months ago, but I unfortunately didn't receive any reply when I messaged your page back then. (I used my account, the only one I had and a real one at that. I tried messaging even if I didn't have that dance video thing requirement.) Arguelles is going to med school if I'm not mistaken, while you have a big business coming up. There's no need to apologize or anything, I was speaking about the majority of the Facebook modding community on my previous post. Wish you a good luck, being able to try the v2 or your future updates in the future would be a delight. Hopefully the community's better as a whole when that time comes. Kudos to you and your work. But given the fact that the Facebook modding community at it's current state is, I highly doubt that day would come. Good luck to you. And sorry if you thought I was referring to you or if I offended you in any way. I just wanted to speak my mind on the sad state that the community as a whole is in for a five year old game. I just miss the days when 2k14 was flourishing in this site without all the toxicness.
Buggys

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 am

It's such a head scratcher... the fact that people think like that.

For example: Back when I was doing my 2K17 rosters, I released my fantasy draft roster first. My draft roster was a ton of work, and the effort into accurate signatures/ratings/attributes etc were extremely time consuming. Not only that, I featured cyberface work (Nash, Miller etc) From the talented PeacemanNOT, and others in the community (Who I received permission from, and are in the credits). It was discovered that Han Roster used PeacemanNot's Nash, and a slew of my signatures (To a T, literally the same signatures) on his own project. No credit for the faces, no credit for the signatures (If they were not exact, I would have been fine with no credit).

When he saw that I made a comment about it on here (NLSC), he slightly changed the signatures instead of giving me credit, and gave a really small blurb of credit to peacemanNOT for the Nash. But, why have this mindset in the first place? Why take my work and PeacemanNOTs, and claim it as your own? Why do so many people (Who lock threads in the cyberface section) Charge a crazy amount for mods (Like $15 a freaking cyberface), and are okay with that? How do you feel good about yourself when you are releasing somebody else's work as your own?

And how much attention do you possibly need? Why do work just for the praise? or to "One-up" somebody? What about doing it for the enjoyment of others?

The whole thing just puzzles me... I'm glad I am not part of the Facebook groups, I would be fighting them constantly on these practices/attitudes.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:20 am

Dee4Three wrote:
The whole thing just puzzles me... I'm glad I am not part of the Facebook groups, I would be fighting them constantly on these practices/attitudes.

Personally i dont see any difference where im releasing my work.
Last edited by skoadam on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 am

skoadam wrote:Personally i dont see any difference.

The difference? Are you referring to my situation in comparison to another on here?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 am

I'm going to assume that you are comparing it to the Slimm (UBR/URB) situations with ratings/tendencies. Here is the difference:

He wasn't just influenced by my work, he used the exact work. He literally had all the shot animations, dunk packages, dribble/pull-up, everything the same as what I had in my roster. That would be the equivalent to nyflava using Slimms exact ratings/tendencies, but not giving credit to Slimm. nyflava was influenced by Slimms spreadsheet idea, but he didn't use his ratings/tendencies. There is a major difference between those two situations.

In my case, I even give credit to my brother (who isn't even on NLSC, but I use the name bigticketbrodie to give him credit) for his work on signatures/ratings/attributes in the roster. Because well, he did that EXACT work. And, if I made another roster (Like the all time teams) and used his exact work on that roster, he would also be in the credits.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:

The difference? Are you referring to my situation in comparison to another on here?

I think i must explain. I dont see diference in safety of my release here or anywhere. My mod was stolen and released twice (third is on the way) here on NLSC, but it was also stolen from moddingway twice, released there and on different forum. It was probably stolen from fb also, so i dont see any difference. Sry if im little off topic, i edited my previous post to be more clear. (Y)
Image Image Image

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:03 am

skoadam wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I think i must explain. I dont see diference in safety of my release here or anywhere. My mod was stolen and released twice (third is on the way) here on NLSC, but it was also stolen from moddingway twice, released there and on different forum. It was probably stolen from fb also, so i dont see any difference. Sry if im little off topic.

The problem is: Theft of work will always exist. It's the harsh reality, and it bothers me as well. Some talented face creators on here have work released on Moddingway by other people all the time... and it's just disheartening. You would think people would be better than that, but they just are not.. it's a shame.

I think the differences between the two situations are:

1. We are not selling mods here on NLSC
2. It's not as toxic, and behavior of the sorts (previewing a ton without releasing, PMing for mods) is frowned upon heavily, and called out more often
3. It's a community that seems to overall have more values, and it more in control with the help of moderators.

That's why I enjoy it here on NLSC for the most part, and would never take part in those Facebook groups.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:15 am

1. In most situation modders are not selling mods on fb.
2. Toxic is excactly the same, i remember a lot of NLSC users previewing a ton without releasing.
3. I dont think we are one happy familly, im more than sure we are not, sry - its a mirage - at least for me :wink: + im moderator on my fb.

Still no difference for me.
Image Image Image

skoadam
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:19 am

skoadam wrote:1. In most situation modders are not selling mods on fb.
2. Toxic is excactly the same, i remember a lot of NLSC users previewing a ton without releasing.
3. I dont think we are one happy familly, im more than sure we are not, sry - its a mirage - at least for me :wink: + im moderator on my fb.

Understood. Just a difference in perspective I guess. Either way, the practices we are discussing are extremely toxic to a community. We agree on that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:23 am

Dee4Three wrote:
skoadam wrote:1. In most situation modders are not selling mods on fb.

Understood. Just a difference in perspective I guess. Either way, the practices we are discussing are extremely toxic to a community. We agree on that.

No doubt. (Y)
Image Image Image

skoadam
Contributor

Postby JDAGOD on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:43 am

Buggys wrote:There are a lot of rosters and 2k communities on facebook, that's where Mackubex is. But unfortunately, those communities are really toxic ones. Just full of stealing or private mods. Most people even try to make money off their work. As far as Mackubex's work is, most people just feel that he picked up where Medevenx left off. He began by releasing rosters while making use of Med's NBA files as a requirement for people to download before proceeding on adding his own while Meds was still active. The 2k communities in FB produce astounding works. Be it globals, animation mods, roster mods, cf's, but they're just really very toxic. Most of the modders post endless previews and screenshots and ask for likes before releasing their work. Some ask for money, while others make private groups and only let people that they like in. It's really a shame because of how good they are. That's one of the reasons why I only hang out over here. Everyone shares their work for the sake of the game, not for money or fame. It was really a shame that Meds left. Only UBR and URB are the only ones left with great works that's being shared for everyone without asking for anything in return. Btw, there's also a very notorious person and group in the fb community, he/they steal other people's works and trade them or even sell them. I can't blame them though, they only really started existing because of private or paid mods from others. So what they simply did at first was publicly release them after buying them. It just got out of hand in the end and they just started taking credits for others works. So yeah, that sums up what happened and what's happening in the FB community. Most of them are Filipinos. I'm a Filipino as well, but even I can say that it's really part of the culture.

I can say the same I’ve seen such amazing work only to see fools actually charge for mods and it’s sad because you shouldn’t have to pay for a mod only donate to that person’s hard work it’s kind of backwards to me but hey let them be the idiots paying $10 for one cyberface :?
"Don't be the person to sink the ship if you ain't the captain".
JDAGOD
@Br_Easyconcepts

Postby JDAGOD on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:43 am

Buggys wrote:There are a lot of rosters and 2k communities on facebook, that's where Mackubex is. But unfortunately, those communities are really toxic ones. Just full of stealing or private mods. Most people even try to make money off their work. As far as Mackubex's work is, most people just feel that he picked up where Medevenx left off. He began by releasing rosters while making use of Med's NBA files as a requirement for people to download before proceeding on adding his own while Meds was still active. The 2k communities in FB produce astounding works. Be it globals, animation mods, roster mods, cf's, but they're just really very toxic. Most of the modders post endless previews and screenshots and ask for likes before releasing their work. Some ask for money, while others make private groups and only let people that they like in. It's really a shame because of how good they are. That's one of the reasons why I only hang out over here. Everyone shares their work for the sake of the game, not for money or fame. It was really a shame that Meds left. Only UBR and URB are the only ones left with great works that's being shared for everyone without asking for anything in return. Btw, there's also a very notorious person and group in the fb community, he/they steal other people's works and trade them or even sell them. I can't blame them though, they only really started existing because of private or paid mods from others. So what they simply did at first was publicly release them after buying them. It just got out of hand in the end and they just started taking credits for others works. So yeah, that sums up what happened and what's happening in the FB community. Most of them are Filipinos. I'm a Filipino as well, but even I can say that it's really part of the culture.

I can say the same I’ve seen such amazing work only to see fools actually charge for mods and it’s sad because you shouldn’t have to pay for a mod only donate to that person’s hard work it’s kind of backwards to me but hey let them be the idiots paying $10 for one cyberface :?
"Don't be the person to sink the ship if you ain't the captain".
JDAGOD
@Br_Easyconcepts

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 am

Isn't it also technically illegal to charge for a cyberface or any mod for that matter? The modder would be making profits off a player from a licensed game that they don't have the rights to use.
RayRay_953

Postby Jmad on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:11 am

I think I'm coming back to URB as soon as the All Time Roster arrives Haha.
Jmad

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

shinron15 wrote:Isn't it also technically illegal to charge for a cyberface or any mod for that matter? The modder would be making profits off a player from a licensed game that they don't have the rights to use.

Correct. It's one of the reasons we don't allow it; the main one, in fact. Of course, as I explain in that article, even if it weren't a legal issue then there are a lot of potential headaches that frankly I don't want to have to deal with, and they would likely rip the community apart.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding