Player Age Bug When Using Fictional Draft Classes (Mackubex 2K14 UBR Mod)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Player Age Bug When Using Fictional Draft Classes (Mackubex 2K14 UBR Mod)

Postby Geechie on Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:47 am

Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with using some fictional draft classes that I downloaded to use with this mod, as they may not be compatible with Mackubex's amazing roster mod due to some timeline issues. Of course, Mackubex's 2023 and 2024 real draft classes work wonderfully as they allow for each player to have a lengthy career due to their player ages (birth-year) being set to their real birthdays, which I can guess was done using a type of engine.

However, whenever I attempt to use one of my other draft classes that may not have been configured to be compatible with this roster, after about 4-6 years players are in their declining phase and/retiring without having the chance to reach a growth phase or prime. (ex; born in 1994 = 19/20 years of age based on 2k14's engine, but based on the association mode of Mack's mod, players born in 1993 or 1994 = 29/30 years of age, which causes the retirement early after 4-5 years pro.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone was able to point me in the right direction of where I could find a draft class or draft class(es) that have compatibility with Mack's roster, and or show me a way that I could be able to fix this issue myself using a engine.

Please Note, I am a newbie when it comes to all the different cheat engines and programs lol, so please have some patience with me lmao.
Geechie

Re: Player Age Bug When Using Fictional Draft Classes (Mackubex 2K14 UBR Mod)

Postby Mackubex on Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:41 pm

Geechie wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with using some fictional draft classes that I downloaded to use with this mod, as they may not be compatible with Mackubex's amazing roster mod due to some timeline issues. Of course, Mackubex's 2023 and 2024 real draft classes work wonderfully as they allow for each player to have a lengthy career due to their player ages (birth-year) being set to their real birthdays, which I can guess was done using a type of engine.

However, whenever I attempt to use one of my other draft classes that may not have been configured to be compatible with this roster, after about 4-6 years players are in their declining phase and/retiring without having the chance to reach a growth phase or prime. (ex; born in 1994 = 19/20 years of age based on 2k14's engine, but based on the association mode of Mack's mod, players born in 1993 or 1994 = 29/30 years of age, which causes the retirement early after 4-5 years pro.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone was able to point me in the right direction of where I could find a draft class or draft class(es) that have compatibility with Mack's roster, and or show me a way that I could be able to fix this issue myself using a engine.

Please Note, I am a newbie when it comes to all the different cheat engines and programs lol, so please have some patience with me lmao.

The draft classes' age depends on the roster you're using. For example if you use my 2023 Draft Class with my MX 2023 Roster or any roster which schedule uses the 2022-23 Season then they'll have their correct age BUT if you use it with an older roster which uses an older schedule then it will be wrong same thing with using an older draft class with a new roster.

Currently my 2023 Draft Class and 2024 Draft Class works on rosters using the 2022-23 schedule with the 2024 Draft class only should be loaded after your first season using the 2023 roster. If you use the 2024 draft class first using the 2023 roster then the players will be a year younger than they're supposed to be. For these draft classes to work with the roster you're using you'd need to edit their age on the draft class depending on what year the schedule is set on the roster.
Mackubex
Creator of the 2014-2024 Ultimate NBA 2K14 Draft Class | XX & MX Rosters | 2K14 Player Callnames Update

Re: Player Age Bug When Using Fictional Draft Classes (Mackubex 2K14 UBR Mod)

Postby Geechie on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:30 am

Thank you Mack for clearing that up for me!
Geechie

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding