[PC] Cannot load season file - Game crash

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

[PC] Cannot load season file - Game crash

Postby morrissey on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:10 am

Hi, hope everyone is fine. I have just registered so I could ask for some help and guidance. I was playing a full season with the Suns 1994 using the awesome UBR, but after playing the last game of the playoffs 1st round against the Grizzlies, the game shut down and now I can't load the season without the game crashing: it seems to load correctly, even I can open the menu but after a couple of seconds it shuts the whole game down.

Is there anyway I can fix this file with any kind of modding tool or something like that or should I be thinking of the next team/year I'm going to play with? :?

Thank you everyone!
morrissey

Re: [PC] Cannot load season file - Game crash

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:47 pm

Welcome!

Are you running into any other crashes playing with that roster in Play Now? If so, there might be an issue with the roster file itself, or something's gone wrong during installation (i.e. a missing or misplaced art file).

You could also trying starting a second season with that roster and simulating through to the Playoffs, and see if you can reproduce the error. If not, the save file might've developed a glitch along the way. For all its strong points, NBA 2K14 isn't infallible, and custom rosters can sometimes contribute bugs of their own, even if they're generally working fine.

If it's just a case of a missing art file, then that might be an easy fix. If the roster has an issue or the save has been glitched somehow, then moving on to the next roster/season you want to play is probably the way to go.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14