Retrospective of NBA 2K14 PS4 & X1 (Wayback Wednesday)

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Retrospective of NBA 2K14 PS4 & X1 (Wayback Wednesday)

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Since the new consoles are launching, I figured it'd only be appropriate to look back at the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of NBA 2K14 for this week's Wayback Wednesday. I realise that we've often focused on the PC releases in our community, but I do know that many of us have consoles as well, and this was a landmark title in many respects. Enjoy!

Wayback Wednesday: NBA 2K14 PS4 & X1 Retrospective

The age of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S is upon us! Although many of us will miss out on getting the consoles at launch - and I'm in that group - many other gamers will be hitting the virtual hardwood and blacktop in NBA 2K21 Next Gen over the coming days, weeks, and months. The rest of us will have to make do with NBA 2K21 Current Gen, or the hoops game of our choice that's available on PS4, X1, or PC. That doesn't mean we can't get our virtual basketball fix of course, but it does mean that we miss out on the excitement and hoopla of a Next Gen release.

Honestly, it doesn't feel like it was seven years ago that we were experiencing that with NBA 2K14 on PS4 and X1. After the OMG Trailer more than lived up to its name and blew us all away, we were eager to see if the game played as good as it looked. It seems as though many basketball gamers do have a lot of nostalgia for NBA 2K14 on PS4 and X1, but looking back, did it live up to the hype, and how well does it hold up now? As a new generation launches and Current Gen becomes Last Gen, let's take a look back...way back...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14