Please help

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Please help

Postby clronin7 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:22 am

Hi, I have this problem with mycareer , its my 3rd season and on a game with charlotte hornets, my game crashes after press interview, i need help to resolve this or if you can skip this game for me it would be appreciated.thanks in advance. link to save : https://ufile.io/alop0
clronin7

Re: Please help

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:28 am

I understand that you want help with this issue, but please don't make several posts about it, as that is essentially spamming the board. That's actually going to work against you getting a response, as it's just going to annoy people and make them feel less inclined to help out. I've removed the off-topic posts in the bugs thread, and in the Modding section. Please do not restore them, or continue to make duplicates of this post in new or existing topics. Thanks.

If you can provide any additional information about the situation, including whether you're using any mods or made any edits yourself, someone might be able to help out. The only thing I could suggest would be to keep aside a backup of the save, and try the "Play Next Key Game" option (if you haven't already), first to see how many games you end up skipping, and also to see if the issue persists after the simulation to the next key game. From there, you can decide whether you want to continue and just live with however many games it simulated. It may not be the most desirable fix, but it may be the only viable workaround, if indeed you haven't already tried doing so.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby clronin7 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 am

I already tried to skip to next key game but this game is key because Im facing kemba walker in the hornets, and yes Im using mods like new jerseys, courts, shoes, sounds and toxicity global.
clronin7

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:10 am

You can always try backing up the mods and restoring the original files, just to see if any of them are causing problems. I'm not sure any of those mods would cause that issue - a custom roster or a modded save file would be the more likely causes - but the only way to know for sure is by a process of elimination.

If the save has somehow become damaged or corrupted, I'm not sure there's much you or anyone else can do.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby clronin7 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 am

Can playing to an older save help save the issue? Because ihave been using the mackubex roster and i have not encountered any problems before. Or maybe simulating many games can somehow contribute to the problem?
clronin7

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:17 pm

It's possible there's a bug, either in the game or the roster, that's the culprit. If you do have an older save backed up, then that's good news as you can at least try going back to it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby clronin7 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks, Im progressing even tho i had to return before winning the playoffs. I keep old saves cause 2k really has a lot of bugs.
clronin7

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 pm

It's definitely a good idea to have backups and staggered saves. It sucks to lose progress, but it's better than losing the entire save.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K14