[Tool] NBA 2K Audio Editor (Leftos & nesa24)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA 2K Audio Editor (Leftos & nesa24)

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 am

Maybe you can upload the errorlog.txt file or post it's contents so they can troubleshoot.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Amroth on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 am

Sorry for prob off topic, Anyone got some suggestion for some soundtrack?
Without hip-hop song plz!!!!
Again Incredible work nesa and leftos!!
:)
Amroth

Postby Vespasian92 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 am

Tip that might help some people getting errors when importing their own MP3s. The Audio Editor must not be in it's own folder, and you must leave it in the same place you export it to. Putting it in the same place it was exported fixed the errors I was getting.
Vespasian92

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:12 am

Vespasian92, can you give me some examples as to which actions "break" the Audio Editor, so that I can fix those behaviors that are obviously buggy?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:13 am

Make sure you make a copy of the jukeboxmusic.bin file and and put it somewhere like your desktop. After you finish editing and changing your songs take this jukeboxmusic.bin file and put it in the 2k13 directory folder (main 2k13 folder). I think that is what Vespasian92 is saying... it worked for me. No more errors
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 am

I have directly edited jukeboxmusic.bin even when it's in the NBA 2K13 folder. However, and I can't say this enough...

YOU SHOULD NEVER EDIT GAME FILES INSIDE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING!

If you do, one of the following two things will happen:
1. The file is in use, and so the tool will either crash with an IOException (File in use) error or will show a cute message if the developer has thought of implementing such a check (which apparently I haven't).
2. The file is not in use, but the game might have made some assumptions about the file's contents, say by doing a quick check on startup. However, since it made those assumptions or calculations or whatever, you have edited that file, so any of those assumptions may now be false, leading to undefined behavior and/or crashing of the game. I learned that the hard way when replacing a file with a mod between quarters in a game allowed me to keep playing for a couple of minutes, and then the game crashed horribly to desktop.

In any case, I'll add a check on whether the NBA 2K audio file can be opened once you try to export to it, and have the tool not crash.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby yeltrah123 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 am

Here is the error i get :
Code: Select all
Error Report for NBA 2K Audio Editor
Version 0.3.0.0

Developer information: Unhandled Exception
Exception information:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: value
   at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
   at NBA2KAudio.MainWindow.WavToxWMADat(String tempWavePath, String datFilePath) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA2KAudio\NBA2KAudio\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 287
   at NBA2KAudio.MainWindow.btnSelectSong_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA2KAudio\NBA2KAudio\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 214
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception information:
No inner exception information.
Last edited by Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Always surround error reports in [code] tags
yeltrah123

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:34 am

yeltrah123, your file isn't getting correctly converted to an XMA. What are you trying to use as a song? An MP3? Do all songs do that, or just a specific file or set of files?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Vespasian92 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 am

Leftos wrote:Vespasian92, can you give me some examples as to which actions "break" the Audio Editor, so that I can fix those behaviors that are obviously buggy?

It just looks like I missed the SOX folder the first time when I had moved everything to another location. It was my fault, and I don't think it's buggy. Maybe just tell other people who had that happen and see if they have the SOX folder and the rest of the files in different locations.
Vespasian92

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 am

Yeah, the Sox folder is required to be there along with everything else. :P I may have to make the tool a bit more fool-proof in that regard, I don't care to do such checks when first building a tool.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Krizzy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:29 am

AirAaron32 wrote:
phpBB [video]

my test

Ey yo bro!! can you send me the files of your songs? :roll: By the way, Excellent work nesa24 and leftos!!! :bowdown: :bowdown2:
SC30 & DR01
Image Image
Krizzy

Postby buddaking on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 am

Can somebody tell me if you can hear the custom music during intro gameplay? i play a four minute quarter game and i have not once heard the custom music during intro or when you call a timeout during gameplay. i only hear the custom music in the main menu when i have selected it.
buddaking

Postby mr24yoso on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 am

it's working for me perfectly :D :D :D . i'll make all the folders(the bin file,nba2k audio editor,edit songs) in one location in my desktop. thank you sir for this tools. ur awesome. 1OOO/1OOO!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
mr24yoso

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 am

buddaking, jukeboxmusic.bin doesn't apply to in-game music. In-game sounds must be in another file.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buddaking on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am

Oh okay, understandable, Thanks for the reply.
buddaking

Postby Hiteshom on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

every time I try to play a song in-game, it works, but then no other songs play.
Hiteshom

Postby Leftos on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

The 2K Beats will pause after the song ends if you try to play it manually. Music in the menus goes from song to song normally.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Hiteshom on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Leftos wrote:The 2K Beats will pause after the song ends if you try to play it manually. Music in the menus goes from song to song normally.

I just was playing and heard my song, after that I didn't hear the music again :(
Hiteshom

Postby A$AP-Pookie on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Thank you guys , you're awesome !

Here's mine :

phpBB [video]
http://www.forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=90858
Comment me and you'll be commented too.
A$AP-Pookie

Postby pngblood on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Thank you for this! :bowdown: :applaud:
Through Thick And Thin
pngblood

Postby Walker #1 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 pm

@leftos

Here in greece,we are so proud for you!

Congratulatios,i wish you good luck in Nba2k development team!

ΜΠΡΑΒΟ ΚΑΙ ΠΑΛΙ!!! :wink:

P.S. The software works perfectly :)
Walker #1

Postby erikas314 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 pm

How about other sound files? Commentaries, players names? How to edit them?
erikas314

Postby ConfigSys on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:45 am

After all someone success to make this for starting line up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLIoOojHkc
ConfigSys

Postby nesa24 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 am

erikas314 wrote:How about other sound files? Commentaries, players names? How to edit them?
ConfigSys wrote:After all someone success to make this for starting line up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLIoOojHkc

Step by step guys
Step by step
Please don't rush or pressure
All men dream: but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
This I did.
nesa24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding