Med's Ultimate Roster v1.1b RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.9 RELEASED

Postby julsnice on Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 am

Medevenx wrote:Well I JUST got REDitor. Been toying around with it so far and I've been able to make the 10 teams actual teams (not CATs anymore) with real-working stadiums. I've also updated the ratings with new formulas.

What's done?
-Ratings (all the ratings have been updated with brand new formulas that make them more accurate)
-Shoes (sort of, talking to jampasir about them)
-Name Changes (all necessary name changes have been done)
-Transactions (yeah that too)
-All-Star Teams Unlocked
-10 Teams Made Official

What is going to be done?
-Courts (courts for the 10 added teams)
-Gear (haven't updated the gear in a while)

What needs to be done but can't yet?
-Add Gear Color Choices (REDitor doesn't have the clone feature yet which I think I need to do this)
-Add Teams (REDitor doesn't have the clone feature yet which I think I need to do this)

Sweeeet!
FYI I donated $5 to your PayPal dude
Definitely appreciate your work, the last roster download was entertaining for playing with old classic teams but the created team logos\uniforms\stadiums were a real reality breaker for me

Do you plan to release what you have done so far? I don't really care for waiting for more teams or accessories colors
julsnice

Postby Phreezy P on Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 am

Good to hear progress has been made.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby mufcrlz on Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Awesome can't wait!
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. - Michael Jordan
My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.' - Tupac Shakur
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.Say there ain't no hope for the youth and the truth is it ain't no hope for tha future. - Tupac Shakur
mufcrlz

Postby Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 am

julsnice wrote:Sweeeet!
FYI I donated $5 to your PayPal dude
Definitely appreciate your work, the last roster download was entertaining for playing with old classic teams but the created team logos\uniforms\stadiums were a real reality breaker for me

Do you plan to release what you have done so far? I don't really care for waiting for more teams or accessories colors

Thank you for the donation but I think you sent me 5 Php instead which is practically 25 cents lol.

Anyway a lot of work has been put so far in the next update.

I used up to 4 Excel files and used a lot of sports stats sites just to get the ratings right.

I've also made all coach information accurate from names, to experience, to even stats and height. I've finished half of the teams' rotations so you can assume they're ready to go. I just need to update some transactions with newly acquired players for other teams like Justin Holiday for 76ers, etc.

I'm still experimenting with REDitor. I believe I can add jersey slots, etc. but I need to continue experimenting. Adding teams still isn't available because the clone feature still isn't in.

What I'm waiting for now is word from jampasir because he told me he had new shoes which will be included in the next update. It's been a really productive day to say the least. Going to take the weekend off though and spend it with my family then it's back to work. :)

Jerseys colors and courts for the added retro teams are now accurate. However, I'm still trying to figure out if I can place that small logo of the team on the scoreboard.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby simonphoenix on Fri May 03, 2013 2:36 pm

noob question I've just installed 2k 13 do I need any of the earlier versions of the roster to get started or can I just install version 0.9
simonphoenix

Postby theEGG on Fri May 03, 2013 2:39 pm

wont start my association, not until meds v1.

why?

ACCURATE SHOES
ACCURATE ACCESSORIES
ACCURATE
ACCU
ACC
AC
AW
AWE
AWES
AWESOME
AWESOME I WANT TO NAME MY 1ST BORN CHILD TO MEDEVENX
theEGG

Postby CharlesM on Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Sir can you also add a playoff version of your roster? I mean roster with accurate rotations used in this playoffs including injuries like westbrook etc. Thanks!
CharlesM

Postby Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 pm

simonphoenix wrote:noob question I've just installed 2k 13 do I need any of the earlier versions of the roster to get started or can I just install version 0.9

You need to have all of the main folder files downloaded in order to play v0.9 but a v1.0 is coming out soon anyway. :)

Thank you all for your support and patience. Things have been going smooth so far.

With further tinkering, I unlocked the 10 retro teams I added for Blacktop mode. You will now also be able to sign them to the NBA, trade them, etc. They will be in the Legends selection for Blacktop.

Not only that, I was able to add jersey slots for teams so that the '04 Timberwolves would have their Away (Blue) and Alternate (Black) available for selection. I would probably be able to add slots for the current teams now.

I'm also trying to get the BBVA Rising Stars thing to work (having them all have different jerseys) since I was able to do this once before with the Roster Editor. I tried it with REDitor by changing the parameters to go along with the Ballers and Ringers but to no avail. It is definitely possible and I'm determined to tinker around more to find out how but if it will delay the release of the roster I will disregard it.
Last edited by Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v1.0 PREVIEW

Postby PhilJackson on Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Yo meds , i think there is a problem when you add the 10 teams as a legal team..
I noticed that you can't start association when there is more than 30 NBA teams , i tested it out on sir jaos' 84 team roster.
can you fix that ? :)
PhilJackson

Postby Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 pm

PhilJackson wrote:Yo meds , i think there is a problem when you add the 10 teams as a legal team..
I noticed that you can't start association when there is more than 30 NBA teams , i tested it out on sir jaos' 84 team roster.
can you fix that ? :)

My 10 added teams are Legends teams (different Team Type) so Association will work with the current NBA.

We've also worked on changing the skin tones of players so that they're more accurate.

Here are Bledsoe and Hayes. Others like Derrick Williams have already received this treatment and some like Jarret Jack may also receive it. As usual, body types have been updated.
Last edited by Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby PhilJackson on Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 pm

^Thanks for the info (Y)
PhilJackson

Postby Like A Boss on Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Woo, that's sweet! Can't wait to try it man.
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Medevenx on Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Previews of the courts courtesy of retroman, and the working official jerseys.

I will also be adding ANOTHER new feature to the roster patch! Try to guess what it is. I feel so sorry for the people that I haven't updated that I will need to come up with more ideas to get people to feel that the wait was worth it.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat May 04, 2013 3:33 am

Great work bro. And don't feel sorry. People know that it will be worth the wait. I know this is awesome but I have only one hope, that maybe you will release this one before the 2nd rounds ;)
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Nikkolo on Sat May 04, 2013 3:48 am

I absolutely love your work Meds and I am a huge fan. I was wondering if this mod will have the missing legends that aren't in the game such as Artis Gilmore, Julius Irving, Chris Webber, Glen Rice, Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the Lakers and others. I hope so it would be great.
Nikkolo

Postby Maximus89 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:49 am

On top of the 10 teams you already had, which other 10 did you add? I hope you stuck with mostly 90's and early 200's :) Def. wanna see Barkley Suns team in there.
Maximus89

Postby Nikkolo on Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 am

Maximus89 wrote:On top of the 10 teams you already had, which other 10 did you add? I hope you stuck with mostly 90's and early 200's :) Def. wanna see Barkley Suns team in there.

I'm with you there, I'd personally like to see the 2000-2001 Lakers that won 3 straight titles rather than the 03-04 Lakers who were ultimate failures in the NBA Finals lol.
Nikkolo

Postby Medevenx on Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Great work bro. And don't feel sorry. People know that it will be worth the wait. I know this is awesome but I have only one hope, that maybe you will release this one before the 2nd rounds ;)

Well if the HOU-OKC series goes to Game 7. lol

Nikkolo wrote:I absolutely love your work Meds and I am a huge fan. I was wondering if this mod will have the missing legends that aren't in the game such as Artis Gilmore, Julius Irving, Chris Webber, Glen Rice, Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the Lakers and others. I hope so it would be great.

They've been there since v0.1 :)

Maximus89 wrote:On top of the 10 teams you already had, which other 10 did you add? I hope you stuck with mostly 90's and early 200's :) Def. wanna see Barkley Suns team in there.

Well when we start expanding, Charles Barkley's Suns is very first on the list. I'll be sure to add more interesting teams too. I don't really like adding teams from 2005+ because we got to play those teams with great consoles already. We'll be sticking with 90s and early 2000s teams for the mean time.

Nikkolo wrote:I'm with you there, I'd personally like to see the 2000-2001 Lakers that won 3 straight titles rather than the 03-04 Lakers who were ultimate failures in the NBA Finals lol.

I definitely had a bias there because the year the Pistons won, our entire street were rooting for the Pistons and I've never seen such a community of people be involved and united in something such as sports lol. We all hated the Lakers for beating the Kings and the Pistons were an underdog that was really fun to watch.

Anyway, the bonus feature that will be included in v1.0 is in the implementation of iamLillard's Ultimate Jersey Project where additional jersey slots will be added for teams that warrant them so there will be more choices in choosing jerseys!

I've been trying to get the Warriors Sleeved Shirt thing to work but to no avail. More updates coming so be prepared because I'll be showing a lot of screenshots of the progress I've made just to make up for my absence. :)

I've also made the name change from New Orleans Hornets to New Orleans Pelicans.

I've also changed the shorts length of the '91 Chicago Bulls to match the length of the other '91 teams like the Lakers, Warriors, and Blazers since theirs was longer than the rest for some reason. I've actually done a lot of work with the retro teams like coach changes, color changes, etc.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby GeorgeCostanza on Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 am

holy bleep. sabonis :shock: . this is going to be amazing. can't wait, and thanks
GeorgeCostanza

Postby Maximus89 on Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 am

Hey anyway you can make some of these retro teams from 93+ shorts longer? Shaq and Penny Magic for example wore their shorts just a bit over the knee. Way too short in the game.
Maximus89

Postby mlp111 on Sat May 04, 2013 11:25 am

this is going :applaud: to be awesome!
mlp111

Postby Gigabyte on Sat May 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Medevenx wrote:Anyway, the bonus feature that will be included in v1.0 is in the implementation of iamLillard's Ultimate Jersey Project where additional jersey slots will be added for teams that warrant them so there will be more choices in choosing jerseys!

Aw, man! I really wanted that feature in my roster. :( You beat me at this, I guess. ;) (Y)

The best of the best — all in ONE roster. Check it out! (Y)

C'mon, click here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=90375. You know you want to. :cheeky: ;)
Gigabyte

Postby Medevenx on Sat May 04, 2013 3:33 pm

GeorgeCostanza wrote:holy bleep. sabonis :shock: . this is going to be amazing. can't wait, and thanks

He's actually been there since v0.3 or v0.4 I think. :)

Maximus89 wrote:Hey anyway you can make some of these retro teams from 93+ shorts longer? Shaq and Penny Magic for example wore their shorts just a bit over the knee. Way too short in the game.

I could actually. But I think they have to be short just to match the other teams in their year.

mlp111 wrote:this is going :applaud: to be awesome!

Thanks! I need to give back something to the users! :)

Gigabyte wrote:Aw, man! I really wanted that feature in my roster. :( You beat me at this, I guess. ;) (Y)

Well I'm quick on my feet lol. And I want to give the best experience to all the users. :)

Karl Malone Skin Color Updates by Brent Breezy and '98 Bulls Alternate unlocked! :) I also went as far as editing the gear colors for the Practice Jerseys so that they would be as accurate as the Current NBA gear because I just found out that the Scrimmage in Practice Mode is really fun lol.

jampasir also just sent me his newest unreleased shoe pack specifically for this roster so we're really close to a release! Just need to add the remaining missing players and fix some gear.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Maverick on Sat May 04, 2013 3:58 pm

:bowdown: amazing!! :bowdown2:
Maverick
for Life

Postby Gigabyte on Sat May 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Medevenx wrote:Well I'm quick on my feet lol. And I want to give the best experience to all the users. :)

I see that. :D Nice way to make a comback, bro. (Y) By the way, I sent you some pm's. Seen 'em already? :)

EDIT: Regarding the jerseys: don't you think it would be great if you made a universal jersey list like what you did with the cf's? It'll be of great use to other roster makers (read: me) that want the same feature in their works. iamLillard's jersey packs would indeed be a good place to start. So, what do you say?
Last edited by Gigabyte on Sat May 04, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best of the best — all in ONE roster. Check it out! (Y)

C'mon, click here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=90375. You know you want to. :cheeky: ;)
Gigabyte

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding