2K13 Roster Editor?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2K13 Roster Editor?

Postby Timberwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:51 am

Hello NLSC Forum!

I am asking for some help. I need a roster editor that works with NBA 2K13.
(I know it's an old game, but I have some custom rosters for it I want to play with.)

The roster editor I've seen available on this site doesn't seem to allow editing of all the player info.

I would like something that will let me change at least:
Name
Height/Weight
Position
Jersey #
Cyberface ID

I did find something called Red MC (Modding Center) 4.3 by Vlad Zola Jr. but I don't know if I can trust this program.

An online virus scan for this tested positive for several viruses.

Can anyone confirm whether this program is safe to use, or provide a safe working link to download?

If not, any suggestions on how I could edit this game?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!
This topic was moved from NBA 2K13 by Andrew on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:06 am.
Timberwolf

Re: 2K13 Roster Editor?

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

Welcome to the NLSC!

RED MC is safe, those are false positives. Not all functionality is available in the free version however, so depending on what you want to edit, you'll need to buy the appropriate license. More information can be found here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Timberwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Andrew wrote:Welcome to the NLSC!

RED MC is safe, those are false positives. Not all functionality is available in the free version however, so depending on what you want to edit, you'll need to buy the appropriate license. More information can be found here.
Andrew, thanks for the reply!

I trust you, since I see that you're Administrator!
However, I still don't know if I can trust this RED MC program!

Looking around in the thread you linked to, the direct download link for version v.1.2.4 is automatically blocked by Firefox, and triggers an alert for a "Reported Unwanted Software Page" which according to Firefox "are websites that try to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience"

I see that Vlad's website (redmc.red-mods.com) is completely gone, it pulls up a 403 Forbidden error.

I found the NLSC thread containing a link to the most recent version of the editor v.4.3.0.0 which is hosted on a "Yandex Disk" site.
(https://yadi.sk/d/YfrknRzY3Ny4ye)
Downloading the file instantly triggers a warning in Firefox "This file contains a virus or malware" and the download is prevented.

I went ahead and downloaded anyway, and uploaded the file to VirusTotal.com
It resulted in 11 engines detecting the file as a virus.

(link to the results)
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/d32df ... /detection

I know that modding programs can turn up false positives, but this seems highly unusual.

Reading the NLSC thread about this program, it seems like people have had a hard time contacting the creator lately.
Since his website is gone, it seems like he may not support this project anymore.
This makes me wonder if his links may have been replaced with malicious software.

Hopefully nobody gets a computer virus from browsing NLSC for a basketball game editor!
(Although maybe this software is just written is such a way that it resembles viruses.)

Can you, or is anyone, able to confirm that this RED MC v.4.3 is safe to download from that Yandex link?
Should I also post this information in the thread about the "RED Modding Center"?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!
Timberwolf

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:12 pm

The latest version is in our Downloads section, but it'll likely still trigger a false positive. It's the nature of the software, unfortunately. Vlad is pretty busy these days (he's actually working as a programmer for Visual Concepts now), so it can take a while for him to get back to you, but he is still licenses for RED MC.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Timberwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Andrew wrote:The latest version is in our Downloads section, but it'll likely still trigger a false positive. It's the nature of the software, unfortunately. Vlad is pretty busy these days (he's actually working as a programmer for Visual Concepts now), so it can take a while for him to get back to you, but he is still licenses for RED MC.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't notice that you had downloads available from here at nba-live.com!
Okay, I feel much better downloading it directly from here.
(Though it looks like it does turn up the same virus results. :( )

Sounds like you are vouching for Vlad and his software as being legit, so I will trust you.
This is exactly what I was looking for!
(I hope you can understand why this program might seem a little suspicious :P )

It also appears that the "How To Buy" link on his redmc site is still working, so it might still be supported.
(Maybe he just redesigned his site?)

I will try this out today. Hopefully the free version will be all I need.
I'm looking forward to working on my rosters!

If I need any help using the program, is this a good section of the forum to ask questions?

Thanks for all your help. Cheers!
Timberwolf

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

I've been wondering if we need to emphasise the Downloads section a little more here in the Forum. The link on the front page is fairly prominent, but I guess it might be easy to overlook in the Forum's navigation bars.

The Modding section here is definitely fine for any modding-related questions. A lot of questions have been answered in the stickied RED MC topic of course, so you might want to look there first, and reply to that topic with any further queries, since people familiar with RED MC tend to check it out and post there.

If you have any issues purchasing licenses, you might want to to email Vlad directly. Sometimes it can take a while for him to get back to you, but he's the only one who can troubleshoot issues from the merchant end.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding