NLSC Podcast - Episode #268 (December 9th, 2018)

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #257 (July 22nd, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 pm

As I'm the only one free to record this week, we're going to have to postpone Episode #258 until next week. I had a shot at recording a solo show like the two I did earlier in the year, but it really wasn't working out this evening. As such, I invite you to join us next week, when we should hopefully be back on the air to discuss a couple of weeks of news!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #258 (August 5th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:28 am

Episode #258 (August 5th, 2018)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

Episode #258 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We're back on the air after taking an unexpected break last week, giving us a fortnight of news to discuss. Join Arcane and I as we chat about the recent developments in basketball gaming including female Create-a-Player in NBA Live 19, the first developer blog for NBA 2K19, and the big announcement regarding NBA 2K Playgrounds 2.

On this week's show...

• EA Sports has announced the addition of Female Create-a-Player in NBA Live 19. It's a cool addition to The One, though predictably, there have been some childish reactions to the news.
  • While we still want to hear about the NBA side of things in NBA Live 19, a few other interesting tidbits have been revealed, including court customisation. A recent interview also acknowledged the possibility of NBA Live returning to the PC platform.
  • The first NBA 2K19 developer blog delivered some great news about MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE Online. While we've been conditioned to take developer blogs with a grain of salt, it seems that a lot of great work has gone into the franchise experience this year.
  • Looking back at last year's preview season, we expect the flow of information to be steadier from here on out. We talk a little about some of the details we want to hear about.
  • We now know that 2K Sports will be publishing NBA Playgrounds 2, now titled NBA 2K Playgrounds 2. It remains to be seen what it'll mean for the game, and we do have some concerns. Also, we'd like to see EA bring NBA Jam back.
  • Episode #258 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with a quick chat about some recent NBA news, including Dwyane Wade's future and new team branding.

Click here to listen to the show!

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if you have a listener question or a topic that you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, post it here and we'll consider it for the upcoming show.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes! You can also find us on Stitcher.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #259 (August 19th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Episode #259 (August 19th, 2018)

Hosts: Andrew, Kenny, & The X

Episode #259 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Kenny, The X, and I as we discuss the past couple of weeks in basketball gaming news, which included several impressive screenshots and details on One Court customisation in NBA Live 19, a gameplay trailer and MyTEAM developer blog for NBA 2K19, and more.

On this week's show...

• EA Sports has been dropping some very impressive screenshots of NBA Live 19, and revealing some player ratings. We give our thoughts on both.
  • One Court customisation has been officially announced for NBA Live 19, revealing some content that is very appealing to us.
  • Before we get to this week's NBA 2K19 news, we revisit the developer blog for MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE Online to share some additional thoughts.
  • We have our first NBA 2K19 gameplay trailer, titled "Take the Crown". Did it wow us the same way the OMG Trailer once did?
  • The latest developer blog for NBA 2K19 dropped a ton of information about MyTEAM. We discuss everything that we've gleaned from it.
  • Naturally we're disappointed to hear that "Creator" by Santigold isn't on the NBA 2K19 soundtrack, but we talk about it anyway.
  • We wrap up Episode #259 of the NLSC Podcast with a quick discussion of the unfortunate and somewhat controversial forfeit by the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces.

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if you have a listener question or a topic that you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, post it here and we'll consider it for the upcoming show.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes! You can also find us on Stitcher.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #260 (August 26th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Episode #260 (August 26th, 2018)

Episode #260 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and I as we recap a busy week in basketball gaming news and previews, which included the release of the NBA Live 19 demo. We have our detailed impressions to share with the community, as well as our thoughts on everything that we learned about NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19 over the past seven days.

On this week's show...

• We have our first hands-on experience with NBA Live 19 following the release of the game's demo! In our impressions, we break down what we liked and disliked, as well as what's improved and what still needs improvement.
  • Trailers and developer blogs have given us an insight into what to expect from the extended experience in The One. It's not the traditional experience we're still wanting the game to provide, but the additions do look and sound good.
  • The NBA Live 19 soundtrack has been revealed. We've given it a listen, and have a couple of thoughts to share.
  • Judging by the NBA 2K19 MyCAREER trailer, this year's story is going to be a lot better. The ability to skip cutscenes and The Prelude is appealing too, though we still have some concerns.
  • Private matchmaking has been added to Pro-Am in NBA 2K19. We absolutely approve, even if we are a little burned out on the mode.
  • A few snippets about gameplay are being released ahead of the developer blogs, and they do sound quite promising.
  • We wrap up Episode #260 of the NLSC Podcast with our reactions to the impact of Belgian law on MyTEAM, and wonder whether we'll continue to see changes worldwide.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #261 (September 2nd, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:27 am

Episode #261 (September 2nd, 2018)

Episode #261 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and I for a discussion of the latest news heading into the final stretch before the release of NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19, including our impressions of NBA 2K19 The Prelude.

On this week's show...

• The official NBA Live website has released some snippets about Ultimate Team in NBA Live 19. It seems as though packs will feature a lot more transparency this year.
  • Xbox One Gamers have been getting their hands on a trial of the full version of NBA Live 19 via EA Access. We discuss some of the details and impressions that have been shared with the community.
  • Once again, we reiterate our desire to see more focus on NBA content in NBA Live moving forward, and our hopes for the future in that regard.
  • NBA 2K19 The Prelude is out, along with the MyNBA2K19 app. We give our impressions on this year's sneak peek of NBA 2K19, from face scanning to the MyCAREER story and gameplay.
  • We react to the NBA 2K19 Neighborhood trailer, as well as other info on NBA 2K19's iteration of the MyCAREER game world/hub.
  • Episode #261 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with our thoughts on Manu Ginobili's retirement, and his impressive NBA career.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #262 (September 9th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Episode #262 (September 9th, 2018)

Hosts: Andrew
Special Guests: Josh & Dave from Namo Gamo

Episode #262 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! This week, I'm presenting my interview with Josh and Dave from Namo Gamo, in which we talk about their fantastic retro-oriented PC game, Basketball Classics! We also talk about the process and difficulty of video game design, some of our favourite NBA memories, and a lot more.

It was a really fun interview, and I very much enjoyed getting some insight into an awesome game that already feels very polished, even in Early Access on Steam. We've discussed Basketball Classics in previous episodes of the NLSC Podcast, and will definitely have more coverage of the game moving forward. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll enjoy my chat with Josh and Dave.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #262 (September 9th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Due to intermittent connection issues, we have to postpone this week's Podcast. Providing the issues are cleared up ASAP, we'll be back on the air next week. For the same reason, there may be a delay in replying to emails and messages. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #263 (September 23rd, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:57 am

Episode #263 (September 23rd, 2018)

Hosts: Andrew & Kenny

Episode #263 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! With no connection issues this week - well, fewer connection issues, anyway - Kenny and I are back on the air to provide our initial impressions of NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19. We also discuss the latest trailer and news for NBA 2K Playgrounds 2.

On this week's show...

• We tip off this week's show with our thoughts on NBA Live 19, covering everything from gameplay and game modes to face scanning and commentary. There are definitely positives, though naturally we do have a few criticisms, too.
  • IGN awarded NBA Live 19 a score of 7.9, their best score for an NBA Live title this generation. We discuss the significance of the score, the progress NBA Live has made, and the direction the game is heading in.
  • NBA 2K19 has been described as the game we should've received last year. We discuss whether that's a fair assessment, and offer up our own impressions. Suffice to say we have our gripes, but there are also aspects of the game we really like. We even have some nice things to say about the MyCAREER story!
  • We wrap up Episode #263 of the NLSC Podcast with our thoughts on the latest NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 trailer, and some news about the forthcoming release.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #264 (November 4th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Episode #264 (November 4th, 2018)

Episode #264 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! After a long hiatus, Arcane and I are back to our weekly discussions about basketball video games, and a little bit of real basketball as well. Since it's been several weeks and patches since the last episode, we have a few things to catch up on!

On this week's show...

• We tip off the episode with some housekeeping matters, including an explanation for our unplanned hiatus.
  • NBA Live 19 has received some significant updates since launch, and the game is better for it. We discuss the various additions and changes, what we'd still like to see, and the modes we've been playing.
  • Updates have also been pushed through for NBA 2K19, though a couple of much-desired changes have yet to be made. Apart from that though, we do have some positive impressions and stories to share.
  • NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 launched during our hiatus. Has the partnership between 2K Sports and Saber Interactive yielded a better product than last year's release?
  • Turning our attention to modding, we talk about the enjoyment and satisfaction of updating an old favourite. This time, it's a work-in-progress roster update for NBA 2K11.
  • Episode #264 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with a quick discussion of the real NBA, including a career night for Derrick Rose, and a contentious situation with Jimmy Butler.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #265 (November 11th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:34 am

Episode #265 (November 11th, 2018)

Episode #265 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and I as we discuss the official updates for NBA Live 19, online play in NBA 2K19, and recent NBA news.

On this week's show...

• EA Sports has been pushing through patches for NBA Live 19 on a weekly basis, but the community is growing a little frustrated with the lack of adjustments to gameplay and game modes. Could the updates for NBA Live 19 stand to be more substantial?
  • The NLSC crew had more fun playing The Playground than the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19 this week. We were glad to have some fun hooping together online, but we're still disappointed in the new approach to NBA 2K's Pro-Am modes.
  • Speaking of online play, could NBA Live and NBA 2K be doing more to reward good teamwork and punish bad sportsmanship?
  • We wrap up Episode #265 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's NBA discussion. Topics include Kyrie Irving's post-game outburst, a trade for Jimmy Butler, and Carmelo Anthony's future.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #266 (November 18th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:43 am

Episode #266 (November 18th, 2018)

Episode #266 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and myself as we give our thoughts on Patch 1.14 for NBA Live 19, discuss a promising development in the fight against online cheaters, and catch up with some recent NBA news. Also, it's the return of Our Week in Basketball Gaming!

On this week's show...

• Patch 1.14 has come through for NBA Live 19. It's a significant update, but does it address all of our most pressing concerns regarding gameplay and content?
  • Sony has patented technology intended to detect cheaters who are using lag switches. Needless to say, this could be very good news for online basketball gaming.
  • Our Week in Basketball Gaming is back! This week, we enjoyed Court Battles, LIVE Events, LIVE Run, and The League in NBA Live 19. Meanwhile, the grind is on in NBA 2K19's MyCAREER.
  • We wrap up Episode #266 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's NBA discussion. Topics include Kemba Walker's 60 point game, the latest development in the Carmelo Anthony saga, and Donovan Mitchell's dubiously historical performance.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #267 (December 2nd, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Episode #267 (December 2nd, 2018)

Episode #267 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Unfortunately illness and jetlag got in the way of us recording an episode last week, but Kenny and I are back this week to catch up on the latest news and talk about what we've been doing on the virtual hardwood.

On this week's show...

• Patch 1.15 has come through for NBA Live 19. We discuss the latest changes, recap some of the other additions and fixes in recent patches, and give our thoughts on where the game is at after a couple of months.
  • EA Sports recently announced that NBA Live Mobile is the most downloaded basketball game this year. We reflect on how it's helped the brand, even if it's not something we're into ourselves.
  • NBA 2K19 has also received another update recently, namely Patch 1.06. Unfortunately we still haven't seen the functionality we want to see patched back in for 2K Pro-Am, but there have been some other noteworthy and welcome changes.
  • The in-universe value of Virtual Currency in NBA 2K19's Neighborhood is truly astonishing this year. We note some of the oddities and issues with the exchange rate.
  • Could a new college football game be paving the way for other college sports titles, including basketball? Can a sports game without licensing succeed in 2018?
  • Our Week in Basketball Gaming included setting records in MyCAREER, playing with WNBA players and taking control of courts in NBA Live 19, and trying to unlock a team that's close to our hearts in Basketball Classics.
  • We wrap up Episode #267 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's NBA talk. Topics include surprising results in the East and West, standout rookies, and more thoughts on Carmelo Anthony.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #268 (December 9th, 2018)

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Episode #268 (December 9th, 2018)

Episode #268 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! This week, Kenny and I have new content and title updates for NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19 to discuss, some NBA news to catch up on, and as always, some stories about what we've been doing on the virtual hardwood.

On this week's show...

• The December 4th content update for NBA Live 19 features some worthwhile fixes and additions. However, we're still left wanting a little more out of the game.
  • Patch 1.07 for NBA 2K19 likewise provides a few welcome fixes and new content. It also includes a gameplay adjustment that should cut down on some online cheese.
  • Our Week in Basketball Gaming saw some fantastic performances, a determined grind for more VC, and a few less-than-stellar random online teammates (except for one).
  • We wrap up Episode #268 of the NLSC Podcast with the usual NBA discussion. This week's topics include recent trades and signings, parity in the West, and the continuation of an unofficial Melo Watch segment.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to NLSC Hub