NLSC Podcast #519: Infinite NBA Modes To Keep Us Hooked

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:55 am

NLSC Podcast

The NLSC Podcast is our official weekly podcast featuring members of the NLSC Team, in which we discuss NBA Live, NBA 2K, community news, the real NBA, and occasionally other relevant topics that pique our interest. This is the central discussion topic for the Podcast, where you'll always find a link to the latest episode in the first post, as well as links to the complete archive and episode guides. Topic suggestions and mailbag questions are also welcome here. We look forward to hearing from our listeners, and hope you enjoy the show!

Hosts: Andrew & Dee4Three

We're tipping things off this week with a strange (but not altogether surprising) incident on Twitter/X. Indeed, the quality of discourse on social media is on our minds this week, as we feel compelled to respond to the latest ridiculous narrative being pushed about Michael Jordan and NBA history. We also check in with Troydan's quest to pull a 100 Overall card in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, and discuss the new mobile game, NBA Infinite. In this week's mailbag/featured discussion, we join the community in reminiscing about the basketball video game modes that have kept us hooked over the years, and the titles that we played them in.

Tune in here!

Join in the conversation right here in the Forum! Additionally, feel free to hit us up with any feedback on the episode, as well as mailbag questions and topic suggestions for future episodes. The show also comes out on our YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe for future episodes and other video content.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! You can also find us on Stitcher.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #52 (October 31st, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:03 am

Just to reiterate, this will be the central discussion thread for the NLSC Podcast moving forward. A link to the latest episode will always be featured in the first post, along with links to the complete archives and listener mailbag thread.

Episode #52 (October 31st, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & JaoSming

Episode #52 of the NLSC Podcast is out now and for once, we were able to record a show without some big news breaking within an hour of us finishing up. Nevertheless, there was still plenty to talk about this week, so please join Arcane, JaoSming and myself as we recap and react to the latest NBA Live 14, NBA 2K14 and NBA news.

• Last week's NBA Live 14 Developer Blog delivered some insight into Signature Styles and dribbling controls. Was it what we were hoping to hear?
  • The PlayStation 4 Trophies have been revealed, giving us a few snippets on NBA Live 14's game modes. Dynasty Mode is back!
  • A few more details on Ultimate Team have also been made available, leading us to ponder: Ultimate Team or MyTEAM?
  • We react to the latest soundtrack reveals, as well as the newest screenshots.
  • Last week's press conference delivered a HUGE amount of information on NBA 2K14 next gen. We recap the highlights and give our thoughts on each.
  • The same event provided us with some raw next gen gameplay footage. Does it live up to the OMG Trailer?
  • NBA 2K14 next gen will reflect the change back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format in the NBA Finals. No word on current gen yet.
  • We also have some new screenshots, NBA Today news and a sneak peek at the Momentus Trailer to talk about.
  • Elsewhere, NBA 2K14 current gen has been receiving a few official roster updates. The Doctor is back in the house!
  • The 2013/2014 NBA season is underway. We offer a few thoughts from the first couple of days of the regular season.
  • We wrap up with some next gen console news.

Click here to listen to the show!

If you’ve got any feedback on Episode #52 or thoughts on any of the topics we discussed, we’d like to hear from you! Sound off here in the new central discussion thread for the podcast in the NLSC Hub section of the Forum. Mailbag submissions for future episodes are also most welcome.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #53 (November 6th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Episode #53 is out now!

Episode #53 (November 6th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & Pdub

As we find ourselves less than two weeks away from the release of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, we're getting more and more information on this year's games. The 2014 season, although just a couple of weeks old, has also provided us with a few talking points. Join Arcane, Pdub and myself as we give our thoughts on the latest previews, news and real life NBA happenings in Episode #53 of the NLSC Podcast.

• A new developer blog has given us more insight into the controls, signature styles and defensive strategy in NBA Live 14. Do we like what we saw?
  • We also got a couple of new tidbits from VSN Radio's interview with developers Scott O'Gallagher and Ryan Ferwerda, leading to some speculation on a few features.
  • NBA Live 14's soundtrack has been revealed and unfortunately for Arcane, there's no J. Cole...yet, anyway.
  • Moving on to NBA 2K14, we give our thoughts on some MyTEAM snippets that have been mentioned on the official Facebook page during the past week.
  • MyGM is shaping up to be a deep and interesting mode in NBA 2K14 next gen, but might there be too much depth to the mode?
  • The PlayStation 4 version of NBA 2K14 will be getting some exclusive content. Fortunately, everyone on our panel will benefit.
  • We answer a mailbag question regarding NBA 2K14's chances at winning Game of the Year.
  • Episode #53 wraps up with some talk about the real NBA. The Clippers' fortunes, Bulls' struggles, rookie performances and tanking are all discussed.

As has been the case recently, some really juicy news on both games broke a few hours after we finished recording this week's episode. We'll be sure to talk about all that good stuff next week but in the meantime, let us know what you think of Episode #53 and your opinion on the topics that we discussed. Sound off below and don't forget to post any mailbag submissions here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #54 (November 13th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:43 am

Episode #54 (November 13th, 2013)

It's our last show before we get our hands on the PlayStation 4! Well, for one of us, anyway. Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself for Episode #54 of the NLSC Podcast, in which we cover the latest NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 news, chat about the NBA and more.

• As we get closer to the release of NBA Live 14, we're getting some encouraging news by way of various hands-on previews. We react to the latest information.
  • A demo has also been confirmed, but it's coming out the same day that the game is launched. Can that still work in EA Sports' favour?
  • The latest developer blog gives us more information on LIVE Season and BIG Moments. JaoSming makes a startling confession.
  • JaoSming and Arcane provide a few thoughts on the latest screenshots.
  • The past week has delivered a lot of details on MyGM in NBA 2K14 next gen. Do we still have any reservations about the mode?
  • Next gen MyCAREER tidbits have also been coming our way. Jackson Ellis awaits us all.
  • Over 600 player and coach interviews are included in NBA 2K14 next gen, with real voices. We can't wait to hear what virtual Gregg Popovich has to say.
  • You may be surprised to learn that JaoSming is excited for The Park. We also have a few creative ideas for the mode.
  • We give our thoughts on some other NBA 2K14 next gen news including IGN's review, the PS4 trophies and the latest videos.
  • Larry Sanders' blunder, the Celtics' winning streak and other early season surprises make up this week's NBA discussion.
  • We wrap up the show with our thoughts on some recent PlayStation 4 news.

As always, we welcome your thoughts on the latest episode, as well as anything we discussed. We also invite you to send in your listener mailbag questions and topic suggestions for future episodes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #54 & Scott O'Gallagher Interview

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

A regular episode will be out later this week but in the meantime, we have a special episode for you all.

Interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher

Host: Andrew
Special Guest: Scott O'Gallagher

We have a special edition of the NLSC Podcast for you today, featuring an interview with NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher. I talk to Scott about this year’s game and the return of NBA Live, getting some information on the controls, AI, game modes, their design philosophy and more.

Some key points of interest include the depth of CourtQ, what bounceTEK means for the game both offensively and defensively, the number of signature jumpshots and signature dribbling packages, new animations and updated animation packages as the season progresses, the logic in Dynasty Mode, BIG Moments and playcalling.

Thanks to Scott once again for the interview, I hope you all enjoy it and find it interesting and informative.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #55 & Scott O'Gallagher Interview

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Episode #55 (November 20th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane, JaoSming & Pdub

The PlayStation 4 has launched and we have two new basketball games to play...well, two of us do, at any rate. Join Arcane, JaoSming, Pdub and myself as we discuss early impressions of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 next gen, as well as some of the reactions from the community and gaming media.

• Before we get to JaoSming and Pdub's impressions, Andrew once again plugs our interview with Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher, recorded earlier this week.
  • NBA Live 14 is out, which means the NBA Live series has finally officially returned. JaoSming and Pdub run down the good, the bad and the ugly.
  • Is there a solid foundation to NBA Live 14? With a game finally released, can EA build upon what they've got?
  • More features may be added through the year, a concept that we'd certainly welcome and encourage.
  • JaoSming declares NBA 2K14 next gen a game that will sell the new consoles, from its aesthetics to the gameplay experience to its features.
  • While the news is mostly good when it comes to NBA 2K14 next gen, there are a few signature 2K quirks that bear mentioning. However, the good far outweighs the bad.
  • Were our concerns regarding MyGM and the revamped MyCAREER mode justified?
  • As you might expect, The Park gets a mention or two.
  • Neither game features Create-a-Player. We hope that philosophy is done away with before we get too far into this generation.

As always, we welcome your feedback on this week's episode. Keep the discussion of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 coming!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Didn't get my camera question answered this time around, but oh well!

Also, talking about a pizza on top of a pizza:

Double crust pizza from Old Chicago Pizza in Petaluma, CA. That's actually two layers.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:03 pm

I thought I did ask it towards the end when Pat was talking about camera angles but I guess we skipped it over it. We'll definitely revisit it in the coming weeks, when the rest of us have played both games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #56 (November 27th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 am

Episode #56 (November 27th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane, JaoSming & Pdub

Episode #56 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, JaoSming, Pdub and myself as we discuss the upcoming patches for NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 next gen, offer more impressions of both games and talk about the latest news and events from around the NBA.

• NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien has posted an open letter promising improvements to the game. Do we think the biggest issues can be fixed?
  • JaoSming and Pdub offer some more thoughts on NBA Live 14 after another week of playing the game.
  • NBA 2K14 next gen will also be receiving a patch to correct a couple of issues with saves and connectivity.
  • The Park has been ruined for JaoSming, but apart from that, NBA 2K14 next gen is still generally awesome.
  • We wrap up the video game discussion with some news from the modding community.
  • Moving on to the NBA discussion, Derrick Rose is out of action...again. Is it time to blow up the Bulls?
  • Kobe Bryant's big extension and the fans' subsequent reactions are discussed. Where do the Lakers go from here?
  • We offer some very early predictions for the 2014 All-Star game. Picking players for the East is no easy task.
  • The lacklustre Eastern Conference and early season surprises round out this week's NBA discussion.
  • We wrap up Episode #56 with a couple of mailbag questions.

If you've got any thoughts on this week's episode or any of the topics that we discussed, we'd love to hear them. Have your say below! Please also feel free to hit us up with mailbag submissions for future episodes here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:58 pm

:D thanks love
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Meh. I forgot to put in the hack that starts Drummond at Center. It's all worthless now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:06 pm

couldn't decide which was more feasible for you

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #57 (December 4th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am

Episode #57 (December 4th, 2013)

Special Guest: Vl@d Zola Jr.

Episode #57 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane, JaoSming and I are your hosts this week as we're joined by special guest Vl@d Zola Jr., creator of the fantastic RED MC and REDitor tools for the NBA 2K series.

• We welcome Vl@d to the Podcast and talk a little about what RED MC means for the modding community.
  • What are some of the cool things we can expect from RED MC this year? When can we expect to see it?
  • Andrew and Ben are finally on PlayStation 4 and can offer hands-on impressions of NBA 2K14 next gen. The results may surprise you.
  • Ben is waiting for his copy of NBA Live 14 to arrive, but Andrew has the game and a few initial impressions to share.
  • JaoSming also offers his latest thoughts on both games, including the troubles with NBA Live 14's updates.
  • Do we expect our impressions of both games to change as we continue to play them, especially with the forthcoming patches?
  • We wrap up with some NBA talk and a cliffhanger (of sorts).

Let us know what you thought of this week's episode, as well as your opinion on any of the topics that we discussed. If you'd like to submit a question, comment or topic suggestions for a future episode of the NLSC Podcast, hit us up here or in the mailbag thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #58 (December 11th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 am

Episode #58 (December 11th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

With JaoSming battling some temporary issues with his Internet connection, Episode #58 of the NLSC Podcast features the dynamic duo of Arcane and myself. Join us as we talk about the latest NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 news, our recent experiences with both games and the recent happenings in the NBA.

• We begin with some housekeeping matters and community news. With any luck, forthcoming server upgrades will prevent some of the downtime that we've been experiencing lately.
  • The new version of RED MC with support for NBA 2K14 is out now! We should be seeing some excellent mods from our community in the near future.
  • Millertime2325 is working on an update for the SNES version of NBA Jam Tournament Edition, which should be fun.
  • A couple of issues have been plaguing NBA 2K14 next gen recently, including lengthy load times when playing offline and controversy surrounding VC. We weigh in on the situation.
  • We talk about our latest experiences with NBA 2K14. Andrew wants your gaming tips!
  • Ben's still waiting on his copy of NBA Live 14, but he has some more impressions based on the demo.
  • We discuss the most recent roster updates for NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14. Is Synergy's automated system ultimately hindering NBA Live's roster updates?
  • Moving on to the real NBA, we offer a couple of thoughts on the trade that sent Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings.
  • We also talk about Kobe's return, Stephen Jackson's signing with the Clippers and a couple of other recent news items from around the league.
  • The NBL gets brief, obligatory mention.
  • We wrap up this week's episode with some talk about other PlayStation 4 games that we're currently playing.

Let us know what you thought of this week's show and give us your take on any of the topics that we discussed (including those tips for NBA 2K14). Also feel free to hit us up with any submissions for future installments of the listener mailbag.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #59 (December 19th, 2013) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 am

Episode #59 (December 19th, 2013)

Episode #59 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We're taking a break for Christmas next week, so this is our final episode for 2013. Join Arcane and myself as we look back on the year that was and indulge in all of the usual end-of-year topics.

• The Xbox One version of NBA 2K14 has received the third official patch, with the PS4 patch coming as soon as Sony gives the thumbs up.
  • Ultimate Base Roster is coming to NBA 2K14 PC! We're certainly looking forward to it, along with all the other projects that are now possible with the release of RED MC.
  • We run down some of the highlights and big news stories of 2013. Naturally, we talk NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, while our beloved Leftos gets a mention.
  • What were some of our favourite basketball gaming experiences in the past year?
  • We each name our Game(s) of the Year. You'll never guess what Arcane picked!
  • Optimists that we are, we're looking forward to 2014. What are we looking forward to, and what are some of our plans for the community?
  • There's no way we can pass up the opportunity to embarrass ourselves with some predictions, so we make a few for the NBA in 2014.

We hope you've enjoyed another year of the NLSC Podcast; thank you again for all your support! If you have any thoughts on this week's episode or any of the topics that we discussed, let us know. As always, feel free to hit us up with any submissions for future installments of the listener mailbag.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #61 (January 8th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 am

Episode #61 (January 8th, 2014)

Episode #61 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! JaoSming is busy this week, so Arcane and I are your hosts for the latest episode.

• As usual, we recap our experiences with NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 over the past week.
  • We ponder what kind of RPG elements could be added to career modes in basketball games. Would developers ever touch on social issues through an expanded off-court experience?
  • The Chicago Bulls have traded Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Andrew Bynum and picks. The resident Bulls fan on the panel is not particularly impressed.
  • Chris Paul's injury, the Golden State Warriors' winning streak and a few other recent NBA news stories are touched upon.
  • Arcane recaps Sony's presentation at CES 2014.

As always, we'd like to hear your feedback on the episode, as well as your thoughts on anything that we discussed. Also, don't forget to send in any questions or topic suggestions for our listener mailbag, as we'll be looking to do more installments in upcoming episodes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #61 (January 8th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Arcane on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I'd really like to hear the communities thoughts on the topic regarding the RPG elements in career modes
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #62 (January 15th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 am

Episode #62 (January 15th, 2014)

Episode #62 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, featuring Arcane, JaoSming and myself. Join us for another fun show in which we offer our latest impressions of NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, recap our latest experiences with both games and give our thoughts on some other current events from the past week.

• We've been collecting some great, constructive feedback for the NBA Live 14 development team, who are very receptive to our ideas and suggestions.
  • An update for NBA Live 14 added last Friday's Nickname Night jerseys to the game. It was fun, but the novelty has since worn off.
  • Even though there's work to be done, we're still quite enjoying NBA Live 14. We provide our latest impressions of gameplay, Ultimate Team and Dynasty Mode.
  • More and more gamers seem to be warming up to NBA Live 14 and posting constructive ideas and feedback for the developers. Is the future bright for the series?
  • Moving on to NBA 2K14, we compare the cost of packs in MyTEAM to NBA Live 14's Ultimate Team. Suffice to say, we're being gouged.
  • Virtual Currency continues to be a problem in general, dampening our enthusiasm for the game modes in NBA 2K14 next gen.
  • Shaq Fu may be seeing a sequel. Aren't you excited?
  • We mention some news and notes from around our modding community.
  • This week's real NBA discussion inclues Shoelace-gate, the rise of the Nets and the Knicks, Blake Griffin's latest poster and the league's apologies for blown calls.

We hope you enjoy this week's episode! Please feel free to let us know what you thought of the show, as well as your opinions on any of the topics that we discussed. If you've got any questions you'd like us to answer in future installments of the listener mailbag or suggestions for topics you'd like to hear us talk about, hit us up in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #63 (January 22nd, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 am

Episode #63 (January 22nd, 2014)

Episode #63 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and myself as we talk about the upcoming NBA Live 14 patch, our experiences with NBA 2K14 next gen over the past week, some unexpected NBA Jam news and the latest news from the real NBA.

• The big patch for NBA Live 14 is looming on the horizon. What do we expect to see? What are some of the improvements that we're hoping to see?
  • We continue to compile some quality feedback for NBA Live 14. Hopefully, it'll have a positive impact moving forward.
  • Gear in NBA 2K14 came in handy this past week, as Ben was able to use it to disprove a rumoured concept for the new Charlotte Hornets jerseys.
  • We've been playing NBA 2K14 lately, but Virtual Currency and some nasty comeback logic are still sapping the fun out of the game.
  • NBA Jam on Android surprisingly received a roster update yesterday. Will updates also be coming for other NBA Jam releases?
  • The 2014 All-Star jerseys have been revealed, and they have sleeves. Guess what? We're not fans.
  • Joel Anthony has been traded; memes ensue.
  • Speaking of trades, should the Chicago Bulls part with Derrick Rose, as suggested by a contributor over on Yahoo! NBA?
  • Kevin Durant is tearing up the league at the moment and may be the frontrunner for the MVP. Who else is in the discussion?
  • In search of an emphatic finish, we go with Paul George's impressive 360 windmill.

We're always keen to hear your feedback, so feel free to hit us up with your thoughts on this week's episode, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. Suggestions for discussion topics as well as mailbag questions and comments are also welcome in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #64 (January 29th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:55 am

Episode #64 (January 29th, 2014)

Episode #64 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Please join Arcane and myself as we talk about a new feature here on the NLSC, patches for NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, 2014 All-Star selections and more.

• Ben has launched the NLSC Top 10 Plays of the Week, coming every Wednesday. Hats off to the community for getting involved!
  • We still don't have a concrete date for the big patch for NBA Live 14, but our feedback is definitely being put to good use.
  • We're glad to see the tutorial videos for NBA Live 14, but we really hope that we get a practice mode via the forthcoming patch.
  • Speaking of patches, the fourth title update came through for NBA 2K14 on Xbox One and is coming soon on PlayStation 4. No gameplay tweaks, but some much needed fixes.
  • The 2014 All-Star starters have been announced, though at least one has already been ruled out due to injury. Who will replace him, and who will jump centre for the East?
  • We reflect on some impressive scoring performances by Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony and Terrence Ross.
  • A couple of other NBA topics from the past week round out this week's episode.

Let us know what you thought of this week's episode, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. Don't forget you can hit us up with any mailbag submissions here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #65 (February 5th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Episode #65 (February 5th, 2014)

Episode #65 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, featuring a three man panel of Arcane, JaoSming and myself. Join us as we discuss the latest community projects, a couple of new features here on the NLSC, our latest thoughts on and experiences with NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, David Stern's retirement and more.

• JaoSming has launched a couple of new weekly features, Dumb Fact Monday and The Tuesday Triple. We talk a little about the first week's topics.
  • bigh0rt and company have released the initial full version of the March Madness 2K14 mod for NBA 2K14 PC, a tremendous project that even garnered some attention from Kotaku.
  • Millertime2325's NBA Jam 2K14 project for the Super Nintendo version of NBA Jam Tournament Edition is shaping up quite nicely. Bring on MJ!
  • We're still having fun with NBA Live 14, but server issues with Ultimate Team raise some concerns about the new generation of gaming.
  • Andrew received a '92-'93 Michael Jordan card in NBA 2K14's MyTEAM mode and was instantly transported back to his youth.
  • JaoSming shares some further impressions of MyGM in NBA 2K14, along with a few tips on how to best utilise Virtual Currency.
  • We follow up on a couple of topics from last week including 2K's official roster updates and Locker Codes.
  • The Saga of Andrew's NBA 2K13 CD Key finally has a resolution, bringing about a happy ending to a tumultuous journey.
  • We offer a few thoughts on David Stern, who has retired his post as NBA commissioner after 30 years.
  • This week's episode wraps up with a discussion of the All-Star reserves and a couple of other NBA topics.

We're always keen to hear your thoughts on the Podcast as well as any of the topics that we discussed, so feel free to have your say here in the Forum. If you've got any topic suggestions or mailbag questions, be sure to post them in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #65 & Scott OG Patch Chat Out Now

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Post-Patch Chat with NBA Live 14 Dev Scott O'Gallagher

Special Guest: Scott O'Gallagher

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O'Gallagher returns in another special edition of the NLSC Podcast, in which he chats to Arcane and myself about the new title update that's just come out for NBA Live 14 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We talk about the various fixes and enhancements included in the patch, the reactions to NBA Live 14 so far, the face scans for NBA Live 15 and much more.

As always, feel free to share your thoughts on this special edition of the NLSC Podcast right here in the NLSC Forum.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #66 & Scott OG Patch Chat Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 am

Episode #66 (February 12th, 2014)

Get your kicks with the NLSC Podcast, Episode #66! Join Arcane and myself as we talk NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, mention some upcoming modding projects and prepare to embarrass ourselves with some predictions for the 2014 All-Star Weekend.

• The big patch is out for NBA Live 14. We'll have some more detailed impressions in the coming weeks, but for now we encourage everyone to check out our interview with Scott O'Gallagher.
  • Unfortunately, the NBA Live 14 demo doesn't appear to be receiving the patch. It's a missed opportunity, but we consider the possibility it might be technically unfeasible.
  • Once again, we reflect upon the depth and accuracy of professional reviews of basketball video games.
  • Both Andrew and Arcane have some ideas for new mods that will hopefully come to fruition in the not too distant future.
  • We encourage everyone to check out JaoSming's latest Tuesday Triple, containing some excellent advice for new and experienced modders alike.
  • The 2014 All-Star Weekend is almost upon us! We give our thoughts on the changes to this year's events, along with our picks for all the winners.
  • We wrap up the show with a couple of other NBA related topics.

As always, feel free to hit us up with your thoughts on this week's show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. Topic suggestions and mailbag questions/comments are also welcome in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #67 (February 19th, 2014) Out Now

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:57 am

Episode #67 (February 19th, 2014)

The 67th episode of the NLSC Podcast is out now, featuring Arcane, JaoSming and myself in the booth. Join us as we talk about our latest Ultimate Team experiences in NBA Live 14, new dunks in NBA 2K14, the 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend and more, including some brilliant segues.

• The Ultra Premium Gold Pack in NBA Live 14's Ultimate Team offers an opportunity to build a ridiculous team, but does such a shortcut have its disadvantages?
  • Andrew and JaoSming discuss their respective thoughts on Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 14, as well as their patch impressions.
  • Once again, we talk about the new tech in NBA Live 14, what needs to happen starting in NBA Live 15 and how we feel about the future of the franchise.
  • We also follow up on a few of JaoSming's comments on NBA 2K14 from his mini-review in this week's Tuesday Triple.
  • A new Locker Code unlocks a couple of Harrison's Barnes dunks in NBA 2K14's Slam Dunk Contest...well, kind of. We react.
  • After a Tweet got us excited about the possibility of a new NBA Jam game, it seems we're not getting one...yet, anyway. We speculate.
  • We discuss a few recent events in the modding community, including a new breakthrough.
  • The 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend is recapped, the format of the dunk contest is criticised and a couple of our predictions escape mockery.
  • We wrap up the show with some trade deadline discussion. Will it be as boring as last year's quiet deadline?

We're always eager to hear your feedback, so let us know what you thought of this week's show along with your take on any of the topics that we discussed. Topic suggestions and mailbag questions/comments are also welcome in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard