NLSC Podcast - Episode #50

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #50

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am

The NLSC Podcast has reached the big five-oh! Joel Anthony would be so proud.

Episode #50 (October 16th, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane, JaoSming & Lean

We've hit another milestone as the NLSC Podcast has reached its 50th episode! Join Arcane, JaoSming, Lean and myself as we celebrate my birthday with our discussion of the latest NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14 next gen news, more impressions of NBA 2K14 current gen and a few NBA related odds and ends.

• Before we begin, we take a moment to reflect on the NLSC Podcast, 50 episodes on. As you might expect, JaoSming misses Leftos.
  • Ultimate Team has been confirmed for NBA Live 14, with pre-order bonus packs. We expect we'll give it a look.
  • The soundtrack for NBA Live 14 is being revealed, one song at a time. What do we think of the tracks that have been unveiled so far?
  • The athlete lineup for NBA Live 14 has been announced and some new screenshots have been posted, so naturally we have to analyse them in minute detail.
  • Speaking of screenshots, the first proper screenshot for NBA 2K14 next gen has come out. Is the ball texture as impressive as NBA Live 14?
  • The big social media feature of NBA 2K14 has been announced: Locker Codes. The panel goes mild.
  • Andrew finally has NBA 2K14 on PC, so he can offer some initial impressions. We also finally have closure on the Saga of the Pre-Order & NBA 2K13 CD Key (sort of).
  • A few NBA topics are discussed including the Celtics' new gameplan and some other preseason impressions.
  • We wrap up with a listener mailbag, in which you give us your thoughts on NBA 2K14 so far.

Click here to listen to the show!

As always, we hope that you enjoy the latest episode and invite you to give us your feedback, as well as your thoughts on anything that we discussed. Please also keep the mailbag submissions coming!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #50

Postby benji on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm

The four plus person ones are much better even if/when the topics are worse. Though you guys still sometimes have the problem where one person talks and nobody really responds and then someone else talks for a long time that dates back to the Leftos/Andrew only days. Having actual news helps and I imagine once people get their hands on the real versions of the games it'll be more lively and interesting. Hopefully people disagree strongly over Live 14 that'd be great and something I'd tune in for specifically.

Not a regular listener but it had been a while since I chimed in with terrible feedback and popped this and another one on for a bit while working on somethings.

Are you guys going to do a specific NBA preview podcast? That'd be a reason to bring Leftos in without having to bring up his shameful lazy coding. I like the one Simmons did a year ago with House where they took the betting lines (but you could use ESPN's predictions or someone elses or the betting lines) and said over/under on each team because they were forced into discussing each team instead of just throwing out rankings.
benji

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #50

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Appreciate the feedback, we'll do what we can to break old habits as far as the monologues are concerned. Since I hadn't gotten to share any of my 2K14 PC impressions on the previous two episodes, I did go on for a bit there. As far as the topics are concerned, what kind of stuff would you say is good and bad/better or worse? We're obviously always going to talk a little about basketball games and the latest news, given we're a basketball gaming community. It has admittedly been a while since we did a featured discussion or anything but yeah, we're open to suggestions.

We'll probably do some sort of NBA picks and predictions with the new season coming up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard