NLSC Podcast - Episode #39

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #39

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am

Because we're sick of talking about shoes, we instead talk about soundtracks. Episode #39 of the NLSC Podcast!

Episode #39 (July 31st, 2013)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & JaoSming

Episode #39 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself for this week's show, in which we discuss the NBA Live 14 cover announcement, the NBA 2K14 soundtrack reveal, the Community Team-Up and other news and notes from around the community. There's even some NBA offseason movement to discuss this week!

• Kyrie Irving has officially been revealed as NBA Live 14's cover player. We're not exactly shocked, but what do we think of the selection?
  • We also give our impressions of the trailer's brief glimpse of actual in-game footage of NBA Live 14. Naturally, we have to touch on Double Dribble-gate.
  • The NBA 2K14 Community Team-Up members have been announced. Sadly JaoSming is not among them, as the power of the hashtag has let us down.
  • LeBron's picks for the NBA 2K14 soundtrack have been revealed. Our reactions lead us to reminisce about some of the songs in previous games.
  • Hacked 99 overall MyPLAYERs are back in NBA 2K13. Shame on everyone, we say.
  • We can't go past talking about another Xbox "180" and some rumours regarding the PlayStation 4's RAM.
  • There have been a couple of noteworthy offseason moves this past week. We comment on Brandon Jennings to the Pistons and Dejuan Blair to the Mavericks.
  • JaoSming has some further updates on the NBA Street Vol. 2 HD remake mod.

Click here to listen to the show!

Enjoyed the show? Have some suggestions? Want to give your thoughts on the topics that we discussed? By all means have your say.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #39

Postby Leftos on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Brandon Jennings to the Bucks, Andrew?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Why, whatever do you mean? :shifty:

Fixed. There better not be any bugs in NBA 2K14. :P
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:12 am

Or what? Are you going to come over to the Bay and ask me to buy you dinner? Why, gladly!

On a more serious note (heh, as if), I really enjoyed this episode, just as much as I've enjoyed pretty much every one that I wasn't in. Listening to them in the car has proven to be great company. I like how now that Jao is back in the gang, Ben has a distraction factor to stop him from going into Leftos-like monologues about The Last of Us and Sony. :P Your chemistry's great, lots of laughs to be had, and you're on top of everything I want to hear you guys talk about when I tune in.

I miss being a part of it already, but having a new fresh episode to listen to every week is even more exciting. (Yes. For purely egotistical reasons. I love hearing my name being brought up, even for the little jabs that you think you can do freely because I'm not there to react. I AM LISTENING. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.)

Oh, and Ben, will you please put the banana -censored-?

P.S. PIZZA CHALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGE!
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:11 am

Actually, I was going to ask you to pay for my flight too, because I'm cheap like that.

Good to know you're enjoying sitting back and listening; you see why I was content to do that for the first few episodes. :P Of course we've got to get the friendly jabs in but there's plenty of love there, not to mention warning of the powerful bro-hug you'll be getting from Jon when the meet-up finally happens. Don't say you weren't warned!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 am

Andrew wrote:bro-hug

you spelled bear wrong
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer