Public Service Announcement

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm

A few weeks ago I sent in my official resignation as a Moderator to EA Sports but have stated it won't take in to full effect until April 24th to complete a full four years in the position.

I have retired as I have decided that I have been moderating forums for 4th-Quarter.net, NLSC and EA for too long I need new challenges and felt as though there weren't going to be any further opportunities for me going forward. I leave not being able to achieve what I had hoped to which I am disappointed about but the timing is right. I have tried to serve the community as best I could during my four years and tried getting NLSC any news I could and pushed further recognition for NLSC with the EA Community Managers.

I look forward to what's next in my life and will try to be around NLSC more when NBA Live 14 is released. I plan to make mention of this news to the EA Community forums in the coming weeks. It has been a pleasure to assist the NBA Live, NBA Jam and NCAA Basketball communities over the last four years and would like to thank EA Sports Burnaby and Tiburon for the opportunities and responsibilities I experienced in my role.

Regards
Ben

Arcane/dragon4thQ
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 am

Sad to see this Ben. You're one of the direct source guys over at EA. Time constraints perhaps, but you had the guts to let go. (Y) Godspeed sir.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 am

Lean wrote:Sad to see this Ben. You're one of the direct source guys over at EA. Time constraints perhaps, but you had the guts to let go. (Y) Godspeed sir.

Thanks Lean, there were a few reasons for my decision and I had been thinking about it seriously for a year before making it official.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 am

Sad that you felt the need to step down from your position there mate, but I know how much you put into your work there and what you aspired to achieve. Change is always good and I am sure you will profit from your decision.

Anyway, more time for you to spend around here :)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 am

All the best. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:50 am

Arcane wrote:A few weeks ago I sent in my official resignation as a Moderator to EA Sports but have stated it won't take in to full effect until April 24th to complete a full four years in the position.

I have retired as I have decided that I have been moderating forums for 4th-Quarter.net, NLSC and EA for too long I need new challenges and felt as though there weren't going to be any further opportunities for me going forward. I leave not being able to achieve what I had hoped to which I am disappointed about but the timing is right. I have tried to serve the community as best I could during my four years and tried getting NLSC any news I could and pushed further recognition for NLSC with the EA Community Managers.

I look forward to what's next in my life and will try to be around NLSC more when NBA Live 14 is released. I plan to make mention of this news to the EA Community forums in the coming weeks. It has been a pleasure to assist the NBA Live, NBA Jam and NCAA Basketball communities over the last four years and would like to thank EA Sports Burnaby and Tiburon for the opportunities and responsibilities I experienced in my role.

Regards
Ben

Arcane/dragon4thQ

Arcane wrote:I had been thinking about it seriously for a year before making it official.

Did you get paid or any freebies while you were a moderator for EA Sports forums?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 am

shadowgrin wrote:Did you get paid or any freebies while you were a moderator for EA Sports forums?

No there was no financial gain I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition which were all the games I was Moderator for during my time.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Arcane wrote:No there was no financial gain

Arcane wrote:I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition

So there was financial gain.
benji

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:47 am

benji wrote:
Arcane wrote:No there was no financial gain

Arcane wrote:I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition

So there was financial gain.

Sorry I worded that wrong, I was not paid.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Except for the video games.
benji

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:00 pm

benji wrote:Except for the video games.

that is correct
Arcane