Public Service Announcement

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 am

A few weeks ago I sent in my official resignation as a Moderator to EA Sports but have stated it won't take in to full effect until April 24th to complete a full four years in the position.

I have retired as I have decided that I have been moderating forums for 4th-Quarter.net, NLSC and EA for too long I need new challenges and felt as though there weren't going to be any further opportunities for me going forward. I leave not being able to achieve what I had hoped to which I am disappointed about but the timing is right. I have tried to serve the community as best I could during my four years and tried getting NLSC any news I could and pushed further recognition for NLSC with the EA Community Managers.

I look forward to what's next in my life and will try to be around NLSC more when NBA Live 14 is released. I plan to make mention of this news to the EA Community forums in the coming weeks. It has been a pleasure to assist the NBA Live, NBA Jam and NCAA Basketball communities over the last four years and would like to thank EA Sports Burnaby and Tiburon for the opportunities and responsibilities I experienced in my role.

Regards
Ben

Arcane/dragon4thQ
User avatar
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 am

Sad to see this Ben. You're one of the direct source guys over at EA. Time constraints perhaps, but you had the guts to let go. (Y) Godspeed sir.
User avatar
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:49 pm
Location: Pilipinas

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:08 am

Lean wrote:Sad to see this Ben. You're one of the direct source guys over at EA. Time constraints perhaps, but you had the guts to let go. (Y) Godspeed sir.


Thanks Lean, there were a few reasons for my decision and I had been thinking about it seriously for a year before making it official.
User avatar
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am

Sad that you felt the need to step down from your position there mate, but I know how much you put into your work there and what you aspired to achieve. Change is always good and I am sure you will profit from your decision.

Anyway, more time for you to spend around here :)
Image
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
User avatar
Mark.
Sweet Disposition
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 am

All the best. (Y)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 106062
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 am

Arcane wrote:A few weeks ago I sent in my official resignation as a Moderator to EA Sports but have stated it won't take in to full effect until April 24th to complete a full four years in the position.

I have retired as I have decided that I have been moderating forums for 4th-Quarter.net, NLSC and EA for too long I need new challenges and felt as though there weren't going to be any further opportunities for me going forward. I leave not being able to achieve what I had hoped to which I am disappointed about but the timing is right. I have tried to serve the community as best I could during my four years and tried getting NLSC any news I could and pushed further recognition for NLSC with the EA Community Managers.

I look forward to what's next in my life and will try to be around NLSC more when NBA Live 14 is released. I plan to make mention of this news to the EA Community forums in the coming weeks. It has been a pleasure to assist the NBA Live, NBA Jam and NCAA Basketball communities over the last four years and would like to thank EA Sports Burnaby and Tiburon for the opportunities and responsibilities I experienced in my role.

Regards
Ben

Arcane/dragon4thQ

Arcane wrote:I had been thinking about it seriously for a year before making it official.

Did you get paid or any freebies while you were a moderator for EA Sports forums?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23115
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 am

shadowgrin wrote:Did you get paid or any freebies while you were a moderator for EA Sports forums?


No there was no financial gain I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition which were all the games I was Moderator for during my time.
User avatar
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby benji on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Arcane wrote:No there was no financial gain

Arcane wrote:I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition

So there was financial gain.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14543
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm

benji wrote:
Arcane wrote:No there was no financial gain

Arcane wrote:I got a few free games such as NBA Live 10, NCAA Basketball 10, NBA Jam and NBA Jam On Fire Edition

So there was financial gain.


Sorry I worded that wrong, I was not paid.
User avatar
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby benji on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Except for the video games.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14543
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Public Service Announcement

Postby Arcane on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm

benji wrote:Except for the video games.



that is correct
User avatar
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 7055
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD


Return to NLSC Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests