Welcome NLSC Contributors!

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: Welcome NLSC Contributors!

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 am

I'm not a fan of a Hall of Fame. It never works out well, and I don't see any benefit that the Contributors group hasn't already attempted to achieve. Speaking of the group, its most useful function at present is to give people who create a lot of tutorials and resources immediate access to post in those sections rather than post elsewhere and wait for us to move the topic. That in itself does make it worthwhile though, as it's good to be able to trust people enough to contribute to that section immediately.

Ultimately, modding should be about enjoyment of the hobby and a creative outlet, not achieving some sort of status in the community. We'd like to recognise people who have made a lot of contributions, but there should always be a few conditions, standards, and responsibilities attached to that. We've been pretty lenient with it, but we're at the point where it needs to be reevaluated.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby eda on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:57 am

Andrew wrote:Ultimately, modding should be about enjoyment of the hobby and a creative outlet, not achieving some sort of status in the community.

Absolutely. That's what I meant by saying that the HOF should be sort of an extra thing which should be decided by the Admin(s) after the modder decides to retire. Not while he's active. Simple as that. There shouldn't be any conditions on how to get to HOF. The management decides that. And I believe there are people worthy to be on the list. Take nba players as an example. I don't think their goal is to get to HOF. The want to give their best for the game. And after their carrer is over the decision is made whether their contribution/performance was worth it.
Being active gets you the contributor badge which is I think quite an achievement that motivates people.

Andrew wrote: We'd like to recognise people who have made a lot of contributions, but there should always be a few conditions, standards, and responsibilities attached to that

I believe these are pretty obvious conditions for a contributor, not a HOF. HOF should not a become a goal.
Contributor status yes, sure. But not HOF.
eda
Lives happily ever after.

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 am

In my experience, having a Hall of Fame just leads to arguments and elitism. It's not something we'll be doing.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Previous

Return to NLSC Hub