Like fantasy sports? Join NLL!

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Like fantasy sports? Join NLL!

Postby Nick on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

I'm posting this here because i know this is where you find the basketball nerds trying to find the closest thing they can to the GM simulation that they can. I'm talking about me. I'm talking about you.

Does association mode in 2k give you a boner? Love the managerial element of the NBA? Love building a team? Are fantasy sports somewhat of a taste of team management, but it just doesn't quite hit the spot? If this is you then you have to know about NLL! http://www.nbaliveleague.com
It's currently looking for new GM's to take over the available teams. And i'd love to see the league fill out! JOIN US

Let's face it. Fantasy basketball is pretty fun, but it's not a manager simulation. Not even close. This league is the ultimate manager sim. It's like association mode except you play with 29 other GMs, and the seasons are on pace with each NBA season. I've personally been in the NLL for about 8 years now, and i can safely say that it's freakin' awesome. I started with the shitty 2003 Denver Nuggets, and have built my team up over the years and was West Conf. champion last season. It's seriously fun. I would actually to see some of the vets here give it a try, like benji or Jae or shadow or someone. (Y)

Don't be fooled by the name "NBA Live league" though. We used to use NBA Live as the simulator (we run cpu vs cpu games and save the stats/results of the games), but now we've switched to 2k and the results are arousingly realistic. It's cool because you have to actually think about how your players play together on the court, and which players fit your gameplan best, etc etc, stuff like that. You also have to take into account salary, etc. There's a ridiculous amount of detail and realism.

Anyways if you have any questions, just ask.
Or head to the site and contact the league commish. Either way.

DO IT.

Current available teams:
Atlanta
Charlotte
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Re: Like fantasy sports? Join NLL!

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 pm

One thread is probably enough.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast