Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 06 PC Dynasty Re-Made On Xbox 360

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, and the Top 10 Plays of the Week! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: Wayback Wednesday: 20 Players With No Official Appearances in Games

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Wayback Wednesday: 20 Players With No Official Appearances in Games

I have an ongoing series of Friday Five articles documenting players who appeared in more video games than real NBA contests. While a handful of those players did tally playing time in at least one NBA game while sometimes appearing in multiple titles, several of them only saw action on the virtual hardwood after being cut in real life while the game was still in production. This article is basically the opposite of that series, instead focusing on players that did make it to the NBA, but due to the timing of their stints, never made it into a video game's official rosters.

I'd originally planned this as a counterpart series of Friday Five articles, but I've instead opted for a single article listing twenty noteworthy examples. To that point, I've tried to select players who had interesting stories, and/or multiple opportunities to make official appearances in video games. I've also focused on games from NBA Live 96 onwards, as those titles have included more comprehensive lineups thanks to inactive rosters and official updates. Official roster updates have also made this a far less likely phenomenon as the years have gone by. Let's take a look back...way back...
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hosting Fund Contributions: Patreon | PayPal
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Re: Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 06 PC Dynasty Re-Made On Xbox 360

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Wayback Wednesday: NBA Live 06 PC Dynasty Re-Made On Xbox 360

My Chicago Bulls Dynasty in NBA Live 06 PC remains one of my all-time favourite experiences, in one of my all-time favourite basketball video games. This year, I've come to appreciate the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 06 as well, though the game is of course lacking Dynasty mode. Nevertheless, the Xbox 360 version has recently been my retro kick. Just for fun, I re-created the roster from Year 1 of my PC Dynasty on Xbox 360. I ended up playing a game against the San Antonio Spurs, the team that I defeated in that first season to clinch the Bulls' seventh championship. As I recorded some highlights from the game, you can join me as I take a look back...way back...

phpBB [video]
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hosting Fund Contributions: Patreon | PayPal
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Previous

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard