NLSC Podcast #351: Lockdown Defenders

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Wiki and other site related issues and content here. Site and community announcements are also posted in this section.

Re: NLSC Podcast #349: The Quest for a Next Gen Console

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:39 am

I finally got around to seeing the podcast, and there were many great points made! You and Dee really work well together with these topics. I brought up Daniels' inclusion in MyTEAM because it's important to remind people that the All-Time teams are advertised as the best collection of players for that franchise. While you're correct that Odom and Bosh are more known, I don't agree with leaving some of these legends out of the all-time teams. Even outside of Mel Daniels, there's still a bunch of other legends that haven't been brought back including Connie Hawkins (but Devin Booker is already considered an All-Time Suns player?), Dolph Schayes (A new CF was made for him in 2K20, so why didn't they put him on the Sixers?), Walt Bellamy, etc.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Thanks for tuning in! Glad you enjoyed the show.

I agree, certain players shouldn't be left off the All-Time teams when they're in the game and available. I'd say that 2K bothered to make the effort with Odom and Bosh because they're more well-known to younger gamers in particular, but it shouldn't stop there.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:07 am

RayRay_953 wrote:I finally got around to seeing the podcast, and there were many great points made! You and Dee really work well together with these topics. I brought up Daniels' inclusion in MyTEAM because it's important to remind people that the All-Time teams are advertised as the best collection of players for that franchise. While you're correct that Odom and Bosh are more known, I don't agree with leaving some of these legends out of the all-time teams. Even outside of Mel Daniels, there's still a bunch of other legends that haven't been brought back including Connie Hawkins (but Devin Booker is already considered an All-Time Suns player?), Dolph Schayes (A new CF was made for him in 2K20, so why didn't they put him on the Sixers?), Walt Bellamy, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think the inclusion of guys like Booker on the all-time teams is more of a case of catering to the younger demographic, honestly. Same with LeBron being on the all-time Lakers after only playing one season with them (and the Lakers had not won the title yet before they included him... and still)

As I stated in my roster thread on Twitter, the classic teams/all time teams are incredibly low priority for them, and I provided examples that proved that. Its more of a "HEY, LOOK AT ALL THIS CONTENT WE HAVE!, WE LOVE RETRO NBA", and that is on the surface and via marketing, but when you actually look at the big picture (all the copy/paste jobs, the lack of including certain important players, all the rush jobs, etc), it tells an entirely different story.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: NLSC Podcast #350: What's My Age Again?

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:09 am

NLSC Podcast #350: What's My Age Again?

Hosts: Andrew & Dee4Three

We're celebrating our 50th episode as a duo, which leads us to reflect on some famous number 50s in NBA history. After that, it's down to business with a discussion of the latest news surrounding NBA 2K21 Next Gen. From server issues to a widespread ban, there's a lot to catch up on, and we have a lot to say. We also talk about stat padding in online games, and how it's led to what we feel is an unappealing style of play. Recent events also prompt us to discuss ageism in basketball gaming, and troubling practices in the modding community. This week's mailbag topics cover recycled faces in NBA 2K, and the idea of petitioning 2K to make certain changes.

Tune in here!

What's your take on this week's conversation? Sound off with your thoughts right here in the Forum! Additionally, feel free to hit us up with any feedback on the episode, as well as mailbag questions and topic suggestions for future episodes. The show also comes out on our YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe for future episodes and other video content.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! You can also find us on Stitcher.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:55 am

50 shows already.... time is really flying

I've really enjoyed doing the show!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:26 am

Another weekend is fast approaching, so I'm putting out a mailbag call for Episode #351! Hit us up with your questions/topic suggestions!

Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast #351: Lockdown Defenders

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:52 pm

NLSC Podcast #351: Lockdown Defenders

Hosts: Andrew & Dee4Three

Now that Derek is an official member of the NLSC Team, we look ahead to some plans for future content. There's a lot of positivity there, but as we delve into this week, there's a need to explore the negative aspects of basketball games as well. We discuss the desire some gamers have to disengage, distinguishing between taking a healthy break from negative conversations, and shutting down constructive criticism. In this week's mailbag, we talk about the pain of losing features, modes, options, and mechanics that we loved, and answer a question about our playcalling habits on the virtual hardwood.

Tune in here!

What's your take on this week's conversation? Sound off with your thoughts right here in the Forum! Additionally, feel free to hit us up with any feedback on the episode, as well as mailbag questions and topic suggestions for future episodes. The show also comes out on our YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe for future episodes and other video content.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! You can also find us on Stitcher.

Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Previous

Return to NLSC Hub