Screen Tearing, weird pacing, gtx680, 3930k help?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Screen Tearing, weird pacing, gtx680, 3930k help?

Postby ShimmyToine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm

hello i played nba 2k13 to the ground on console over 300+ 8min quater matches and now that i got my rig up and running i went ahead and got the game on steam. so i seem to be having weird pacing like players moving at like 1.2x that of console and lots of screen tearing when i play nba 2k13, i have it freshly installed ...when i enable vsync the screen tearing goes away but i can still feel that weird pacing.. as well as not getting that good jump from holding turbo and y on rebounds, the player reacts to ball that as only pressing y and not turbo... i am using a xbox wired remote and a dell u2713hm at 1440p . any suggestions? im on the latest nvidia driver with geforce experience enabled
ShimmyToine

Re: Screen Tearing, weird pacing, gtx680, 3930k help?

Postby JaoSming on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 pm

remember that the PC version never got any post-release support, meaning no gameplay patch.

Vsync is the solution to the tearing, but for the pacing maybe you should try playing with the gamespeed slider in control options?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ShimmyToine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 pm

thanks for the reply ming, thats sucks that they never followed up on the game...your ultimate basis 2k12 roster video on youtube is what made me hop on this forum
ShimmyToine

Postby julsnice on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 am

I dunno I have the same GFX card and I don't have those problems, and my processor is only 2.8ghz, no overclocking. I assume you have more than enough RAM (i got 6GBs)...

Are you using nVidia Inspector? Cause maybe you have the setting set for a different game? That messes me up sometimes.
If you don't use it, you should, and u should turn vsync on in it (in addition to the in-game settings). I limit my FPS to 58 via Inspector to keep everything running smooth while using vsync (my TV is only 60hz so setting FPS to 58 helps better than setting it to 60)
Also, get Gboost, that will only help.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya. I can't comment on the rebounding stuff, seems fine on mines. I think that's happening cause your FPS is low? Get free version of FRAPS to see your FPS in real time.

Hope that all helps
julsnice

Return to NBA 2K13