How do you change hair color on Cyberfaces?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

How do you change hair color on Cyberfaces?

Postby Vash.B on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Sorry, I know this is technically the wrong section, but it seems to be the most active and relates well to what my issue is. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to change CF hair color. Watched Jao's video, changed it the way he did in GIMP, but in the game the color does not change.

I think the issue has something to do with this. When I open up 3DM my hair texture file looks like this:

Even after I change the color in GIMP, when I load the edited texture into 3DM it will still look exactly like that.

But in Jao's video, when he opened up Iverson's .iff file in 3DM, the hair texture file looked normal, in it's actual, in-game colors. Like this:

And when he changed the hair color in GIMP and reloaded the texture file, it actually changed in 3DM as well to the new color. Like this:

I'm assuming that this has to be the issue because this is the only difference between what me and him did. So what's different from my 3DM that causes the hair texture files to appear so strange? And if that's not the problem, then what am I doing wrong?
Vash.B

Re: How do you change hair color on Cyberfaces?

Postby rh1noceros on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm not sure, but the answer can be found here viewtopic.php?p=1603014#p1603014
rh1noceros

Re: How do you change hair color on Cyberfaces?

Postby Vash.B on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm

rh1no wrote:I'm not sure, but the answer can be found here viewtopic.php?p=1603014#p1603014

YES! Thank you, much appreciated. This information was very crucial in helping me make my latest cyberface, cannot thank you enough.
Vash.B

Return to NBA 2K13