The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Postby HyperYellow on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 pm

I know there's a screen that shows the player's chemistry and morale-adjusted ratings (in Association mode - X-Box 360) but I can't for the life of me find it. I've just got my team chemistry up to 20% and want to know if any changes have taken place - just to get an idea of how much chemistry affects a team.
HyperYellow

Postby HyperYellow on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm

HyperYellow wrote:I know there's a screen that shows the player's chemistry and morale-adjusted ratings (in Association mode - X-Box 360) but I can't for the life of me find it. I've just got my team chemistry up to 20% and want to know if any changes have taken place - just to get an idea of how much chemistry affects a team.

Found it. In the players status screen during a game.
HyperYellow

Postby airmatic23 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question

Has anybody had any issues with loading hex edited rosters while on xbox live? I was working on a massive project but I had xbox live on. I went from one hex edited roster (one of barocks) and then loaded my roster with hex edits, and then the game froze on me while loading the roster. I had backup files on my hd and usb but those won't load either. Any suggestions? Very frustrated

PLEASE HELP
airmatic23

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am

This thread is for questions about the base game, not about questions for modding. If nothing else, they tend to go unnoticed and get lost in the shuffle of general queries. Also, for future reference, please don't post the same question in multiple threads, as it gets confusing for anyone trying to reply. Thanks. :)

As for your question, I don't have the 360 version and thus have no experience modding it, so unfortunately I can't offer much help. I'd definitely invite you to make a new thread about the issue in the Patching Help section so that someone with the right knowledge sees it and can offer some assistance. Failing that, you might want to contact BAROCKAFELLA or someone else who has experience working with the rosters on 360 and ask if Xbox Live causes any issues, and see if they can point you in the right direction.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Mr.13 in 33 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 pm

When ever i want to see a replay the instant replay button isn't highlighted why is that?
Mr.13 in 33

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

It's a bug.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby iforgotmypassword on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:02 pm

does anyone know if its possible to select a 2nd franchise to control in association mode once you have already done the initial set up

i'm in my 2nd suns season but would also like to control a second team
iforgotmypassword

Postby Mr.13 in 33 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Sometimes when im on the fast break with Lebron i try to do an off the backboard dunk but he keeps doing lay ups. Why do players do that even when your players dunk is 99
Mr.13 in 33

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm guessing it's related to angle, distance or fatigue.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm

aldrin24 wrote:Oh, so I was right. I think so. That's what I'm saying. Kobe has the bird rights. So maybe it's really a bug and I just have to re-sign him in the off-season. Thanks for the answers guys.

It's not a bug. This...
JaoSming wrote:you need cap space

You need cap space for the contract extension if done during the season even if you have Bird Rights.
Dunno if it's CBA rule but that's been the way in past games.

roichii1123 wrote:I am trying to re-sign Manu Ginobili (of course he is willing) when we were about to negotiate, he says that he is willing to take less to chase for the title, but i can't adjust anything in the contract (salary amount, years, exception, etc.) i cant agree to the preset because his interest in the "current" contract is low ... is this a BUG ???

iirc it's not a bug since I've encountered situations like that since 2K10.
Possible causes of that are he's currently injured, his player morale is at a (low) level that he doesn't want to sign, or you're not meeting one of the player's goals (like winning), like when I had Shaq and his player card said he wanted an extension that changed to wanting to be traded because we were losing a lot even though his player morale still wasn't below 45%.
On the other hand I once traded for an aging Amar'e for cap relief because he said he was retiring after the season only for him to be willing to sign and play again for another season because we won a championship.

Late answer but 'the more you know' people...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby miesomn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Will the 2013 NBA draft class be added to the game as an official update after the 27th this month ?
youtube.com/MIESOMNUL
My NBA '10-'13 Edits and Mixtapes
Proud 5 times Winner of NLSC Weekly TOP 10 Plays (++2 times featured in Top3)
miesomn

Postby Leftos on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm

No. Players that aren't signed to teams can't be added to the game, and roster updates stop after the finals. There hasn't been an official draft class update by 2K ever, IIRC.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby carlodlcrz on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

hmm i have a question, why is that my MyCareer modes games completed and stats are not updating? i played 5 games still 0 games completed in my player card there is no stats shown. why? THANKS for the answer
carlodlcrz

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:24 am

That's a problem that usually arises when you use a trainer or otherwise externally modify a MyCAREER file.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby carlodlcrz on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 pm

what you mean modify? uhm im using albys roster thats it
carlodlcrz

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Then you're using an unofficial mod for the game, which can sometimes cause issues like that. You might want to check with Albys to see if that's a common issue and whether or not there's an easy fix.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 am

Hello there!

Quick question: when you delete a save through the game, does somebody know where this file goes to? I couldn't find it in the trash. My OS is Windows 8. Thank you!
perezdi

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:15 am

its permanently deleted, there is no way to recover it
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby perezdi on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am

JaoSming wrote:its permanently deleted, there is no way to recover it

Oh, bummer!

Thanks for the answer, though. I'm trying to recover it with a software, If I do it I'll let you guys know.
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 am

Another quick one:

Once I saw a software to manage all MyPlayers, a software to activate them when you want to use them and don't have to be changing them all over again, does someone knows the name of it? Thank you!
Last edited by perezdi on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
perezdi

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 am

Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby perezdi on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:55 am

JaoSming wrote:http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3588 ?

Maybe. I'm gonna check it out. Thank you, man. :)
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:12 pm

It's me again, Mario!

Anyway, here it is: there is any way to use other uniforms in MyCareer or it can be done just by changing the files inside the core game files?

As usual, thank you!
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:14 pm

And another quick one: my team logo in the scoreboard inside the matches is wrong, I have no idea when or how it happened, how do I fix it?
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 pm

perezdi wrote:And another quick one: my team logo in the scoreboard inside the matches is wrong, I have no idea when or how it happened, how do I fix it?

I put back the original game logos, but the problem is still there. What I did before that I think maybe is the reason, I tried to change the uniforms in the Roster Editor, but I changed Practice to Alternate and DET_PracticeAway to DET_Alternate or something, I changed it back and saved it, but it still shows in the scoreboards and interviews the Nuggets one.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:42 pm

perezdi wrote:It's me again, Mario!

Anyway, here it is: there is any way to use other uniforms in MyCareer or it can be done just by changing the files inside the core game files?

As usual, thank you!

Only by renaming the jersey files as desired. Being able to select different jerseys in that mode is something a lot of us would like to see; it's not a huge, crucial feature, but it'd be a nice touch.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am

Andrew wrote:
perezdi wrote:It's me again, Mario!

As usual, thank you!

Only by renaming the jersey files as desired. Being able to select different jerseys in that mode is something a lot of us would like to see; it's not a huge, crucial feature, but it'd be a nice touch.

Thank you!

Someone does have the answer for this?
perezdi wrote:And another quick one: my team logo in the scoreboard inside the away matches is wrong, I have no idea when or how it happened, how do I fix it?

Already tried reinstalling the original logos but it didn't solve the issue.
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 am

Actually, just noticed that at least on more team has its logo messed up. Atlanta Hawks has Grizzlies on. I'm puzzled because I already tried to put the original files back.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am

Do you have a custom scoreboard installed? Sounds like there's a conflict in there somewhere.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Andrew wrote:Do you have a custom scoreboard installed? Sounds like there's a conflict in there somewhere.

I tried to install it but it didn't work. Let me see the files and replace then and I'll let you know here. Thank you again!
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Well, Andrew, I reinstalled the newscorebug but it didn't work. To explain even better what it is happening:

What is wrong:
- When I play away the team logo in the scoreboard is wrong, in the cuts to the replays too, the aftermatches interviews have the wrong logo in the background and in that TV too.
- Some other teams have this weird thing too, but just happens when I play away.
perezdi

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

If I want to do a reinstalation of the game, I have to save only the %Appdata% files? I'm starting to think that it will be the cure.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 pm

For the record, you can just edit your previous post if you have something to add. ;)

I'd avoid reinstalling if possible, since it can lead to issues where you have to contact 2K Support to provide you with a new CD key. Instead, I'd recommend following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=90254

And restoring the official update files from 2K using our pack:
Official NBA 2K13 Roster & Online Data Update

Andrew
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Andrew wrote:For the record, you can just edit your previous post if you have something to add. ;)

I'd avoid reinstalling if possible, since it can lead to issues where you have to contact 2K Support to provide you with a new CD key. Instead, I'd recommend following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=90254

And restoring the official update files from 2K using our pack:
Official NBA 2K13 Roster & Online Data Update

haha, truth, much time since I used forums. :lol:
I'll check it out then. Thank you.
---

EDIT:

Guess what, I reinstalled it and the problem isn't solved. :P
Never seen anything like this, so weird. The only persistent files that I'm using are my saves, so I screwed it up on my roster or something, but I have no idea where to change it on the Roster Editor, I don't know even if it is possible. :shock:

---

EDIT 2:

I'm certain that it is my save now, since what I intended to do was changing the uniforms. I'll check other saves to see if I have a problem with them too, but I don't think it is the case, I think the problem is specific with this save.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

If the problem is with the save, maybe you can correct it by undoing any changes but worst case scenario, you'll have to start over.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am

I read a lot about the of.rebounding and i'm here just for that.

I Just delete the season i played with Denver Nuggets and propably i'm done with this game. I just can take it anymore with the bugs. Cpu doesn't make the game more difficult in every level it just steals you more and it does that mainly with rebounding. In alomost every game i saw every guard jump higher that McGee and faired and grab rebounds, they just ignore the block out, jump over the big guys and grab one of. rebound after the other. It's ridiculous.

In my last game maybe ever, in the play-of i saw in a very critical game Barea grab an of.rebound over McGee 3-4 ballgames after Rubio jump over Faried to do the same thing and i'm not ever counting the times the big gus of Wolves took an of. rebound by ignoring the block out (over the back foul you say??? no such thing for the cpu). They had 12 of. rebounds in the middle of the 3rd period (they had double of. rebounds in every game) That was it for me, i'm done i feel like that game is making fun of me, this thing is just bullshit. And that wasn't ever the worst i've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgE18wKY5P4

this is a video i made (i cant' record directly from the game unfortunately). Faried grabs the def. rebound but the ball just slips through his hand and goes... backwards to a Cavs player who scores without any trouble. It feels like one of those guys who made the game sits and watch all of those things and just laughs with an evil grim.

Even the nba live series had a more realistic of.rebounding. For me they destroyed a good game with this thing.

(i'm always talknig about the pc version)
dim-3D

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Not exactly a question but yeah, that is an annoying issue when it comes to rebounding.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Not exactly a question but yeah, that is an annoying issue when it comes to rebounding.

I wanted to post this in a different thread actually, I put it here by accident
dim-3D

Postby rafal723 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Is there any way to convert a replay from NBA 2K13 in .REP format to any other, e.g. .avi; .flv etc. ?
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby JaoSming on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 am

that is not how the rep files are saved, they are an interactive save of gameplay for the game, not a video file.

So you need to load each one up in game and use Fraps or an alternative to capture what is happening on your screen and into a video file. I do not recall if the YouTube/community site upload feature is working or not.
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rafal723 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:34 am

O.K., Thank you !

P.S. Sorry if it's not allowed to write here these things. ;)
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby perezdi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Guys, I was wondering, there is any way to edit the amount of SP that you gain per match? Since in PC you don't have the online experience to get VC, I want to boost it a bit, but not just giving my new player like lots of SP, just to edit the amount that you get per match so I can gradually (much faster or just a bit faster, like 1.5x+) increase my player stats.
perezdi

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am

I don't believe so.

Also, this thread isn't for modding questions, it's for questions about the base game.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby perezdi on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am

Andrew wrote:I don't believe so.

Also, this thread isn't for modding questions, it's for questions about the base game.

I see.

Thank you, anyway.
perezdi

Postby fj2305 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Since 4 days nba2k13 doesn't work? 11months it ran perfectly and now after 5 secs it shuts down? any solutions?
fj2305

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 am

This thread is for general questions about the game. If you're having technical difficulties, you should start a new thread.

You'll also need to post more information about the game and your system for someone to be able to point you in the right direction.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby fj2305 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Andrew wrote:This thread is for general questions about the game. If you're having technical difficulties, you should start a new thread.

You'll also need to post more information about the game and your system for someone to be able to point you in the right direction.

ok... I will try somewhere else;) thx anyways
fj2305

Postby ikez on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

:)

hello guys! only have one question. "how will i play the player i created in the association???" because whenever i start a new association it always restore to the default roster and i was hoping you guys had a ways now to deal with this ''playing the association with the updated roster''.

FYI this is for Playstation Portable Version (Not on PC)

:bowdown2: hoping for speedy response (Y)
ikez

Postby fox on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 am

I too would like to know how to play a created player in games other than exhibition. In my case I would like to play the 5 created players I made as a team in season play. But even if I load the saved players it always resets back to default roster when I start season mode. I am also playing on PSP.
fox

Postby Eben on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:46 pm

SLEEVED JERSEY FOR NBA 2K13.
Eben

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13