[Tool] Roster Merge & Repair v0.5.2.1 (New Video Tutorial)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.2.6

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 pm

You don't have the proper REditor license to edit the Teams tab, and you checked to transfer "status" information, so players' TeamIDs changed, but the team rosters haven't changed to reflect that, that's why the result is messed up.

You'll have to buy the proper REditor license.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.2.7

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

v0.2.7 is released!

- Fix: Players with PlType = 6 were being ignored
- Improvement: Missing FAs will now be moved to the destination roster if the Teams options is checked
- Improvement: Improved Conflict Resolution's automatic selections and available
- Addition: If copying team information, the required staff for each team will be copied over as well

By the way, I won't be doing the "select 30 teams and copy them to a new roster" thing soon, as it requires much more work than I originally thought (you have to transfer jerseys, arenas, stats and records), plus, I'm not sure whether we can overwrite the 30 default teams with other ones without breaking nearly all game modes.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jp10_pogi on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 pm

INVALID NAME %s >>> why is it appears whenever I export? comments? thank you :)

{SOLVED!!!} :D
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.2.4

Postby RobertoKostov93 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:34 pm

KL4 wrote:"Roster Merge encountered a critical error and will be terminated". WTF??!!
Can somebody help me please? And yes, i`ve seen all tutorials and have Roster Merge 0.2.4 and Roster Editor 3.7.

I am having the same problem with 0.2.7 version.. Previous version worked fine for me. Any ideas?

I have a Reditor 3.7.1 btw.
RobertoKostov93

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.2.4

Postby mlp111 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

RobertoKostov93 wrote:
KL4 wrote:"Roster Merge encountered a critical error and will be terminated". WTF??!!
Can somebody help me please? And yes, i`ve seen all tutorials and have Roster Merge 0.2.4 and Roster Editor 3.7.

I am having the same problem with 0.2.7 version.. Previous version worked fine for me. Any ideas?

I have a Reditor 3.7.1 btw.

i only have this issue when i put a check in some of the new options or say have all the boxes checked, then it crashes, but if you only check the box that was available in the previous version, everything works fine, sorry dont know the name of all the other options in the conflict resolution part, but i'll look when i get home from work,and edit this post with my workaround
mlp111

Postby Leftos on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:10 pm

The fact that the tool crashes does NOT help me.

Whenever you guys have a problem with the tool, if you want me to take you seriously and help you, you need to do two things:

1) Give me the EXACT steps you're following to get to the crash. Which rosters you're using, which categories and options you selected, which ones in the Conflict Resolution window.
2) Copy-paste in [code] tags here the error log that the tool tells you it has saved.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.3

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 pm

v0.3 released!

Draft Classes are now supported as sources.

NOTES:
- The tool will not copy over any players not in the destination roster.
- The tool will copy any required headshapes for players without cyberfaces, if there's enough space in the destination roster.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.3.0.1

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 am

v0.3.0.1
- Fix: Fixed bugs in Draft Class and Staff handling

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.3.0.2

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 am

v0.3.0.2
- Fix: Fixed crash regarding current players when teams are set to None

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:57 am

I forget if I asked you or not, but like the other tools, is it possible to allow for different filenames other than players.csv? Like manually select PlayersUBR.csv and PlayersOfficial.csv?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 am

I'd rather you used different folders. The tool uses other files from that folder as well, such as Teams, and Staff, and Headshapes, so you better export the whole file from REditor into its own folder.

There's hardcoded checks to make sure that Players.csv is selected and so that the tool doesn't crash, so yeah, this tool is kind of strict about that. I may change that in the future, just not right now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:11 am

yea, I just realized that you are doing checks for all tabs now, makes sense

last time I used it I just did Players/Teams

carry on (Y)

However, It seems like the tool is duplicating some players at the end of the roster. In UBR Scal is the 13th player in the rotation, but in the converted roster he is dubplicated as the 13th and 14th player, yet plrynum remains at 13

Happened with a few other teams as well

are the team rotations based on the TeamID in the players tab?

hmm, looks like the game don't give no damn and ignores the extra players if the plnum doesnt account for them. Let's see if a in-game save takes care of it....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 am

Yeah, it uses TeamID in the Players tab, since that's supposed to be set correctly besides having the player in the Team's roster.

Don't know why the tool's duplicating players. Give me a specific scenario (like the From and To roster, what selections and choices you're doing exactly) so that I can debug it, okay?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 am

Doing v24 of UBR to my UBR No Retro v2.

The players aren't being duplicated in-game, just in the REDitor. They remain in the rotation past the plnum

IMO, I wouldn't rely on the TeamID in the players tab, since I've missed it before, and HAWK has/does too. I think 2K still had some guys in FA with their TEAMIDs still active. It would be much more accurate to use the rotations to build the teams if possible.

(also, a select all for the player data for lazy peoples like me would be nice, if easy to implement)

BTW, does this support the D-League teams/players?

and again, I just imported over a glitched 360 save that had the Legends Showcase people in a roster, then using this was able to assign CFs from the UBR instead of the 360's DLC faces. So first :bowdown2: amazin' second, is there a way to automatically let the program decide which player to use?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am

I'll try to go through everything you posted and reply, let me know if I miss something.

I was just writing a long post explaining how roster transfer works and while looking at my code it hit me why players were "duplicated" in some non-existant roster positions. The players weren't being duplicated in the Players tab, it's just that the tool looked at the Player Count, fixed the according roster spots, but I forgot to code it so that it filled the rest of the spots with "-1". So teams that had more players in the To roster than in the From roster had some players filling extra spots, but being ignored as you noticed, because Roster Merge actually changed the Player Count value to the correct one. I've fixed this in the code, and the tool will now erase/reset to -1 any player spots beyond the Player Count. I'll release it in a few minutes.

I haven't put a "select all" because I want people to think before choosing a category. Things are easy to break if you move categories such as Status without transferring the according rosters, for example. You'll have to stop being lazy. :P

I know about the IsFA == 1 while TeamID1 <> -1 situation. But it's easy to fix. Do a good cleanup of the roster before using roster merge, by creating a filter in REditor (god I love this feature) for players with IsFA == 1 and change all their TeamID1 and TeamID2 to -1. You might also want to do the same for non PlType = 4 and non PlType = 6. There's only so many things Roster Merge can do, it cannot fix problems in rosters that are being overlooked. I may get some "roster cleanup" tools in Roster Merge soon though, such as fixing FA players to be proper FAs with no TeamIDs set, etc. But right now, I leave that up to roster makers.

So, in short, the tool DOES use the Team Rosters and NOT the TeamID1 to build the destination rosters. It only uses TeamID1 to determine which team to show in the Resolve Conflict window.

I can get full D-League support going, I don't know how much the tool does right now. I have seen players in D-League being considered as possible replacements in the Resolve Conflict window (I know HAWK has put many FAs there, that's how I know, and that's why I added that option in the conflict resolution window). What do I need to know regarding D-League team types, player types, etc? Can you give me some info?

The tool can only choose a player automatically IF they fulfill the following 2 conditions:
1) Same name (Last Name and First Name)
2) Proper IsFA & TeamID1 values (if IsFA == 1 then TeamID1 MUST BE -1, if IsFA == 0 then TeamID1 MUST NOT BE -1, otherwise the player is ignored as faulty).

The tool works in 2 passes. First it's the Player pass, where it looks for Player Information in the From roster to copy over to the To roster. So for each player in the To roster, it looks for matches in the From roster. If just one players fulfills the conditions, he's automatically picked. If there's more than one players, the Conflict Resolution window pops up, and gives you 3 options to automate (as much as possible) which player gets picked.
1) You can select to only be notified if any matching players are in different team than the player you're replacing. For example, "don't bother me while I'm replacing Iggy in the 76ers if there's an Iggy in the same team in the source roster!"
2) You can select to only be given options regarding current players for current teams. For example, "don't tell me there's 5 Iggys in the classic teams, only give me the Iggys in the current teams!"
3) You can select to have Free Agents be replaced with matching players in D-League teams. This feature I pretty much put in because of HAWK's putting some FAs in D-League teams. So, for example, if there's an FA in your To roster that only exists in a D-League team in the From roster, if you select this option, you won't be notified as the candidate will be picked automatically. This option will also pick D-League matches over classic matches as well.

The second pass is the roster pass (if you select Current or All teams), where the tool looks through each team's Roster section in the From roster, finds matching players in the To roster (which it has already edited during the first pass), and copies over any missing players (such as the 2012 rookies or european signings), and also any missing FA. You shouldn't get many notifications during this phase, if any. EDIT: Note that missing players have ALL THEIR CATEGORIES copied over, if that's not obvious. You don't need to select them all to get missing players in with their full info.

Use the tool's automation features, and if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Here's the filter I use to cleanup the roster.

Also, if you want to quickly fix your roster (just the PlCount and duplicate players thing), download v0.3.0.3 of Roster Merge, select UBR in From and your roster in To, DO NOT SELECT ANY PLAYER CATEGORIES, just Current in Teams, select No FA, and then Do It. Check all 3 checkboxes (doesn't matter as the players won't get edited), and then click on Replace. You should be done and have a fixed roster almost instantly. I verified this in my Custom Roster and also my Association.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

all I will say is werd

great post, great explanation, and thank you (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.3.0.3

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 am

v0.3.0.3 released!

Tool wouldn't erase any extra roster spots beyond each team's Player Count, and so some players would be duplicated in the roster; they showed up properly in game (only once, that is).
Nevertheless, this has been fixed now, so if you're copying Team Information over and a team has 13 players in its Player Count, roster spots 14 to 20 will be erased (set to -1).

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am

Man, I want to try this so bad, especially merging Alby's roster to UBRV24, but it seems so complicated to me. I just don't want to screw up these great rosters.
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:50 am

Why would you screw them up? You do know how to keep backups, right? Just back them up at another folder before editing them, and you can always download them again.

So I don't really get what you mean.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 am

Someone posted earlier that he did something (checked off the wrong item I believe) and his roster ended up being messed up, that's what I was referring to.
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 am

I've posted a way too detailed guide. You can't go wrong, as I've done the same thing. And as I said, even if the roster gets messed up, you can just replace it with your backup.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:14 am

I finally was able to d/ld roster merge Lefto's, I switched it to run the program as a administrator, and it loaded. Something real simple, thx for help though. :D
Uncle Drew

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 am

How do you open both rosters in Reditor to show them side by side like in the video? I opened UBRV24, then tried to open Alby's roster V6 (playoffs) and they didn't show up side by side at the top of the editor. I'm new to this and it confuses the hell outta me. :?
Uncle Drew

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.4

Postby Leftos on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:25 am

v0.4 released!

3 roster repair tools have been added:
* Fix FAs: Any player with PlType = 4 or 5 or 6 that isn't in a team roster is set to be a Free Agent with TeamID -1
* Erase Rookie Stats: Fixes rookies with Years Pro = 1 having career stats (usually duplicates from actual players)
* Fix ASA IDs: Fixes any ASA_ID duplicates and assigns all awards properly to each player

To use the roster repair tools, put the Players.csv of the roster you want to repair as the destination ("To") roster, not the source ("From"). You should leave the source roster empty.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge & Repair v0.4

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:39 am

you crazy man you
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding