[Tool] Roster Merge & Repair v0.5.2.1 (New Video Tutorial)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[Tool] Roster Merge & Repair v0.5.2.1 (New Video Tutorial)

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 am

Before you ask...

Current Features
* Copy player information from roster to roster
* Automatic player matching between rosters, tool will only bother you if there are conflicts
* Copy team information, including rosters, situationals, staff
* Copy missing players
* Roster repair tools (Fix Free Agents, Erase Rookie Stats, Fix Duplicate ASA_IDs, Find Players to cut for 15-player team rosters, Randomize PA Nicknames)

Latest News
NEW! Here's a brand new fully-detailed video tutorial covering the following 5 scenarios:
- Copy Albys Player Information to UBR (REditor Free) (0:56)
- Copy Albys Player Information to UBR No Retro (REditor Free) (6:15)
- Repair common roster problems (REditor Free) (7:50)
- Copy UBR Team Rosters, Rookies and Missing Players to Albys (REditor Player License) (16:13)
- Copy Nick's 2012 Draft Class Rookies to Combined UBR + Albys (REditor Developer License) (21:04)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_n76JYDvg

NEW! Roster Merge can now repair common problems in rosters!
Read more here!

Copy Team Rosters & Situationals! Tool finds the appropriate Player IDs automatically, and copies over any missing players!
Read more here!

Description
Roster Merge is a tool that can help you get the best of both worlds out of two (or more) rosters. It allows you to copy specific sections of player information from one roster or save to another in an automated fashion.

You pick which roster to copy from, which roster to copy to, which sections of information to copy (e.g. "Skills", "Hot Zones", "Bio") and go.

NOTE: Right now it doesn't support direct roster editing, but it's really quick and easy using REditor. Read the detailed instructions below.

The sections are taken directly from REditor. I have many features in mind to add to this, such as only copying information for specific teams, but I don't have the time to do it. I shall have more time come mid-July.

The tool handles conflicts, which means that if a player with the same name exists multiple times in the roster you're copying from, it lets you choose which instance of that player you want to copy the information from. It can also automate conflict resolution by ignoring multiple instances if both the original and destination player are in the same team. For example, if there's a Tayshaun Prince both in the current Pistons team and in historic ones in the roster you're copying from, the tool can select the corresponding team by default, so that the current information gets copied to the current Prince, while historic instances get copied to the right historic instances automatically (if TeamIDs match).

Let me know what you think. Questions, feedback, suggestions, all are welcome.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
1. Open the roster you want to copy from in REditor. Go to File > Export to CSV, select Whole File, browse to a folder of your choice, click on Export.
2. Open the roster you want to copy to in REditor. Go to File > Export to CSV, select Whole File, browse to a folder of your choice, click on Export.
3. Run the tool, selecting the Players.csv file REditor extracted in step 1 in From, and the Players.csv file REditor extracted in step 2 in To.
4. Select the categories you want to copy over.
5. Press Do It.
6. The tool will inform you of any conflicts you may need to resolve.
7. When the tool says "Done", go back to REditor.
8. Open the roster you opened in Step 2 in REditor again. Go to File > Import from CSV, select Whole File, browse to the folder you chose in step 2, click on Import.
9. Save the roster, load it in-game, and enjoy.

VIDEO TUTORIALS
Players only (outdated)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P7Bcm8vCGc

Team Rosters, Situationals, Missing Players, Trades (outdated)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnVstX4bO8

Using v0.2.4 with REditor II v3.7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyaMMubOhHQ

DISCLAIMER
I haven't tested this much, so make sure to keep backups of your roster in case something goes wrong.
Also, just because you've combined two good rosters, doesn't mean you should release them without permission. If you don't have permission from all the people that were involved with the rosters you combined, you should NEVER release the combined roster or any edits whatsoever.

REDITOR COMPATIBILITY
v0.2.4 has been tested to work fully with REditor v3.7.

If you're still wondering what this could be used for, the original idea came today when I thought that I couldn't wait for Albys to release a post-draft roster, but since I love his ratings for current players so much, I wanted to copy them over to HAWK23's Ultimate Base Roster. This tool lets me do just that in an automated fashion, while not messing with HAWK23's historic teams. It could also be used for updating the ratings of players in the middle of your Association from an updated roster, without starting all over just for the new ratings and signature moves.

Download
NLSC: Roster Merge & Repair

Donate and support my work
If you enjoy using my tools and want to show your appreciation, all you have to do is say a hello and a thank you in a reply here. If, however, you want to show a little more appreciation, you can always consider making a small donation towards my everyday and studies expenses. Any donation, no matter the amount, will give me even greater incentive to develop these tools and helping the community.

Click here to donate!
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.1

Postby ILL-Patch guy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 am

great tool, thanx for your work :)
ILL-Patch guy

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks Leftos. Another amazing tool by you.
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 am

I tried to copy almost everything from Abys RR5.1 to UBR v20 and when I loaded the game it says that UBRv20 roster file is corrupted. I marked the only for NBA 30 teams feature in your tool.
Rosque

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:02 am

What sections did you select? You can't move everything most probably. There are bound to be incompatibilities.

Also, it could be dependent on the version of REditor you're using. I heard 3.5.1 had some problems. Did you try both 3.1 and 3.5.1? Did you try with fewer sections?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:04 am

I selected everything except bio.
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:07 am

BTW could you explain step by step what should we do? It's kinda unclear.
Rosque

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 am

I'm fixing issues as we speak, I will be back with a new version soon. REditor does seem not to be able to handle it when I paste it all the data from an Excel file. Row by row works, but it refuses to work if I try to do it all in one pass.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] Roster Merge v0.1.1

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 am

I've just updated the tool to v0.1.1 (same download links). I've fixed various issues with it, and I've tested that it works by importing Skills, Capabilities, Tendencies, Animations & Gear from Albys 5.1 over to UBR v20 (for the current teams, at least). The tool now works with TSV formatted files, that is tab-separated, not comma-separated.

What you should do:
1. Open the roster you want to copy from in REditor. Press Ctrl-A in the Players tab to select everything. Press Ctrl-C to copy. Open Notepad or another text-editor, press Ctrl-V to paste. Save.
2. Open the roster you want to copy to in REditor. Press Ctrl-A in the Players tab to select everything. Press Ctrl-C to copy. Open Notepad or another text-editor, press Ctrl-V to paste. Save.
3. Run the tool, selecting the txt file you saved in step 1 in From, and the txt file you saved in step 2 in To.
4. Select the categories you want to copy over.
5. Press Do It.
6. The tool will inform you of any conflicts you may need to resolve.
7. When the tool says "Done", open the file you saved in Step 2 in Notepad (or your favorite text-editor). It should now have the changes the tool did to it.
8. Press Ctrl-A to select everything, press Ctrl-C to copy.
9. Open the roster you opened in Step 2 in REditor again. Select the topmost-leftmost cell in the Players tab. That is the last-name of the player with ID 0.
10. Press Ctrl-V to paste, wait a few seconds. I don't know if there's an indication when the paste is done, but REditor should be unresponsive until it finishes.
11. Save the roster, load it in-game, and enjoy.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby 187 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 am

Leftos wrote:I'm fixing issues as we speak, I will be back with a new version soon. REditor does seem not to be able to handle it when I paste it all the data from an Excel file. Row by row works, but it refuses to work if I try to do it all in one pass.

You have to be careful row by row, I've done it before but it took a few attempts.

Appreciate the tool (Y)

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks Leftos :))
Rosque

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:19 am

I've actually found that you shouldn't select everything before pasting into REditor. Selecting the topmost-leftmost cell works the best for pasting all the data at once.

I'm uploading a video tutorial. Even though it ended up being 15 minutes long, I'm explaining too much throughout the duration. You should be done in 1-2 minutes, tops.

Rosque wrote:I selected everything except bio.

Status is a dangerous category to copy over from one Roster to another, because it includes which team the player plays for, his minutes, etc. If you copy this over and don't fix the rotations and situationals and the roster of each team in the Teams tab, you're screwed.

The categories I recommend for copying over from Albys to UBR are Skills, Capabilities, Tendencies, Hot Zones, Hot Spots, Animations and Gear.

===========

Added video tutorial in first post.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 am

Hey Leftos.. Does your tool works with X360 roster files because all I want to transfer from those rosters are capabilities as I think there are different rosters that I'd like to try out and are well praised by XBOX360 community?
Rosque

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 am

If REditor works with them and there are 348 columns, then Roster Merge should have no problem.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rosque on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks Leftos for your Tool, video and answers. ;) BTW: love that greek accent :D Hope you're happy how your national team went on EURO 2012. If you follow football(soccer if you call it that way).
Rosque

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 am

Leftos! :bowdown2: Gonna try this out! This is an excellent tool for us... Thanks a bunch! (Y)
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:24 am

Very cool, nicely done. (Y)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 25th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 20
Administrator

Postby mlp111 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:47 am

this is hot Leftos, amazing.... question, can we copy 2k12 roster to 2k11 roster files, is so, going to be insane!
mlp111

Postby mlp111 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 pm

also i have another question, i like kings_12 albys roster, is there a way to change over your accessory colors as well, i know its early, but king_12 roster colors are hands down the best!
mlp111

Postby 187 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 pm

mlp111 wrote:also i have another question, i like kings_12 albys roster, is there a way to change over your accessory colors as well, i know its early, but king_12 roster colors are hands down the best!

If you have the full version you can just copy and paste, I've done it many of times.

Postby xerion on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice tool but when I copy stuff from Albys RR to UBR and load the roster in-game, when I click "HOME", game crashes. Damn!

I've done it all with tutorial. Had no problem with that.

It also happens when I try to edit Grizzlies' Dante Cunningham, for example.
xerion

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm

mlp111, 2k12 to 2k11? Don't think it's going to work. I'm pretty sure that they use different kinds of fields (for example 2K12 has more signature animation options, abilities, etc.).

Accessory colors are part of the Teams tab right? That's pretty much a copy-paste in REditor, since it's pretty much doubtful different 2K12 rosters have the teams in different order. You don't even need Roster Merge.

xerion, seems like something is going wrong. I moved from Albys 5.1 to UBR v20 with the exact steps I followed in the tutorial and I had no problem. Maybe you selected too many categories? I already said I suggested Skills, Capabilities, Tendencies, Hot Spots, Hot Zones, Animations and Gear. The rest are pretty risky stuff to move, I think.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby xerion on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for reply. I somehow got it working. Looks like the problem was that I edited Tony Wroten in-game... :D

Not being able to convert accessory colors as said earlier though
xerion

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:32 pm

When you transfer Gear from one roster to another, you're transferring the accessory selections, not the colors. The colors are set per-team, and are in the Teams tab. You'll have to transfer those over yourself.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby xerion on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Yes Leftos, I understand what Roster Merger does with accessory. I copied values from Albys rosters to UBR but still wrong colors there. However that's not problem of your tool anymore. So I am sorry for spam
xerion

Next

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding