Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 7/1

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 7/1

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

This year we have more tools for NBA 2K12 than any of the past 2K games and there are simply too many "stickied" threads in the first page of the releases forum. For now on the [Tool] threads will be unstickied but will be listed in this sticky. We still encourage the discussion of specific tools in their respective threads, but feel free to ask any questions you may have here as well.

To download, click the big name of the tool, or check the support thread.

Editing Tools

NBA2KX Mod Tool (2K12 Supported) - Support Thread - Tutorial
The oldest and most updated IFF editing tool there is. Supports both textures (dds only), and 3D models (Tutorial). Supports almost every IFF file in the game, cannot handle uniform names or numbers.

NBA 2K12 3DM Mod Tool - Support Thread - In Chinese
A new tool that does the same thing as the other Mod Tool, but also supports Uniform Numbers. A bit more complicated to use since it is completely in Chinese and requires users to right click each texture or model to import/export. Also requires the user to "save" the IFF file for changes to be applied. This tool does support more 3D models such as the scorebug than the above Mod Tool.

Court Logos Normalizer (for non-US residents) - Support Thread
This tool attempts to fix the "licensing issue" with inaccurate and unfixable court logos for non-US players. Your mileage may vary since the tool requires that you have the US version of the game executable which is not allowed to be distributed on these forums.

NBA 2K12 Cyberface Textures Exporter/Importer - Support Thread - Tutorial
A simple alternative to using the Mod Tool. The Cyber Face Texture Importer/Exporter will automatically extract all of the textures contained in a player's IFF file (png####.iff) allowing for easy access to all the textures at once. Textures are exported as dds files and need to maintain proper formatting and size requirements to use this tool.

NBA 2K12 Cyberfaces Manager - Support Thread
This fantastic little tool allows us to edit the players within a roster. Specifically, it lets us apply Cyberfaces to Created Players, change skin tone, eye color, and change the Cyber Face ID for all players. Very useful for those creating Total Conversion mods.

NBA 2K12 Jersey Textures Importer/Exporter - Support Thread - Tutorial
Very similar to the Cyber Face Texture Importer/Exporter, this tool exports the basic uniform textures for editing into DDS files. Those DDS files do require proper formatting and size requirements to properly import.

Keep My Mod - Support Thread
Very useful tool that allows users to keep their modified files, even though 2K Sports official updates the same file. While being able to officially update inaccurate courts, uniforms, and faces is great for console users, with all the community patches we make for the PC, it can be very annoying when these updates cannot be used.

NBA 2K12 My Player Cyberface - Support Thread
Great tool for My Player users. This allows you to open your My Player save file and apply a Cyberface to your player. Very useful if you want to have a custom Cyberface of yourself but don't want to use the Creating a Legend mode. This tool also allows you to change skin tone, which is very useful if you pick the wrong one at the beginning of your career.

Miracle My Jersey/Stadium - Support Thread
This tool allows you to edit the shading and lighting effects on each individual uniform iff file. What previously took hours for a certain administrator, can now be applied to all uniforms in NBA 2K12 in minutes.

REDitor II - Support Thread - v3.6 Released!
THE roster editor is back for NBA 2K12. New fields and editable options this year along with all the options from last year. A must have for all Total Conversion creators, rating gurus, and gear color enthusiasts. Different versions that can edit more options will cost money.

Global Editor (Edit Global Lighting) - Support Thread
This tool edits the player lighting located inside the global.iff file. By editing the various parameters you can increase the shadowing and other effects on the player. Future versions will support the post-patch global file as well as reflections and other parameters.

Roster Merge - Support Thread
Get the best of 2 or more rosters by combining them for a perfect blend. Have a roster that has all the players you want but don't like its ratings? Copy them over from a roster you like in an automated fashion, leaving everything else just like it is. Works also for any other player info.

NBA Stats Tracker (previously Correct Team Stats) - Support Thread
A tool that started as a way to get correct team stats in Association, and has now grown to be a full blown basketball statistical analysis tool. All the stats that NBA 2K12 doesn't give you, and also the best way to follow and analyze the statistics of your favorite basketball league, any league in the world.

Trainers

Fantasy Genius - Support Thread - In Chinese
This trainer allows you to perform trades, manage rotations, and other information.

MultiTrainer - Support Thread - In Chinese
Allows you to edit a bunch of player information.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12

Postby eda on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 am

I really liked it better as it was before.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 am

Nope, have to disagree. It's better to have the tools all here, as long as Jao includes the latest update date in the title so that we'll know when there's something new. Having so many stickies made me scroll too much again and again to find if there's any updates to non-tool mods.

Another idea would be to have a subforum in the Releases section just for tools, so that you'll know when their threads have new posts without looking for them in the main releases forum, without having to have them stickied, and without having to check each one through this thread.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 am

eda wrote:I really liked it better as it was before.

Leftos wrote:Nope, have to disagree. It's better to have the tools all here, as long as Jao includes the latest update date in the title so that we'll know when there's something new. Having so many stickies made me scroll too much again and again to find if there's any updates to non-tool mods.

Another idea would be to have a subforum in the Releases section just for tools, so that you'll know when their threads have new posts without looking for them in the main releases forum, without having to have them stickied, and without having to check each one through this thread.

That was the reasoning for the change, the sheer amount of tools/stickies were enough to warrant a change, but not enough for their own subforum. I am planning to update the first post (and title) when a tool has a new release, and properly update the list as needed.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby StompTheCourt on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am

This is freakin great I love this and it really cleaned up the look and feel of the release & previews section great idea (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:22 am

Much better, thanks for taking care of it Jon. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby anastasis16 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:51 pm

this helps a lot, thx Jao! (Y)
anastasis16

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 am

This is awesome my man Jao! :D

Suggestion: Placing a NEW! (if new) sign plus RELEASE DATE to keep us informed whether we have the up-to-date tools.

Example wrote:
Editing Tools

NBA2KX Mod Tool (2K12 Supported) - Support Thread - Tutorial
NEW! Release Date: January 6, 2012
The oldest and most updated IFF editing tool there is. Supports both textures (dds only), and 3D models (Tutorial). Supports almost every IFF file in the game, cannot handle uniform names or numbers.
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:40 am

well thank you for freaking me out about a possible update to the mod tool, but I think I might do a list at the top of the page then stick the :new: Smilie we have here next to it.

We'll figure it out when the REDitor comes out
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:22 am

hahaha :lol: sorry mate.... now the forums are even HOTTER pheeww!

Great job Jao (Y)
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ChannelledAnger on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:28 am

JaoSming,

can you translate Chinese :?:
ChannelledAnger

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:31 am

Usernames aren't always a good way to describe someone Mr. Anger :wink: Vermont is a looong way away from China and no, I don't know Chinese.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 am

added Leftos' new tools to the bottom of the list.

Anyone have suggestions on how the tools should be sorted in the first post?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 1/9

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 am

They could be broken down further according to purpose, and I would say alphabetically.

An addition to the Correct Team Stats tool if you will. Mention the Scouting Reports and the Team Rankings features, I feel they're important and the tool's name doesn't show them off.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 pm

JaoSming wrote:added Leftos' new tools to the bottom of the list.

Anyone have suggestions on how the tools should be sorted in the first post?

With more tools being released recently i'm thinking of a subforum maybe... Seems like it will include maybe even more topics, than the Tutorials one.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby andrefaelnar on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 am

hey jaosming! i just wanna ask which would be the tool converter that is suitable for modifying courts or arenas in nba 2k12? like where you want to convert the courts from 2k11 and use it in nba 2k12. if u have any suggestions, answers, or solutions, let me know ok? your help is mostly appreciated! thanks!
andrefaelnar

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:25 am

mod tool (the top one)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 1/12

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 am

not that you need this thread to tell you, but the REDitor has been released!
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:33 am

Jao, remove Correct Team Stats from the list for now. It doesn't work for Associations where the user-controlled team is not the Pistons, for reasons I've explained in its thread, so it doesn't deserve a spot up there until I can make it compatible with every team and every season.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 am

updated, hope it works out for you man
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AcE_ on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 pm

i have a 32 bit Windows 7 and tried the 3DM tool to edit jersey numbers & names but it wouldn't allow me to open it in PS. help?
AcE_

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:38 pm

you will be better off replying in that tool's support thread, but I dont know why you are having issues with that tool and the textures it exports.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 2/26

Postby Leftos on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 am

I think the Global Editor deserves a place up there. :P

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 2/26

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Leftos wrote:I think the Global Editor deserves a place up there. :P

Agreed (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Complete List of [Tools] for NBA 2K12 - Updated 3/17