[Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor - REDitor II (Current v. 5.0)

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 pm

It's a false positive.
Vl@d used to put machine learning code for trace registered installations.
He released the software, but forgot to retire part of this machine learning code.
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 pm

It's a false positive. Whenever I do any work with REDitor or RED MC, I temporarily disable my anti-virus. I've also made an exception for it so that it doesn't get wiped when I'm not using it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat May 18, 2019 3:35 am

I'm currently getting a Script Error whenever I fire up the latest version of Reditor II. Dismissing the error either way (continue to run scripts, stop running the scripts) doesn't solve the problem, as everything is inaccessible; all I can do is close the program, all of the menus disappear. The latest version of RED MC (2K13 and 2K14) does seem to be working fine.

Anyone else still working with Reditor II currently experiencing that?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Just as a follow up, I reached out to Vlad and it looks like it was an issue with his website. Should be working fine now, if there any issues let me know and I'll pass them along.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JOHNPAXSON5 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi these days the REDITORII v5.00 have a problem that says "New version of REDITORII is available this is the critical update, your version can't be used anymore and is going to close".
By reading in old posts it looks that there's a new release but i don't think so.
Anyone helps? Thanks.
JOHNPAXSON5

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:53 pm

The latest version is in the Downloads section. I've been using it without seeing that error, so as long as you have the latest version, everything should be fine.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:23 am

JOHNPAXSON5 wrote:Hi these days the REDITORII v5.00 have a problem that says "New version of REDITORII is available this is the critical update, your version can't be used anymore and is going to close".
By reading in old posts it looks that there's a new release but i don't think so.
Anyone helps? Thanks.

I recall that happening to me a few times but I just reinstalled and it eventually went away.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:59 am

This isn't the topic to ask questions like that, but no, no one has posted a new roster recently.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kccitystar on Mon May 18, 2020 5:25 am

It looks like REDitor II no longer works as it fails the version check (apparently it would ping back to red-mods.com to do this, but the domain expired). Vlad would need to update the program so it does not run a version check as this doesn't happen with RED MC.

My workaround for now is to basically reinstall REDitor, and set up a firewall rule that will sandbox the .exe from making inbound/outbound connections, then launching it again.
Kccitystar

Postby JOHNPAXSON5 on Mon May 18, 2020 6:28 am

Kccitystar wrote:It looks like REDitor II no longer works as it fails the version check (apparently it would ping back to red-mods.com to do this, but the domain expired). Vlad would need to update the program so it does not run a version check as this doesn't happen with RED MC.

My workaround for now is to basically reinstall REDitor, and set up a firewall rule that will sandbox the .exe from making inbound/outbound connections, then launching it again.

Hi man, i notice like u said that in these days REDITOR doesn't work anymore, did u resolve the problem with the firewall, i try to do some things but don't know if it's right, can u answer me please, Thank u
JOHNPAXSON5

Postby JOHNPAXSON5 on Mon May 18, 2020 7:13 am

Anyway i found a temporary solution that works for me. Everytime u open the program there's the dialog box of the check version, and if u click on "ok" the program will close. But if u wait some seconds after the dialog pop up without press "ok" there will appear another dialog box of "script error" like in RED MODDING CENTRE. If u click "continue with the script" after this u can open files, roster and edit them and save also, but the check version dialog box need to remain, u can move it on the top right angle right side of close icon. Hope this can be helpful
JOHNPAXSON5

Postby Andrew on Mon May 18, 2020 1:22 pm

Good to know there's a workaround in the short term! I've also sent Vlad an email about it, so hopefully a more permanent fix can be devised soon.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kccitystar on Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Andrew wrote:Good to know there's a workaround in the short term! I've also sent Vlad an email about it, so hopefully a more permanent fix can be devised soon.

Awesome to hear, Andrew!

It's the only program that would allow me to work on roster projects for MLB2K12, and I was mortified to know I couldn't open the program when I was trying to resume some work this morning.
Kccitystar

Postby Andrew on Mon May 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Vlad's renewed the domain so as soon as it propagates and is back up and running worldwide, it'll work as before. Shouldn't be longer than 24 hours, given how long it usually takes for domains.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kccitystar on Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 am

Andrew wrote:Vlad's renewed the domain so as soon as it propagates and is back up and running worldwide, it'll work as before. Shouldn't be longer than 24 hours, given how long it usually takes for domains.

Awesome. I'm a little curious though as RED MC does not have this problem. Perhaps he would be able to update REDitor to remove the version check function that pings back to red-mods.com?
Kccitystar

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 am

If Vlad releases a new version that's probably something he'll look into. In the meantime, the domain hasn't propagated for me yet, but as I mentioned, it can take up to 24 hours.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby nba2kiraq on Thu May 21, 2020 7:47 am

Kccitystar wrote:It looks like REDitor II no longer works as it fails the version check (apparently it would ping back to red-mods.com to do this, but the domain expired). Vlad would need to update the program so it does not run a version check as this doesn't happen with RED MC.

hi , me too same problem but i turned off my connection then it worked well.

nba2kiraq

Postby Andrew on Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Vlad's still sorting it out, hopefully should be all fixed soon. Just have to sit tight in the meantime, or use one of the mentioned workarounds.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Looks like we're back in business!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ForteIV on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:36 am

Can you edit salary cap in Association with this?
ForteIV

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Not as far as I'm aware.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ForteIV on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:47 am

Bummer. Do you know if there is any tool for it?
ForteIV

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:40 am

Definitely no other tools for editing those kinds of aspects. I'm not sure anyone ever found a way to edit the salary caps in that generation of games.

The general solution has been to adjust salaries accordingly. So for example, if you wanted to use 2020 salaries in a roster for NBA 2K12, you'd scale those numbers accordingly so they'd fit with the 2012 cap. That way, you've at least got players taking up the percentage of the cap they currently do, and representing teams being under and over the cap accordingly. It's not a perfect solution, but pretty much the best one when it comes to aspects we can't edit for current and retro mods alike. The salaries are the part we can actually adjust, so that's basically what we have to work with.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RMJH4 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:15 am

Sorry to bump a really really old and long dead thread! But has anyone been able to get this last version to open or edit xbox360 files?
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:18 am

I haven't tried it as yet, but I was under the impression it could. I'm not sure if there's any additional steps required to make them openly readable though, given the need to rehash Xbox 360 saves to share them.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding