Reinstalling game to PC

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Reinstalling game to PC

Postby stege on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:23 pm

The other day I was looking in the download section. I saw a couple of patches I wanted; the black arm patch for rookies and a retro shoe patch. After installing the patches I tried to play the game. On the start up load screen it said something about unable to save to disc and when I went to load my Ultimate Roster I saw I didn't have one. I also lost my Association Roster and my saved Settings. I tried everything to fix the problem. So I finally decided to uninstall the software and reinstall it. The problem is that it will not reinstall. It keeps telling me to check if some png. line exist I check it and click retry only to have it ask to shut down an hour later. Can anyone help me with this. :bowdown:
stege

Re: Reinstalling game to PC

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Are there any traces of the game left in your Program Files folder? Have you tried restarting your PC since getting the error message (sounds simple I know, just trying to cover all the bases)?

I've found that the "can't save to disc" error occurs when the game is launched via the DVD's autorun. If the disc is already in the drive and you launch the game from a desktop or Start Menu shortcut, everything should work fine. Sadly, the error has carried over to NBA 2K13 as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K12