NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase

Postby Rob Owen on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 am

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase: New Downloadable Basketball Experience

2K Sports today announced the upcoming release of “Legends Showcase,” a downloadable add-on for NBA® 2K12, the latest installment in the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Legends Showcase will be available this holiday season for $9.99 via PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Click here

Not available for PC? That is BS!
Rob Owen

Re: NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase

Postby LHead2 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 am

I wouldn't pay for it anyways. In my opinion, it's a despicable business model.
LHead2

Postby jaelove on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:58 am

wow that is f'd up like seriously
jaelove

Postby JaoSming on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:15 am

not available on PC at all

https://twitter.com/#!/Ronnie2K/status/ ... 1821643776

@leftosa The DLC is PS3/360 only per press release.

:shake: watered down Blacktop mode all year long....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jaelove on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:30 am

JaoSming wrote:not available on PC at all

I hate stuff like this why are they shitting on the pc community first by giving us a gimped version of the game with no custom audio or controls now no dlc support if they don't want to make 2k for the pc then don't nobody forced them to or told them to make the game 29.99 pc users want the full experience
jaelove

Postby IQuessSo on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 am

jaelove wrote:
JaoSming wrote:not available on PC at all

I hate stuff like this why are they shitting on the pc community first by giving us a gimped version of the game with no custom audio or controls now no dlc support if they don't want to make 2k for the pc then don't nobody forced them to or told them to make the game 29.99 pc users want the full experience

Shh, I don't want them taking away my PC version :D
IQuessSo

Postby Pdub on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 am

Wow. Look at the hatred on all the comments on the facebook page. It's like 9/10 don't give a shit.

Their problems are beginning to bite them in the ass. You don't fix the same broken game issues year after year, it alienates your loyal customers, let alone take a feature out, put it back in and make people pay extra. They are just trying to make some of that licensing money back. I remember when 21, and 1 on 1 to 4 on 4 was already a blacktop feature. Oh, horse....yay. Cel shading, COOL!! How to disable it?
Everything is a copy of a copy. Eventually, it distorts enough to look original.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 am

I might have considered it, just so that I could have offered some impressions on it if nothing else, but without a PC release that's a moot point.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby DVocShoeBox on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Is it possible to copy and paste the file from 360 and give it a try? Just a thought, it would be cool for an all-star game and playoffs!
.....Retired Modder.......
..............Over 200,000 in downloads.............
.............NBA SummerTime 2k9, NBA Street 2k10 Vol.2..........
.............Precise Live 08, Precise Summer League07,08,09..................
DVocShoeBox
Director | Designer | Developer

Postby Pdub on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 pm

No it is not. Pc and xbox use different formats and containers for their files. The information is mostly the same, but packaged differently. It is possible for a programmer with a lot of time on his hands to convert the graphic files and roster, but actually getting the game modes ported to pc would not work.
Everything is a copy of a copy. Eventually, it distorts enough to look original.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 pm

I really can not understand why this feature (I wouldn't buy it because the effects sucks so much) is unavailable for PC. Even EA/ Origin have realized that it's possible to get some bucks from PC users for DLC.
What's next? paying for lay up/ dunk packages? 3pointers in online games count for 4 points if you downloaded the IOWNYAALL DLC? This really sucks!
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby chicagoRAW on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 am

This is just lazy on 2k's part and shows they most likely have a very small development staff....which would actually explain the terrible faces like 2k11 had and other little things that the game has wrong with it. The reason I say this is because this DLC is easy to release because its just an extra game mode with a different shadow effect and not to mention that everything is developed on the PC in the first place. Look at the major games that are much more complex like BF3, Crysis, GTA, that get released on PC and get all DLC as well. 2k even puts out one patch after like 4 months of the game being released, that's unheard of. I don't understand how a game of such stature, popularity and success has such a big problem doing things that would be an after thought from other games, its not rocket science....well maybe for them it is.... :?
chicagoRAW

Postby Bird4three on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 am

How are they supposed to make 40 Million to buy an NFL contract to make NFL 2k13 :P

they gotta make dough somehow EA messed up nba live so all they got is nba 2k now

the show runs MLB madden on nfl cause of license nhl2k died nhl 12 is really good game

so they must scrounge for dough :crazyeyes:
I'm medium chunky like my salsa
Bird4three

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:I really can not understand why this feature (I wouldn't buy it because the effects sucks so much) is unavailable for PC. Even EA/ Origin have realized that it's possible to get some bucks from PC users for DLC.
What's next? paying for lay up/ dunk packages? 3pointers in online games count for 4 points if you downloaded the IOWNYAALL DLC? This really sucks!

I'm guessing it's the ease of distribution through PSN and XBL. It's obviously possible to get DLC out there for PC titles, plenty of developers do it; Bethesda would be one example with Fallout 3, as well as Fallout: New Vegas (which required Steam, so DLC distribution was fairly straightforward for everyone), so it's possible 2K just doesn't want to be bothered with it. Considering that the PC version is still very much an afterthought when it comes to the official fixes, it's not surprising.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:39 am

Whatever, I don't believe in paying multiple times for the same game anyway. Ever since playing Mafia II I've been allergic to the phrase "DLC". Unfortunately, people will take anything thrown at them so game developers get away with the bitch strategy of taking features out of the game and returning them for extra cash.
Spree#8

Return to NBA 2K12